Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I just started smoking, why does my chest hurt?
I've been smoking for about a month or so now. Today i smoked about 2 and a half parliaments today....

Ventilator Pnuemonia?
does anyone know how this is treated??
Additional Details
He is on a ventilator and has developed ...

Has anyone had success quiting smoking with Chantix?

What can i do/say to stop my friends from smoking?
they are 14.
how can i tell them to stop!
they dont listen!
they dont smoke a lot but i want them to stop!...

..I stropped smoking pot about 5 months ago. about 1 week ago?
I took one small hit from my old bowl that mostly contained resin. I have to have a hair test in a few days. Will I ...

Cigarss ?!?
Is smoking a cigar (ex colts) bad for you when you only smoke one every so often .. like every 2 weeks ?...

What is the best otc medicine for a sinus infection?
i'm pretty sure i have a sinus infection... i'm stuffy and congested, then drippy, sore thoat, thick gross mucous (sorry for the details).. what med shoudl i take? maybe its just a cold? im ...

People Who Choose To Smoke?
I have asthma, so naturally I try to stay away from smokers. But I don't think that everyone should stop smoking, I mean if someone knows all the health risks of smoking and they still decide to ...

First-time smoking?
after your first cigarette will you get sick? like sore throat(burning), raspy voice, needing to clear your voice and shortness of breath(harder time breathing). even if you don't smoke the ...

Does anyone here suffer from anxiety attacks?

Help with a question about Smoking.?
I would like to know what a "Jay" is, my friend told me he got kicked out of school for smoking a Jay so..
What is it..??

What are some reasons why a person might have fluid in lungs when they die?
Again i am doing a project for my biomedical studies class. This woman has died and in her autopsy report there was fluid found in her lungs....

Ever since I started smoking.?
When I lived in NY i could smoke cigarettes no problem and with no pain.. I moved to Arizona and it hurts to inhale them and it makes my glands feel sore.. Is there a reason why this happened?...

Smoking weed-how's it like your first time. alot of answers please!?
my boyfriend does it now and then..im a little hesitant about trying it but we're taking a break now for like 2 weeks..and i feel like i REALLY need it. he just did it the other night and ugh......

What is mucus down below ?
??...

How can I tell if I have pleurisy?

Smoking lung problems?
is it possible for your lungs to lose elasticity?
like become hard and not be able to stretch and take in enough air?
i have problems filling my lungs, it feels like they cant take in full ...

Help My Voice,10 points?
hello people

my voice is coming to low and hard to be heared why is that?...

Asma like condition from mold?
what kind of mold or bacteria causes Asama like condition and whats the best cure also is their any reference to see how Asama operates on the ...

Whats the best antibiotic for the spring time cold?
i been sick for 4 days and ive been taking Nyquil, drinking soup daily, using vicks rub. is there any medicine or something that will help me get better sooner. i cant take it anymoreeeeee. the thing ...

koalacarla1234
How does a asthma attack happen?
reason im asking is im doing a play for school to raise awarness of childrens diseases and to educate people on how to handle them and my character has a asthma attack and i dont have asthma so i dont really know

can you guide me through the whole process

from the feeling of the pain and the general attack and and the recovery feeling thanx alot

Fse W
give medicine to your nurse. then, get another inhaler to keep at home. when you feel that you can't breath or your chest feels tight, take your inhaler right away. either at school or at home.

Mascara Tears...♥
hi i have severe asthma...

its where the tube which goes / comes out of the lungs gets clogged up with phlem ...

Causes are if breath in dust or sprary deodrant near me..
If this happens u feel very breathless this is when i know to take my inhaler because if i didnt then my breathing would get worse and i would get extremley breathless ( this is a asthma attack )

If any1 has a asthma attack they should take there inhaler 5 times ( 1 time every minute for 5 minutes ) BEFORE THEY CALL AN AMBULANCE. if the breathing doesnt improve this is the time when they should call an ambulance

:)

stevedepasto
In watching my son go through this and researching it as well, this is what I understand.

First, your chest becomes tight with your breathing becoming quite labored. Picture it as if you were laying on your stomach with the 400 lb man sitting on your back as described above. Now with that weight pushing you against the floor, attempt to breath. That's the attack, as if it were suffocation almost. This is caused by the throat passageway closing in on itself to leave only a minute opening for the passage of air.

When the appropriate inhaler medication it given, the throat passageways are forced to open. This sensation would be like having held your breath underwater to the point where you are very near passing out and then finally being allowed above water again to gulp your first breath of air. That's the attack passing sensation.

VerucaSalt
Rating
your lungs swell up and i kinda feels like a 400 lb man is sitting on your chest.

loz_catsrul
Rating
It's the small tubes in one's lungs closing up and basically trying to cut off airflow. It's treated with steroids which open up the passages.

crave knowledge
A lot of times, your neck and chin get itchy just before your chest is wheezy. It feels like you can't catch your breath. Your bronchials get so gunked up that it is really hard to exhale, so you can't get any fresh air inside your lungs. Breathing in or out feels itchy, tight, and labored.
Coughing doesn't help because your body continues to produce excess phlegm in your lungs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeehWsHKH4w&feature=related

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy