Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Soar Throat?
I am new to this. Need an opinion. I have a soar throat for about 2 to three months. I have chest pain and I constantly have problem breathing and my fatigue is totally gone. I get tired just by ...

If i was to quit smoking now..?
i've been smoking 10 a day for about 3 years. if i quit now and never smoke another cigarette again, in years to come will my lungs be as healthy as a non smokers?...

How does smoking affect the enviroment?
like ...

I was wondering why I felt this feeling of having trouble breathing...?
I was wondering what this feeling is called. This entire week I've been feeling like I can't breathe. I have to take huge gasps of air to breathe all the time. My chest also feels tight ...

Can you take two different antibiotics at the same time?
I have been taking amoxicillin 500 mg for several days. This morning I took two trying to avoid the doctors office. I went to the doctor today and was diagnosed with Bronchitis and was prescribed C...

I seem to have chronic bad breath - comes from my chest/stomach area i think-suggestions?

My son 7 complain of chest pain, is this possible?
could it be something serious or just heartburn..he said it in the middle of his chest....

I have white chunks at the back of my throat.?
My doctor told me I am prone to tonsillitis a few years ago, and they are always swollen. Lately there have been white chunks growing inside them. It's like hard, and smells absolutely terrible. ...

What is the health risk of mold from water leaks in a house?

What does passive smoking mean?
What does passive smoking mean?
Additional Details
Im getting different answers... which one is right?!?!...

Why does he kept on looking at my chest?

Is there any one who could tell me where in China a heat transplant is carried out?
i would aprreciate it , if you know an address of e-mail or website ....

Please help!! Sore throat :(?
I woke up this morning with an awful sore throat! :(
I have plans for the whole weekend & I don't want to be feeling like this! Does anyone know anything that will help me quickly?!

Gerd what can i do?

Does anyone use Nyquil Medicine to just sleep?
Does anyone know anyone who uses Nyquil Medicine to just sleep? And if they do, is it harmful? and also, if its ok to just use it to use it to sleep for just 5 hrs?...

Will moving to the seaside sort out my constant mucus hacking?
I don't smoke, eat healthily, not much dairy, exercise regularly, etc. But over the last few years I have to hack up mucus every few hours. The mornings are worst and I find my self wretching ...

A bit of red or blood phlegm in throat cough, itzit normal?
i been coughing very badly for the past few days.. itzit cancer??...

How does a asthma attack happen?
reason im asking is im doing a play for school to raise awarness of childrens diseases and to educate people on how to handle them and my character has a asthma attack and i dont have asthma so i ...

Anyone around who knows about asthma???
hi guys.....

doctors always prescribing me salbutomol inhalers were u have to press done to get the mist however when im in a coughing fit its quite hard to get relief.....has any asthma ...

How can we cure asthma? if it happens to kids. What is immediate releif for it is allopathay is best for it.?

Eunice Melinda Saunders
How do you turn the pressure down on a Sleep Apnea Machine?
I have Sleep Apnea and need to adjust the air pressure on the machine. I have lost my insurance and can not afford to have it professionally adjusted. If you know how please answer this question. Thanks!

bettyboopgirl
it depends on your machine, check the manual that it came with.
K

Jan C
Rating
This is set according the Doctor's instructions. Talk with him/her about it.

Big K
Rating
The pressure setting is determined by the sleep doctor that is optimal for the individual. If it is too high consult the people who sold it to you and they will likely suggest getting the doctor to retest you.

gmillioni
generally these units have a block built into them which can be by passed by a qualified therapist. however the pressure is part of a doctors prescription, so changing that is like needing a new prescription and a qualified person will only do it if a Rx exists. on the other hand there are some minor alterations the patient can make but each manufacterer and model even is a little different. i'd say just start pressing buttons, some one at a time, some two at a time, until you get messages that direct you to what you want to do. for the most part anything that is accessible by the patient is very limited so your not likely to cause yourself any dramatic problem. oh by the way some older style models have buttons in the back that can be changed but then you need to understand what you are changing when you mess with them.

bluenote
Rating
In my opinion, gmillioni has given you some bad advice and I would not follow it. The last thing you want to do is start pushing the buttons on your machine if you do not know what they are for or what it will do. The reason is because you do not know what the settings are that the doctor prescribed for you. That prescribed setting is the way your machine is set up right now. When you change those settings, you may not know how to get it back to the way it was before. There are also other settings that you may wind up changing and not even know it. For example, some machines can be changed for people who live in high altitudes. If you change this setting, the pressure on your machine can increase anywhere from 1 to 3 cmH20 and chances are, you wouldn't even know you changed this setting.

How do you know that the pressure on your machine should be lowered from it's current setting?

Rayne
Rating
There are 275,000 different kinds of machines... Ok, not really. But there are so many different kinds, you should include the make of machine. However, a lot of 'home machines' are locked in to a specific setting by the company and cannot be adjusted - without knowing how to unlock it.

And, why do you think the air pressure needs to be adjusted? Without a formal sleep study, it's almost impossible to know what pressure you need.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, September 22, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy