Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I can't stop him from snoring.?
he snores loud and long i need home remedies to stop his snoring. what can i do???
Additional Details
tried the breathe right strips and the nasal sprays also the elevated sleep ...

I've got hiccups... will you scare me so they go away?

How can I break up the mucus in my lungs besides showers and hot drinks and all my meds?
I tried pineapple juice.
Any really good hints that works?
It starts in sinuses and ends up in lungs.
Every month!
I do have asthma and am tired of going tot he doc and takings ...

Is my asthma really gone?
I went to my friends house almost everyday and all day and my asthma never start and even today and yesterday and the day before yesterday i went to my friend, Erin's house and she have a ...

Can someone help me with my biology hw? PLEASE!?
ok so heres the multiple choice question i've been on forever!! i looked over the section and glossory yet don't seem to find it...

Emphysema is a condition that results in the ...

Is an air embolism fatal?

How do i get rid of my sinus drainage?
i have had it since the summer in 2007 its soooooo annoying can somebody help me please
Additional Details
im 14 yrs old an i hate ...

I have a question about infants and smoking......?
I have a friend who has a 13 month old child. This child had to see an allergist because she is having so many upper respiratory issues. Well they asked the parents if either of them smoked. Her ...

Mrsa..................?
i have mrsa on my right wrist and it's not been really getting nay better. on saturday night/sunday morning i had to go to the hospital because i got really sick and i had all the symptoms of ...

Really gross smell?
For the last 6 -8 months i can smell a really bad smell whenever i tilt my head forward.
My GP has said that i have a build-up of mucus and to use nasal spray to clear it.
I'm now ...

Question about TB test?
I understand that the tuberculosis test is a test for TB antibodies, using a small amount of TB antigen. My question is, if you get too many TB tests, will your body eventually make antibodies for ...

Any 2 diseases caused by noise pollution,2 by air pollution and 2 by water pollution.?
answer with brief details about each disease
Additional Details
please expain about disease in 5 lines that can be understood by ...

GUEss WHAT?
i quit smoking! =)...

Is 53 beats a minute good for a pulse?

Bronchitis?
i cant stop coughing I tried cough syrups,cough drops tea with honey etc.Any suggestions until i see a doctor on monday. HELP...sleepless in oyster ...

How to stop panic attacks?

WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF Asthma????????

Additional Details
I think I might have asthma! Sometimes I can't breathe very well and my heart beats very fast and I cough alot when I am stressed or nervous. What do I do now????...

Wha is the secret of happy life?
can yoga and meditation helps to it?...

Do people really get sick from cold weather or is that just an old wives tale?
Just curious?...

Will my lungs repair themselves after quitting smoking and how long does it take?
I recently quit smoking and I'm very proud of myself because it was the hardest thing I have ever done. Now that I think I'm in the clear from going back to it, I'm wondering if my ...

Jan G
How do you build up your immune system after long term antibiotics?
I have been on different anitbiotics for over 4 months trying to get rid of broncitis, each time I finish a course of them I am feeling great but a week later it comes back.

blessed
As you probably know by now, antibiotics suppress your immune system, may remove some symptoms but does not address the real problem.

A strong immune system will prevent sickness and also help your recover quickly if you get ill.

Here are some suggestions in solving your problem.
1) Take some probiotics to build up the good bacteria in your intestines.

2) Eliminate all sugar and allergens from your diet.
Just a small amount of sugar has been proven to impair white blood cells up to 50% for very short periods of time. By discovering what our personal food allergies are, then eliminating or desensitizing them will help strengthen your immune system. By removing these triggers, our immune cells are strengthened in order to combat other invaders such as influenza rather than the allergen. The elimination of sugar from your diet can also strengthen immune system.

3) Strengthen your immune system with proper nutrition, eliminate toxins in your body (body cleanse), have moderate activity (exercise), get plenty of rest, and drink sufficient water.

Also, eat good nutritious foods like organic fruits and vegetables, chloretta, medicinal mushrooms like maitake, shiitake, reishi, or turkey tail.
Besides water, wheat grass juice, aloe vera juice, or green tea are good drinks.
Some herbs that are good include echinacea, goldenseal or garlic. A good source of antioxidants include Vitamin A, C, or E. The minerals zinc and selenium also help with strengthening your immune system.

Fire Side Water Side
The best thing to do is start eating foods to get the vitamins you need to help your immune system bounce back.

Vitamin C
Vitamin E
Carotenoids
Bioflavenoids
Zinc
Garlic
Selenium
Omega-3 fatty acids

RECIPE FOR IMMUNE-BOOSTING SMOOTHIE

2 cups milk or soy or rice beverage
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1 serving of a multinutrient supplement
one frozen banana, cut up
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup each of your favorite fruit, frozen (e.g., organic strawberries, papaya, mango)
1 tbsp. flax oil or 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal (Because fiber steadies the absorption of carbohydrates and therefore contributes to a steadier blood sugar we suggest using rich sources of fiber, such as flaxseed meal (i.e., ground flax seeds, containing both the oil and fiber), although flax oil has a more palatable consistency than flaxseed meal. For additional fiber, if you don't mind an even grainier texture, add 1 tbsp. or more of oat bran.)
3 ounces tofu
10 mg. zinc
100 mcg. selenium
50-100 IU vitamin E
1 serving soy isolate powder (optional)
2 tbsp. peanut butter (optional)

Laura J
Rating
Antibiotics kill your good flora and are immune suppressants.

You are infested with what is normally a friendly flora called Candida Albicans. It eats the most powerful antibiotics as nourishment.

You need glyconutrients as there is a triple blind placebo study showing how a specific brand of glyconutrients had a 98% kill of Candida.

You also need a broad spectrum flora to replace what is missing in your digestive track.

Also, you need antioxidants for cell repair and phytosterols to instigate your own bodies natural anti inflammatory to help open up you bronchi area and to help repair damaged cells.

The life of a red blood cell is four months, so its a commitment for cellular restoration.

That's what I did when I had chronic bronchitis, asthma, allergies, and post nasal drip.

hackwilson76
Rating
One extremely important thing is to build up some of the good bacteria in your intestines that the antibiotics have been killing off. Probiotics are available, which have the good bacteria essential for digestion and overall health. Garden of Life, Klaire Labs, and Kirkman (manufacturers) have really good products. You can usually find those at health food stores. These can be taken even when you're not on antibiotics for overall health.

CORNcerned in Ohio
Try eating yogurt and other natural pro-biotics that you can get from your health food store.

sweet pie
Antibiotics helped you recover but lowered your immune. What you have to do is to eat more healthy food with vitamins and high fibre. Build up your immune and get healthier. Good Luck!!

TzaGear
Not trying to diagnose you or anything but be warned. I spent 2 years on different antibiotics being diagnosed with everything from strep throat to bronchitis. When I moved and started at a new doctor in less than 2 weeks a severe mold allergy was discovered. The antibiotics were treating a symptom rather than the cause. A year later and I am still recovering from the antibiotics effects on my system.

As for what you can do towards recovering your natural bacteria. There is a great product PB-8 Probiotic. nutritionnow.com Found it after I had an tooth extracted and they handed me some antibiotic. Can be taken simultaneously and after to help repair the damage to your bodies natural bacteria.

Also, look into other families of antibiotics. After so much penicillin based I had to switch to sulfur based to get any effect. Hope this helps.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, December 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy