Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

PLEASE READ THIS........i need help!!!!?
about a week ago, i went to my cabin i inhaled "dust off" and now i think i'm delvoping asthma.
CAN THAT HAPPEN???
me and my friend shared a whole can, neither of us died or ...

Why do cigarettes make me feel sooo good?
I love
the taste
the feeling of the smoke going into my lungs
the nicotine buzz

I've been smoking for 15 years and would feel totally lost without my cigarettes.
<...

Should I listen to these pharmacists?? Or go to the hospital?
About an hour ago I accidently inhaled my spit, a little bit I think and I had a huge argument with my mom cause I wanted to go to the hospital to be safe but she kept saying if I can talk i am fine ...

If I only smoke for a few weeks, will the bad effects be reversed?
I'm 14, have never smoked in my life until this morning. If I only smoke 1 or 2 cigarrettes a day for only about 2 or 3 weeks, will there be any lasting bad effects? I got used to it almost ...

Is smoking good for my health? Also will it make me look big hard cool or clever?

How do i start smoking?

Is smoking bad for you?
a lot of peploe think that smoking is bad for you but my grandad stared smoking when he was ten and lived till he was 98 so it cant be that bad for you can ...

Ive been smoking for 15 years, is it to late to quit?
Are my lungs at the piont of no return?...

My husband snores badly really badly!?
Can anyone help me, my husband of only six months has a terrible habit of snoring, when I say snoring he sounds like Darth Vader with a severe cold...he doesn`t like me not sleeping in the same bed ...

Is smoking cigars worse for you than cigarettes?

Do I annoy people with my smoking (cigarettes) habit?

No one answered my question :[[[[[?
i've had it for more than a year now. and it's driving me nuts!
and it's getting worst. i haven't slept the whole night. i had chest congestion and it wouldn't stop. ...

What do you think are some PROS of smoking cigerettes,?
i have researched a lot on the internet and i keep getting the same link, so i was wondering, for all you smokers out there, or just for whoever wants to answer....
Why do u smoke?
what are ...

Child with asthma??
Has anyone out there got a child with asthma? My son has just turned 4 and is currently on prednisolone tablets and ventolin nebs. He is coughing constantly all day and night. Any tips on how to help ...

Does this sound like a chest infection...?
Would appreciate some serious medical opinions on this please! Since last Sunday, I have had pains in my chest (only on the left hand side directly in behind the breast) when I breathe in or out ...

For how long should I take antibiotics?
I took erythromycin for 10 days because I had a throat infection, I finished the treatment 3 days ago, now the doctor prescribed another antibiotic for five days... someone told me they will not work,...

How can i stop smoking? i smoke 80 a day and i no its not good for me?

What should i so? I really feel like I'm loosing my mind! PLEASE HELP!?
Hey, I recently have have been having shortness of breath, well I think its shortness of breath but not to sure, the problem is that this isent the first time iv had it, it seems to go away for a ...

Throat problem!! help plz!! (10 pnts.)?
ok, well, it doesnt really hurt that bad, but it feels really dry. it also feels a little constricted. what can i do to help this. i tried gargling with salt water but it didnt really help. like i ...

I want to START smoking cigarettes?
Im 21 and i tried the other day a cigarette. It felt really good, i enjoy it really much. I will start smoking tomorrow but i will not smoke more than 3 cigarettes at day, that way i will always feel ...

Susan R
How can you make your child stop smoking pot?

♥Haley♥
Rating
SMOKING IS DISGUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

我
Rating
You very bad mother!

-[]-[]-Brace Face-[]-[]-
Rating
smack em'

Rating
bring him up right...

bowling301301
Leave him alone and he will quit by him self...Thats the best way...any other way and he will end up doing it behind your back. Don't force him to be a quiter

johnnie g
get a grip maaaaaaan bet ur a wee nerd and i dont give a what if u give me thumbs down cos i am sayin how i feel!

u should give the weed a go lyk

aly70cat
Rating
Remind yourself that you are the parent and take control of your child!

Sturm und Drang
Enroll him/her in a drug treatment program. You may want to call your doctor for referral information and also check with your medical insurance to see if they would for pay for drug treatment.

♫=life.
Rating
You cant!!!

M G
Turn them in to local law enforcement. It's much more difficult to smoke behind bars.

channien
Rating
Obviously if they're smoking pot, then all their friends are doing it too, so encourage them to have different friends by signing them up for things in your neighborhood like karate or art or anything like that, you get the point. This will also help occupy their time, so they won't be thinking about pot.

Arizona Chick
Rating
Some states allow you to turn your childrern in with potor other drugs in there systems. If you find it in your house call the cops right away and let them take him/her to jail on the drug charges. Some times it will be just probation on drug charges and the charges go away later on in life and you can also let your child know that its not good to have these charges if they want to go to college and get a great life started. I would do the same thing to my kids cause just talking to kids about this is not as scary as going to juvinal hall for a few days and having to go on probation after. My dad is a manager for a Jv. Hall in California and I have seen how that place works and trust me its not a place to be at all. Your childs schooling wont be affected in there at all he/she will get an education but it will scare them so much its not funny. So start by drug testing your child at random for drugs tests. I sure as heck will and then have your child if old enough to sign papers saying if drugs are found in his or her body that you can call the cops and have drug charges done on your child. I would hope that your child would never touch them again and then if that happens I would do something great with the child for doing what he or she said they would. You need to reward your child for the good things that happen through the random tests that you do if they are negative.Be a great parent and be harsh on a subject like this I know I will when my kids get older. Remember if you do this your not being mean or a bad parent your doing all you can to make sure your child is safe and healthy.

tacomadc
Rating
Of course the average teenager is very good at listening to everything their parents say and then following it to the letter (lol!) But seriously, this is a big problem and I feel for you. My older brother was the black sheep of the family, dropped out of school, did drugs and was basically irresponsible. Of course later he went to the military, and now is the most conservative of the whole family (of course his kids have to do everything perfect!)
A very good friend of mine in college got really heavily into pot, pretty much screwed up his studies completely, and later on died in a hiking accident while high. I always felt somewhat responsible, and still feel like I should have gone to his parents privately and told them what was happening to their son before it was too late. Don't know if it would have made any difference.
Best of luck. I think talk to your child and be honest with them. Even be honest if you smoked it yourself and the negative effects it had. They will at least know you care, and if they don't seem to listen now, it will stick in their head that you cared enough to talk to them. Try to constructively deal with the problem, but you have an absolute right to control what goes on in your house and to not have drugs under your roof. Best luck and God bless. David.
PS: Might be a crazy idea, but let him read this thread.

themeindzeye
Rating
You sit down and talk to them about it. Give them a 'homework' assignment. Have them read some articles (like, Medical Journals, not just random propaganda you found online) that outline the ACTUAL health-risks associated with smoking. Look it up together and discuss it. Find out why they started smoking in the first place. Do NOT yell. That will do the opposite. And sometimes you've gotta realize that no matter what you do, and how hard you try, your kid is gonna do things you don't like, and you can't lock them in a cage. Good luck.

Lupin the 3rd
I agree with up2now. And I am having a hard time trying to quite. I haven't smoked in two months and it gets harder every day. And I didn't just smoke pot cigarettes too. Who ever said pot isn't addictive was SO WRONG. And what is so wrong with smoking pot? it only messes you up for a little while, and all i wanna do when i'm high is to sit, eat, and play video games.its a hell of alot better than drinking thats for sure. But if you really want him to quite its kindof depends on how old he is. My dad signed me up for a tour of a maximum security prison for scared straight treatment, If nothing else works or helps put him through that, scared the piss out of me and I was 17.

dreamgirl
I don't believe that is possible as smoking pot is a personal choice and your child will smoke it anytime you are not looking if your child wants it. Smoking pot is "escaping" so I'd wonder what it is they are "escaping" from. Maybe they need extra special attention from you.

Jim J
Rating
you really can't.
seriously.

cgriffin1972
Rating
Smoke with them and it wont be cool anymore

c.kanellos@btinternet.com
I don't believe you can, he or she will have to do the "course" and see for themselves that it just a phase and move on, it took me 20 years to "move on".

fatamorgana1989
Rating
make em' eat it and he'll get sick of it. Maybe a taste aversion? It worked for my friend!

Wordsmith
You didn't advise the age of the 'child' or whether this an occasional event or a 'habit'. The truth is that you can not 'make' your child do anything. I suspect the child is teenage or thereabout, and as others have stated the cure is open communication, trust and the ability to allow the child to make his own decisions and mistakes. As a parent it is imperative that the child be given room to grow, make mistakes and re-evaluate. Your job is to support, advise, and love your offspring.

If you had established open communication over the years you probably wouldn't be asking this question. You have work to do. If the communication (and I mean a real two-way conversation) is established the job and the understanding is already there.

ozina2
Rating
if you find any on their person or in their possesion then call the cops. Tough love sometimes is the best policy. While a little experimentation is normal, and can help a teen figure things out for themselves, it doesn't mean you need to condone drug use, and you don't want experimentation to turn to an addiction. In the case of my brother, when experimentation turned into a downward spiral, all my parents could do was kick him out and let him hit rock bottom, once you hit bottom there is no where to go but up, and it made him a stronger individual for all the learning he did on his own. you can only learn from your own mistakes, generally, not from some one elses. hopefully your child won't hit rock bottom though and is just a teenager testing out their boundries, and trying to figure life out.

Chloe
I really hate to say this, but maybe kick his/her ***. All the talk in the world doesn't change some things - this is one. The tough love approach of taking everything away is a definite option. If you kid smokes once a month, on the weekends, I wouldn't stress on it too much. If it is a daily thing, interferes with school and home, then you need to really do something while he/she is a minor. I was a pot smoker in the 70's but I was over 18. Like drinking, when they are considered an adult and are responsible for their own bills, car insurance, etc - then you have no say as long as they are not under your roof. Parents are afraid of their kids these days. If my husband had kicked my son's *** when he needed it for somethings, he probably wouldn't be in jail today. You kids don't need you to be their friend, they need you to their parent and set boundaries that you believe in and not just put up a good front of.

calle trece
talk to him about it and let him do it. he'll get tired of it. i did.

sweetangel41086
Try and talk with him or her and see why they do it and how you can help. Maybe it's just the group of people they're hanging out with. If it gets really bad I would suggest sending them to a rehab center or something like that.

notyou311
You can ground him for a long period of time. You can take him to a rehab center so he can see what will happen to him. You can send him to a tough summer camp like Outward Bound or Boot Camp. You can get him involved in sports, church and volunteer work.

wish I were
Rating
You can't. I'd rather have them smoke pot than drink!

suzanne g
Good d___ luck. The kid isn't going to stop, but will get better at hiding it.

gemlike flame
Spend more time with him or her, including finding something fun to do on the weekend.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy