Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Aside from smoking,what habit do u hate?

How do you prevent getting colds and coughs?

Homework help ! right answer eartn 10 pts !?
Sysmptoms of arrhythmia are

a - vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness

b - fatigue. dizziness, lightheadness, faiting

c - palpitation, accelerated, puse, vomiting

d ...

Please don't die?

Smoke Smell In Car?
I smoked in my car earlier this morning and I just found out that I have to take my mom somewhere tomorrow. What can I do to prevent her from finding out that I was smoking in my car? Will the smell ...

How do I deal with sinus headaches?
Lately, I would wake up with sinus headaches and pressure around the eyes and cheeks in the morning. Then sometimes I'll sneeze a lot lately and get a funny feeling in my throat and I'll ...

Help! My famiy has a cold or flu (IDK), and I can't catch it or else I'll have to go to the hospital. How do
you keep from catching someone elses cold?

I have asthma and everytime i catch a cold/flu, i end up staying in the hospital for 3-4 days.......

I have a soar throat?
I have had it for one week now...when should I seek medical help, if at all? I can't stop coughing all night, I wake up coughing at 3am and at 7am coughing and spluttering, when I finally manage ...

Smoking marijuana?
hey, about 2 weeks ago I have smoked as I do everyday and about 30 minutes later I had this terrible pain in my chest. I cudn't breath and it started to get worse. so i got outside to get some ...

People smoke next door and it's affecting my breathing?
i live in an apartment complex that isn't non-smoking, but the person next door, i can smell the smoke in my kitchen, and this crap is bothering my breathing to the point where its affecting my ...

Snorers, how do you put up with them?
I mean, how do you sleep or cope with them at night with those who sleep in the same room as you, snoring really badly..!!...

14 hour car ride with to smokers!!?!?!?
i have major athsma and allergic to ...

Cough question?
Okay so about a week ago I had the flu. runny nose, core thorat, the works. So now my nose is still stuffy and I seem to only cough like crazy at night. During th day i dont cough nearly as much but ...

Why won't this cough go away?
had a cough for a while now and starting to get worried about it symptoms are i'm coughing up greeny/white phlegm in the morning,but during the day i am fine no coughing then at night it seems ...

I have chronic asthma. My co-worker loves to wear perfume & scented lotions. How do I ask her to stop?
She knows this agravates my asthma & seems concerned when I have my attacks (which are getting progressively worse) but doesn't understand perfumed air fresheners are the same as perfumes. H...

What r some ways to stop smoking?

Waking up with dry/sore throat and stuffy nose?
so it really only seems to happen during the winter or cooler months.

but every morning i wake up with this dryish-sore throat, and my nose is stuffy, and it feels like i have something ...

How do i stop my partner from snoring?

Why cant you smoke in a hospital?
can you not smoke in a hospital because youll blow something up or just because they say you cant for the other patients?
Additional Details

I'm having an asthma attack and all I need is an albuteral inhaler and I'll be fine but no stores are open...
Is it overly dramatic to go to the ER?...

fish.kills
How can i get rid of hicups?
i tried everything(drinking water, holding my breath and"scaring them away")

hans
hold your breath for thirty seconds...after every ten seconds swallow but keep holding your breath at the same time

or

swallow water with your head tilted back and hold your nose

capone
plug your ears , take a deep breath then take 8 to 10 sips of water and then slowly let your breath out , my 6th grade science teacher taught me that and it has NEVER failed not even in severe cases.

Sarah S
this is totally freaky, and im not sure why, but it works, my aunt that knows everything told me. all you have to ld is put 1tbs of white sugar in your mouth, and swallow it as it disolves. i get hiccups a lot and it has always worked for me... or you can try my friends way, which is holding your breathe and thinking of purple elephants (???)

shel17
Rating
hold your breath for 60 seconds if you do it right it will work i promise

September 08 Bride
Rating
don't think about
drink water with your ears plugged
drink water upside down
eat a pinch of sugar
hold your breath
breath into a brown paper bag

KT Kilburn
Rating
They probably won't ever go away. You'll probably die with the hiccups.

Wildcat73
Rating
try swallowing a mouthful of air a few times when you are expecting a hiccup. if that doesnt work, try drinking water while holding your ears and nose closed (yes, this is awkward, you may need help from someone else to do this)

JK345
Rating
Put your hands on you head with your elbows parallel to the ground.

katelynn♥
take a shot of lemon juice, let a teaspoon of sugar dissolve in your moth, or drink some water upside down or breathe really quickly into a brown bag. good luck!

eragon12
Rating
try drinking water and don't talk for about 5 to 10 mins

almacenada
Rating
don't think of it
pretty much ignore it

♡ »-(¯`v´¯)-» ♡
Rating
they will evenutally go away

Jay T
Drinking water usually works for me. My science teacher also said taking deep, steady breaths works. Exercise like running will get rid of them too. Eating certain foods is supposed to work.
check this out for tips!

http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/health/how-to-get-rid-of-hiccups

matador89
fish.kills,
If you manage to read down to this answer - No.43, you will discover that this solution works.
1.Breathe fully in, hold your breath. Swallow (saliva)
2.Without releasing your breath, repeat the first instruction.
3.Without releasing your breath, repeat the first instruction.
4. Try to hold your breath for five seconds more.
5.Slowly release your breath.

Hope this helps
matador 89

gavmel259
Rating
Get someone to stand behind you and put their fingers on the pressure points behind your ears.

As they apply a little pressure, You drink a glass of water.

Rabbit
Whenever I have hiccups, I usually do a twist on the people trying to scare me and make me jump - I scare them and make them jump. Their reaction is usually so funny and the laughing makes the hiccups go away, it works everytime for me

Chelly S
swallow and hold ur breath while you count to ten, usually works 4 me! good luck ^_^

ERigby
You have to slow your breathing down - breathe in for a full 10 seconds and release for a full 10 seconds. If you hiccup anytime during then you have to start over. If you get through the 20 seconds they should be gone!
(something about the diaphram)

Mr. Bones
Rating
BOOO!
Did that work?

Black GT
Rating
Take a big breath and hold it for 10 seconds. it works for me

putnam414
Get a glass of water take slow sipps & hold your breath, sip until you can no longer do it. Works for me

Jamie S
Rating
well,
1) you can hold your breath for 30 seconds
2) drink water
3) have someone scare you
4) breathe deeply for about 10 to 20 seconds.
Hiccups occur when your brain doesnt get enough air just like when you yawn.
Good luck :)

Future Mrs. David Cook <3
you hold your breath and count to 10, then swallow,......is hard to swollow because yur holding your breath but swollow the your air, and they should go away!

ilikefoodalotmorethanyou
Rating
make your self burp

Dan K the gold meadalist!
as wierd as it sounds, hold ur breath and drink water upside down. sounds dumb but it works 4 me every time

yonatnatlily
drink water upside down or drink water right when you feel a hicup

m-smooth
drink water upside down

=]
hehe i have them now... try swallowing water while your upside down...well atleast your head has to be..=]

emmy
Hiccups are involuntary spasms of the diaphragm often accompanied by the familiar “hic� sound. Occasionally they manifest as louder and more embarrassing “huuuugggghhhh�s. Why do we hiccup? It’s a mystery.Repeated swallowing works for mild cases. Do this by holding your breath and repeatedly swallowing as fast as you can, or by slowly drinking down a beverage with as many swallows as is possible. It’s important that you hold your breath for as many gulps as you can. Placing a napkin over a glass of water canl help moderate your speed.
Plug your nose and ears then swallow 20 times as fast as possible.
If you notice a friend has a case of hiccups, it is believed that your can ’scare’ them away. Sneak up on them and give ‘em a good jolt (Be careful though ;)). What? They don’t have hiccups? Do it anyway!
Relax, sit still and breathe in deep, slow, rhythmic breaths expanding and contracting your lungs completely.
Distract yourself. Sing a song, go over your 7 times tables (7 x 1 = 7, 7 x 2 = 14, etc) until the hiccups are gone, Exhale completely and hold your breath for as long as possible.
Squawk like a chicken while flapping your arms and bobbing your head as if you were pecking at something. Bugawk!
Laugh. Think of something funny, or do something funny - see above.
Eat a tablespoon of peanut butter.
Stand on your head and drink small gulps of water from a sports bottle.
Exaggerate your hiccups by inhaling right as you hiccup - this will result in a long and loud “huuuaaagggghhh� that’ll either be funny or embarrassing depending on your environment, but after 2-4 of these the hiccups should be gone.
Take a shot of lemon juice.
Let a teaspoon of sugar dissolve under your tongue.
Think of the ugliest person you’ve ever seen. Now picture them naked, rolling naked down a hill or riding a bike and slathered in A-1 steak sauce.
Eat some pickles.
Think the alphabet backwards as fast as you can.
Close your eyes, relax, still your mind and concentrate on nothingness until they’re gone.

minus-eiley
eat a spoonful of peanut butter.
that may sound weird, but i swear it works.

unless you're allergic to peanut butter,
then you'll probably die

goodluck :D

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy