Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Why cigarretes are addictive?
The stimulanting effects of nicotine:...

Whats the best way to start smoking?

Anyone else dreading the smoking ban?
especially in london the weather is so crap and going outside for a ciggie means drowning in the rain!...

I dont know what to do.....plz help?
im sorry i keep asking similar questions but i told my mum i couldnt breath properly and she said she wont take me to the doctors because she says its nothin
i cant breath properly and i ...

Is there anything to make you feel better when you are sick and have alot of flem in your throat?
any tea or drink or anything?...

What colour is blood when it is not exposed to air????
we have one person who thinks it is red when not exposed to oxygen and another who thinks it is clear what is it?...

My brother did this?
my brother marked me 7 times with a PERMENT black marker
now i feel weak and i fanited 2 times wats wrong with ...

Quiting smoking pot???? 2?
i just asked a ? about my lungs itching... i smoked pot everyday for 5 years and never had no lung pains but i quit like 3 weeks ago and now my lung itch and i was just taking a shawer and i hacked ...

PLEASE READ THIS........i need help!!!!?
about a week ago, i went to my cabin i inhaled "dust off" and now i think i'm delvoping asthma.
CAN THAT HAPPEN???
me and my friend shared a whole can, neither of us died or ...

Why do cigarettes make me feel sooo good?
I love
the taste
the feeling of the smoke going into my lungs
the nicotine buzz

I've been smoking for 15 years and would feel totally lost without my cigarettes.
<...

Should I listen to these pharmacists?? Or go to the hospital?
About an hour ago I accidently inhaled my spit, a little bit I think and I had a huge argument with my mom cause I wanted to go to the hospital to be safe but she kept saying if I can talk i am fine ...

If I only smoke for a few weeks, will the bad effects be reversed?
I'm 14, have never smoked in my life until this morning. If I only smoke 1 or 2 cigarrettes a day for only about 2 or 3 weeks, will there be any lasting bad effects? I got used to it almost ...

Is smoking good for my health? Also will it make me look big hard cool or clever?

How do i start smoking?

Is smoking bad for you?
a lot of peploe think that smoking is bad for you but my grandad stared smoking when he was ten and lived till he was 98 so it cant be that bad for you can ...

Ive been smoking for 15 years, is it to late to quit?
Are my lungs at the piont of no return?...

My husband snores badly really badly!?
Can anyone help me, my husband of only six months has a terrible habit of snoring, when I say snoring he sounds like Darth Vader with a severe cold...he doesn`t like me not sleeping in the same bed ...

Is smoking cigars worse for you than cigarettes?

Do I annoy people with my smoking (cigarettes) habit?

No one answered my question :[[[[[?
i've had it for more than a year now. and it's driving me nuts!
and it's getting worst. i haven't slept the whole night. i had chest congestion and it wouldn't stop. ...

.:.:.Mizz_undaStood....
Help! i'm super sick!?
i have a Horrible cough, its full of flem. chest pains, with presure. i have a bad sore throat. my voice is super scratchy, and almost a whisper. i have a stuffy nose. and swollen glands right under my jaw bone. most of the time i cant swallow anything. even water is hard. but i have no fever.

have you ever had this? if so what did the docter call it? should i go to the doc? what are some possible illnesses this could be?

Thank You!

creme8888
if you dont go to the doc straight away you will die

Tadams
Rating
Sounds like MONO. Go kiss somebody you dont like.

gary h
What are the odds - on Super Bowl Sunday?

crustyburglar
Rating
you have a nasty dose of whats called a "common cold". nothing serious.
Just rest for a few days take paracetamol to help with fever and cough syrup to ease coughing. Inhale a decongestant such as Olbas oil and go to bed.
In a a few days you will feel a lot better.

Plesse read the labels of any medication you take. r better still consult your local health professional.

I anm not responsible for any problems that may be caused by my answer.

Hope that helps

"SWEETHEART"
Rating
Hun! listen you may be one that cant afford a Dr. visit.... that I can understand....so I,am gonna give you a little help...first with your chest part...take a pillow case and put some rice in it...not allot...maybe 4 cups full of uncooked rice...put it in the mic for about 30sec or until hot enough for you...take and lay down and put a towel on your chest and put the rice pack on it..trust me it works my kids love it...it will pull all that mucus out.....second if you can try some mucinics I think that's how you spell it Hun ask your pharmacist he can help.. third try some hot water with honey for your throat...fourth...put a big pot of water on the stove and put some Vick's in it if you don't have that peppermint extract works great too..keep it boiling so you get the humidity in the air helping you to breath....if it is step though you need to go Dr. Hun it is very bad and every one around you will catch it ...hope that helps Hun and best of luck to you....God Bless and let me know how that works OK Hun........feel better....and last but not least get lots of rest.....

merlinswrench
Rating
you have the flu , go rest and drink lots of fluids , you make also have a chest infection get rest . and if not better soon see your doctor

Karunya
Rating
May it is just a viral infection. Gargling with warm salty water or mouthwash can reduce the pain and inconvenience. You can find some good home remedies at http://ailments.in/sorethroat.html

icunurse85
Rating
Sometimes people get deathly ill and have no fever at all. This means that their immune system is not working hard enough to "burn" out the infection. You need to see the doctor ASAP because it could be something called Epiglotitis which is a swelling in your epiglotis (not being able to swallow) and it can be VERY dangerous.

I am the Walrus
i have that right now its going around my school and my whole family has it too. but none of us has a fever so ya. i went to the doctor and he said it was the flu with a touch of bronchitis but since everyone is different so i would see the doctor if i were u. hope i helped cuz i know yr miserable just like me!

Logan
You should really got to the doctor. It may be just a severe cold but maybe it's something worse. Better to be safe than sorry.

Angel_Blue
Rating
See a doctor

i,m here if you need to talk.
use bucklys and go to a walk in cinic.

Bug
i've had that and go to the doctor! they'll prescribe you some antibiotics that really help.

Blondie
not sure but it sounds like strep throat and pneumonia.. you need an antibiotic go to the Dr
pneumonia can kill so don't put it off go to the Dr

Patrick
Rating
Yes, you should go to the doctor immediately.

Here is a website that can help you learn more about some of your symptoms.

http://www.webmd.com/

Hope that you are feeling better soon.

Kayyyy&♥;
im sorry go to the doctor.

glamour04111
you sound like you have bronchitic. get you some NyQuil it will help with the coughing and drink plenty of liquids. get some cough drops or lozengers for your throat also

balletgirl
Rating
call a doc!!

christine
You may have the flu. You should see a doctor as soon as possible, because if it is the flu, they can give you an anti-viral medication to shorten the duration. Good luck.

P W
Rating
If you are producing green color mucus, you have an infection and should be seen by a doctor.

Because of your cough, I would recommend you go to the doctor anyway.

I would expect you to be put on an antibiotic. You may need an inhaler and cough syrup - perhaps phenergan with codiene.

Good luck.

grimwullf2000
GO TO A DOC! These symptoms could indicate a number of illnesses. The ones that spring to mind first are: bronchitis, pneumonia, and TB (for which there have been active cases of reported in north CA.) The soreness in the throat is most likely a result of the horrible cough.

jamie5511
ok just go to the ER, if you dont have any $ dont worry, there are lots of people that go to the ER and cant pay, they cant turn you away, and if they give you a prescription for meds ask them for samples or a shot, something to get the illness in check
good luck

SwissAK
Rating
You are sick, please see a Doctor now. It sounds you might have a bad case of Bronchitis or worse, Pneumonia, it could also be the Flu.
Not every one has fever when sick, I don't, but I did have those symptoms before, several times and my diagnose, Pneumonia.

kallieray
Sounds like you diffently should go see your doctor, so he can determine in you can be put on anitboticks....Plus w/that cough...you might need some kind of medicine to help you get up the plhem in your chest, if you have congestion...Diffently see your Doc!!! Hope u get better soon!!

mlgable
If you are having difficulty swallowing plus the swollen glands etc then yes you need to go see a doc. Have someone drive you to urgernt care or ER and get checked out.

Gary D
Rating
See a doctor immediately. there's too many possibilities and some of them are very serious. Call a doctor or go to the emergency room today.

mkandfa4rever
i get that every year and I'm only 16 and i was diagnose with pneumonia i think u should must go to a doctor

Yafooey!
Your illness cannot be diagnosed on the internet. Nobody here knows what you might have been exposed to. Time to get it checked by the doctor.

nemofish
Rating
could be pneumonia.........or strep throat........see a doctor immediately !!!!!!!!!!!!

noteparece?
You could almost call me a doctor. Beleive me.
YO uhave a bacterial infection in the lungs and sinus.
You may need either oral antibiotics or actually being admitted to the hospital. There are a lot of bacterias and virus going around and people are gettingssick seriously this time of the year.

You need the antibiotics as I said, depending the type of bacteria is the type of antibiotic the doctor will prescribe you. There are antibiotic packs like Zythromax that cover a wide range of bacterial infections. But sometimes they dont do the job. YOu sound like you have at least bronchitis. You need a chest x-ray and then doctor will decide if admit you ina hospital for i.v. treatment or if pills will jus t do it.

You need to treat your body as if it had a bad cold. Only obviously bronchitis is much worse. When you spit phlegm, its because yoru body is trying to rid itself from the bacteriur a. the longer the bacteria in yr body the pleghm changes color. it can be yellow to green which warns you of bacteria present. it can be green thick purulent that is when you need a lot of attention, antibiotics and do wash your hands often.

You are luck y you are a normal person with just a bacterial lung and sinus infection.
That can be fixed.
wi
So get yourself to your doctor's office and tell him what i said. then mention that i know coz i have cystic fibrosis and have lived with learning a lot of respiratory complications.

you will survive so dont worry just get the meds
and drink lots of fluids, rest, and wash yr hands often.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy