Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I`m thinking of taking up smoking... I`m in my 40`s and never done it before..?
is it alright?...

I was forced into smoking 2 cigarettes, Will this have harmed me? If so, how can I undo the damage?

Why People Smoking?

What's a good cure for the hiccups?
I have had them for the past twenty minutes and nothing will get rid of them!...

What will the hospital do if you cough up blood?

Additional Details
lets just say that this was caused by something not because it just started automatically. i know why it is happening but i want to know what the hospital will do?...

Help! i'm super sick!?
i have a Horrible cough, its full of flem. chest pains, with presure. i have a bad sore throat. my voice is super scratchy, and almost a whisper. i have a stuffy nose. and swollen glands right under ...

How do you calm yourself during a panic attack?
I'm going through a really rough time in my life right now and often have moments where my heart races and my chest hurts like it's caving in. Does anyone have any coping methods to help me?...

How many of you smoke, stoped smoking or dont smoke?
i need at least 50 ...

What is the best way to rid of constipation ?

People smoke outside, outside my office door but all the smoke drifts in. I'm a non smoker. What can I do ??

Is marijuana bad for you in any way? Can it do anything harmful to you besides your lungs?

Additional Details
IM doing a research essay on effects of Marijuana....

What if a person with asthma were to smoke?
i used to hav asthma but havnt had symptoms for yrs, my mom says i outgrew it and was wondering what would happen if i started to smoke. ive heard lots of poeple say they hav asthma but still smoke......

Do I have a drink problem?
50 years old, male, 14 binge drinking sessions this year - cannot remember much. Have lost my driving licence for 3 years. Family think I have chronic problem - I think I can control it - I can go 2 ...

How can you make your child stop smoking pot?

Should I go to work today?
I've been out all week because I've had the most horrible, miserable cold. Well, today, I feel more or less okay - just snuffly with occasional coughing and sneezing. I could certainly ...

Poll about Smoking?
Are you a :
Smoker
Non Smoker
Quitter {how long?}
Your opinion on smoking in general?...

Why cigarretes are addictive?
The stimulanting effects of nicotine:...

Whats the best way to start smoking?

Anyone else dreading the smoking ban?
especially in london the weather is so crap and going outside for a ciggie means drowning in the rain!...

I dont know what to do.....plz help?
im sorry i keep asking similar questions but i told my mum i couldnt breath properly and she said she wont take me to the doctors because she says its nothin
i cant breath properly and i ...

deirdrefaith
Have you ever had a cough so bad that your stomach muscles were sore from coughing?
I do :-(
I wanna get better SOON
feel better than yesterday though
Additional Details
I quit smoking 3 days ago, and will NEVER do a puff again as loooooong as I LIVE!!!!!
well, I had 2 root canals within a month, caught a cold both times
am taking anti-biotics from the root canal [clindamycin] but wonder if I need amoxycylin. so will go to the doctor tomorrow asap

kong m
Rating
stop smoking.

Stingirl04
Rating
Yes! Ahh feel better soon, take some vitamin C.

natsuhiboshi9
Rating
uhm yes actually i was out of school for a week, but i got better with time

Koalabear
yes and the head. hold your but cheeks tight too.

jacquie
Rating
yes. Must b a bad one ... see your doctor. These coughs can get outta hand. If they get into your lunges they can turn into pneumonia, and cause all sorts of problems.

Polina S
yes. and i've also laughed so hard that my abs were sore for the rest of the day. hahaha. i love laughing.

EMINEM IS THE BEST
Rating
yes

kikidismom
You can talk to your dr. about a prescription cough medicine FOR NIGHT ONLY such as terpix hydrate which is basically codeine, alcohol and some other kind of medicine. It will bascially immobilze your diaphragm for a few hours at night so you can get some sleep but dear Lord, don't drive on that stuff!! I got it once when I got pneumonia in college and the pharmacy forgot to put the "don't drive" label on it. I took it, went to work and literally walked into a wall there by mistake. My boss ran out, told me I looked out of it and asked me what kind of medicine I was on. I showed him the bottle and he laughed, threw me in his car and drove me home to sleep it off.

James S
Before I was diagnosed with asthma definitively, I had a cough that made my chest and stomach hurt because it was so frequent and violent. It faded later on because my muscles were getting tired and I was heading towards respiratory failure (bad!). My doctor put me on Advair 100/50 to help me get through that period of time and then on Asthmanex, an inhaled steroid, until I switched doctors. It helped. I have asthma. However, I don't know specifically what happens when people try to quit smoking. So, I would say that your body might be upset that a drug (nicotine) it has become used to is no longer being ingested.

I recommend that you see your doctor. Your doctor will be able to sort this out. If you need some breathing medication to help you through the short term, your doctor will probably have physician samples to give you.

ambeemapoopoo
Rating
been there, done that. It is terrible!!!

Chrys
Rating
yes...my sister coughs so hard she throws her back out...you need some meds from the Dr...
if you cough that hard it's more than just a cold.

Amanda S
Rating
yes i have and it was from pnamonia but when i have an asthma attack i feel the same what.

texasgirl31616
Yes ,but get some cough drops

fishy
yes ive had that happen after laughing as well.sorry

K H
Yes, I have. It is a miserable feeling. Glad to hear you are feeling better today. Take some cough suppressant too.

CoMpOsUrE
Rating
YES! I hate having those and I hope you feel better soon!

alohawahini
yes...one time when i had bronchitis, i actually got a hernia from coughing so hard and frequently

conni
Rating
I had a cough so bad one time that not only did my stomach muscles hurt but I actually broke a rib. I sympathize with you--get better soon.

sofine <3
Rating
yes thats happened to me drink alot of water!!!! and try not to talk so loud!!

Lena Harlequin
Rating
Yeah I have. :( Its normal when you have a coughing cold. :)

emtd65
Rating
Bronchitis will do that, I have been there. If you have not seen your doctor please do ASAP.

texas rose
Yes, and dreaded coughing because of that and my head hurting too. Once was because of Walking Pneumonia, and once from Bronchitis. I hope you get better soon!

fishineasy
I sure have. Again and again. Are you taking anything for it. Try some over the counter cough medicine.

Hope you feel better soon. (Bet it's worse at night, I know mine was)

fishineasy

master x
no but i have coughed so hard that my head hurts

Angie
Yes.

I think that was the worst cold I ever had in my life.

I did laugh so hard once that it hurt so bad the next day.

The cough might be a medical condition, so consult your doctor. In any case, eat right and exercise. Also, try to get some clean air. It might be an irritation of the respiratory system due to pollutants in the air.

freaky_emogoth_grl
yes the soreness will wear off in a couple of days

Greywolf
Rating
Absolutely! My heart goes out to you!

Get better!

'Barn
Yes. I hope you feel better soon - if you haven't seen your doctor, you should.

OPTIMIST
Rating
well kiddo, the lungs are not anything to fool with; if you are coughing that bad you should probably see a physician. You might need an antibiotic, because you might have pneumonia or the like. On the holistic side, Zinc and Vitamin C are a good start; check in with a health food or vitamin store maybe for the future and to help you kick this, but only after you see your m.d.

Please, take good care of yourself, you are the only one we've got.

HummingbirdHI
Rating
When I get bronchitis. See if your doctor will prescribe you a cough medicine with codine in it. (will make you sleepy though) A home remedy to try is honey, lemon juice, and hot water.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy