Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What type of natural remedies can be used to break up congestion in the upper chest?
Have gotten over my cold but the constant rattling when I breathe just drives me nuts as I can't seem to get it to break loose. I don't smoke and am good health other wise. I don't ...

My chest is tight and I don't know what to do?
The D octor put me on antibiotics and pills that has guaifenesin in it.
neither has helped. I went to the ER and the Dr told me to use a nebulizer . that helps me to breath but I can't ...

I snore and it keeps my wife awake. Any Ideas?
I mean I know there are operations but is there anything else I can try?...

Is it possible?
is it possible to be nocturnal. I always sleep in the day and awake at night is it normal???...

Why does a sinus infection make you loose your appetite?
i have had very many sinus infections. when ever I get one, i always loose my appetite....

I have COPD. Is it possible to take steroids every day?
When I have an extremely bad, bad attack my doctor has put me on steroids. It does give you some relieve and time to rest.
NOW, I have become allergic to bug bites. Which means a hospital trip. ...

Is there any connection between shortness of breath, swollen ankles and pins and needles in right hand only.?

My son is sick...again!?
My 3 year old has a had a cough for a couple days, sounds like he needs to cough up stuff but cant get it up..I noticed today that his breathing has gotten bad, I'm not sure if he has broncitis ...

I want to know how to quit smoking...?

What is lung?
i need to know details about lungs besides its parts of respiratory system....

Is it ok to be sent home with a collapsed lung?
Yesterday i went to the er complaining of chest pains. They took an x-ray and came back and told me that 25% of my left lung is collapsed. I stayed there over night and they sent me home today. Is it ...

Anyone have a cure for fighting a cold virus??
I was at the Doctor`s tonight and l thought l was coming down with Bronchitis. but the Doctor said lt was just a common cold but l been coughing up some phlegm. this is what l normally get when l get ...

As my sis is suffereing frm severe Asthama.....guys can u share few medicines to make her feel better??

Please help me... please?
does anybody know whats a protime test? and the normal levels?...

Can anyone recommend a safe nasal spray for bad sinuses. I have been given sudfed by my doctor but this?
has had no affect. Cannot be given anitbiotics so looking for an alternative remedy ...

I have chest pain in the middle of my chest?
first off i am a 34 year old male....smoker...diagnosed last feruary with copd....(have been trying to quit smoking)....last saturday i started having pains in the center of my chest but more toward ...

I don't know what to do anymore. I know I will lose my girlfriend because I smoke. When I met her, she told
she told me she was not interested in dating a smoker, I told her then that I would quit, we have been together now for over 6 months (she has been patient) and I have tried and tried to stop smoking,...

Can laughing too hard be dangerous to your health?
I heard that it is healthy to laugh, but I sometimes laugh too hard. When someone tells me funny things, I sometimes feel out of breath after I laugh. If someone has a heart condition, I would ...

My child has been diagonase with pneumonia 3 times in 12 months could it be mistaken for something eles?

Should all patients with TB be tested for HIV, in India?

S S
During my sleep, I woke up and couldn't catch my breath, what could cause that?
It has happened a couple of times now over a couple of months.

Miss Jensen Ackles
Rating
its called sleep apnea n u need to go to a sleep clinic n get it treated cause if u caint catch ur reath it could kill u

Birdie
Since I was prego with my second son....11 years ago...i used to wake up in the night and felt like i was choking. I would eventually catch my breath. I was checked for sleep apnea but nothing was discovered. I think...now this is my personal theory.....that my throat closes or drys up, which causes me to choke. I also think it may be anxiety. It still happens once ina while....i am still alive.....see your doctor but dont worry too much.

tehabwa
Rating
Couldn't catch your breath?

Sleep apnea is when you stop breathing during sleep. But I THINK (read up to verify) you then start again right away.

If you mean you woke up panting, gasping, and kept panting and gasping for some time after waking, that sounds like asthma.

Do get yourself to a doctor, and explain exactly what you've been experiencing.

There are meds that you do every day to keep it from happening most of the time, and an emergency thing you can do if/when it does happen despite the other meds.

If you do nothing, it will happen more and more often, and be worse and worse over time.

With meds, you can manage it.

Not being able to breathe, as you no doubt realize, is no fun at all.

Until you can see a doc, do a web search of apnea, and one of asthma and read up on them.

Edited for afterthought: When you run, or otherwise exercise until you're out of breath, does it take forever to catch it? Longer than most people? Did that used to happen to you when you were a kid?

Asthma.

chad m
ASTHMA AND SLEEP APNEA

Muledancer
You should see a doctor about that ASAP.
While waiting for your appt, research 'obstructive sleep apnea' and 'asthma'

Either condition could cause that symptom

Happy New Dad
Rating
Asthma...you need to go get that checked, seriously.

Zinacef
It could possible be a symptom of sleep apnea. See your doctor about this who may consider sending you for a sleep apnea study.
http://www.sleepapnea.org/resources/brochure.html

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy