Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

If you smoke cigarettes...?
what brand do you smoke, adn is it menthol or regular flavor ?

I tell you, the prices have gone up on them and something was said about banning cigarettes... if that was so, there would be ...

Can women with asthma have safe pregnancies?

Why, oh why, oh why??
..have i been stricken today by this crippling attack of flautulence. So severe are the symptoms that i have contacted chef's arss,
Additional Details
I'm walking funny....

HELP! 12 week old puppy throwing up and lethargic?

Hi there, my 12 week old papillon puppy has thrown up twice today and will not eat a thing. She is lethargic and just wants to lay in her bed. I'm worried that she has had such a drastic ...

If SMOKING is the cause of so many deadly illnesses, WHY ARE THEY STILL SELLING THEM?
If it's proven that smoking causes millions of deadly illnesses, why are they still for sale?
Additional Details
I meant, why are they still legal? Why does the government allow for ...

Smokers get time off during the day to smoke,,do non smokers get any rights?

Sharp chest pains with deep breathing?
Lately I get random attacks of sharp pain to one side of my chest when taking a breath. The pain seems to stab me right as I get to the bottom of the breath so much that I can't take a full ...

What do non smokers think of smokers?
not that your opinion really ...

I have just come out of hospital after having my tonsils removed, so what is the best thing to do to recover?

Im having trouble breathing, what can i do??
so for the past 3 weeks, at least, i have been having ALOT of trouble breathing. it feels as if i am having a constant asthma attack. i can never get deep breaths, it is as if my lungs have a block ...

What is a humidifier used for?
I just brought one to see if I will feel better while I sleep b/c I like it cold in my room. I have the cool humidifier but I don't really know what it's actually used for...Help
A...

I've just got a rotten common cold. Has anybody got a cure?

Do you think the cough and green sputum i have is from smoking?
when i cough it's always thick and green. i am afraid it may be more than just a common cold'...

After effects on weed?
I have been feeling like crap for 3 weeks now. the feeling is that i feel like im in a dream and im not real. i look at all my close friends and they dont look the same... i feel like im never going ...

I am in my second day of qutting smoking what will i have achieved so far?
This is my 2nd day of not smoking, i have been using nicorette chewing gum it is brilliant it has really helped me.
I have had a few ocassions when i wanted to smoke but i didnt, i tried before ...

If you smoked and you had a baby.........?
i know that if yoiur a drug addict and you have a baby you pass the craving on...

is that the same woith normal smoking?...

Do mastrubation harms the body in any case?

I've tried everything to stop smoking - nothing seems to work...?
any suggestions?

thanks so much

Michel in Montreal Quebec C...

Feeling really sorry for myself?
I am on the internet in my jimjams and sneezing at 2 per minute...nose is running and also feel so blocked up and coughing like mad..I need some TLC..badly...all i have in the house is paracetomol.....

Can anyone have a bad reaction to the flu jab?

peace&lOve
Does marijuana hurt your lungs?

Tom
Rating
if you compare a joint to a cigarette, its going to probably do more damage (although not much from just one), however in the long run marijuana doesn't hurt you as much since you don't smoke it as often as you would cigarettes. Thats because cigs have filters, if you smoke without filters than it's about equal.

ROCKMUM
Rating
probably, please dont do it, your parents would b mad,

East-coast Girl
pretty much.

albinopolarbear
Rating
Marijuana itself does not hurt your lungs in any way. You don't have to smoke it if you use it and if you don't then it doesn't affect your lungs in any way. One could argue that it doesn't hurt your lungs if smoked either, just the act of smoking hurts your lungs and not the substance.

Bud's Girl
Rating
Yes, but I've heard that cigarette smoking is worse. I guess that would depend, though, on what the MJ's laced with.

angelzwings20032001
Yes!

dru
Rating
Marijuana itself doesn't hurt your lungs, but smoking it does . Inhaling any smoke will harm your lungs. However, if you use marijuana in other ways such as cooking or vaporizing, you can eliminate most of the risk of lung damage. Also, using a waterpipe(bong) is known to reduce harmful substances in the smoke. Cooking with marijuana requires extraction of the THC. Since THC is fat soluble, this is often done by breaking up the buds into small pieces and adding to boiling butter. Vaporization is another form of inhalation where the cannabis is heated to a point where the THC becomes a vapor, but is not hot enough to release the tar from the plant material.

All said and done, SMOKING marijuana is considered a health hazard because of the byproducts formed during combustion. From experience, I can assure you that if you continuously smoke marijuana, you will get sick more often and possibly attain chronic bronchitis. If you choose to use marijuana, it would be wise to pick an alternate method of ingesting the THC.

eviot44
Rating
yes and your brain too

REMON
yup

Laila
Possible that is if you smoke it.

BRAT
Rating
Yeah...it's worse for your lungs than regular cigarettes (I've heard). It also causes memory loss and apathy.

razor_cuts_4_me
Rating
Yes, it does (well, if you are smoking it). It especially hurts your lungs if you take a really deep hit or a harsh hit of really good stuff.

By the way, marijuana has never been liked to causing cancer or anything.

gjkishere
Rating
There's been very little in the way of reliable information about marijuana since the government made it illegal. The common assumption is that all smoke damages your lungs, but it is not the smoke so much as the mix of chemicals within it that affects your health. If you desire to use marijuana without worry of its affect on your lungs, i would suggest preparing it in brownies or any of a thousand other recipes and eating it.

Kerry
Smoking of any kind can harm the lungs. Smoke inhallation does not do a body good.

Bright
Not only your lungs but also your total health.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy