Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Hi, i am a recovering alcoholic on incapacity benefit and finding it a struggle, is there any other benefit?
that i would be entitled to, eg. DLA, thank you....

Need help quiting smoking, how did you overcome it?
I am 25yrs. old and have been smoking since 10. Last night landed me to the E.R, only to find myself in the second stage of COPD. It's very scary to find yourself gasping for breath and not ...

My childs cough is not getting better after a month?
My daughter who is 7 years old has a persistant cough.
We took her to the doctors within a few days. Doctor said everything seemed fine and to give her Tixilix childrens cough medicine at bed ...

What could be wrong with my boyfriend? I don't think it's strep or bronchitis?
He's had a sore throat since yesterday, and it was itchy on Tuesday. Later this afternoon he started losing his voice and coughing up some mucus, and when he coughs his chest hurts, and it ...

How can I cure my sinus infection?

I had the flu shot about 3 months ago...now I may have the flu.?
I am confused,upset, and sick..
I am awaiting the results of my blood work, but I have
severe headaches,
body aches,
chills, fever,
coughing,
stuffy nose,
fatigue,<...

If I have sleep apnea, is there anything I can do on my own to fix it?
I have a lot of the common symptoms of sleep apnea: I snore, I wake up tired, I'm tired and/or groggy all day, I could honestly sleep for 12 hours straight if the alarm didn't wake me up, ...

Do i have food in my lungs?
Symptoms:
Shortness of breath
Headache
feeling of coughing but i dont cough

What is wrong with me!?!?
Lately I'm been really sick. Before my graduation, before my exams, and now...

Here are my symptoms
-Hyperventilating
-Vomiting
-Weakness
-Sore Throat
-D...

My son is almost 2 months old and he has a cold can i put vicks vapor rub on his chest?

Breathing Problems can somebody can explain the solutions?
I have a lot of Breathing Problems . How to Increase my breath . pls provide me some of the ...

Am Asthmatic Or NOt?
I am having problems breathing but I am not wheezing.
What is wrong with me?...

What will happen if you take your inhaler to much!?

Ive just had a pneumonia jab why does my arm ache so much?

I have bronchitis and my doctor gave me an inhaler for asthma, should i still use it?
Should i use it regardless if i get shortness of breath?
Additional Details
i'm scared to use the inhaler......

Sudden allergy symptoms..started this afternoon almost immediately - persistent coughing...?
...runny nose, irritated throat, and some throat and chest congestion. Tonight, I continue to have the runny nose, headache, cough and am coughing up mucus. Any idea what this could be and why/how ...

I'm worried about my boyfriend?
For the past week, my boyfriends been complaining he doesn't feel well, he's 18 and really asthmatic so i suggested he went to the doctors, but being a lad he refused and said he'd be ...

Does anyone know if you have asthma, do you always get coughing and wheezing?
My doctor diagnosed me with allergy asthma a few years ago, but i never have a cough or shortness of breath..all i get is the chest tightness and difficulty breathing, is this normal and is that ...

Do cats cause Asthma?
I have a two year and people say I should not have a kitten in my apartment. Do cats really cause Asthma?...

Has anyone developed asthma as an adult? What can you tell me about this?
I was recently diagnosed with asthma, though, I had no symptoms until recently. (I am 25). Lately, I have begun waking up in the middle of the night with horrible wheezing. I suppose I could be ...

odie
Coughing up green mucus?
I was tested for the flu and they told me i have it.I've been coughing real bad but i could feel it in my lungs.Now i am coughing up green mucus at times.Is this normal with the flu?I'm on flu meds and congestion meds.Should i go and get antibiotics too>

mtchndjnmtch
Yes. Asap

sammy
Rating
im sick too. i was coughing up green mucus too. its normal. some people get chest colds. i did. i could feel it in my chest when i coughed, u should go get congestion medicine. it might help.

Josie826
Rating
Any mucous or phlegm that you cough up that is yellow, green or blood tinged is serious. It could mean that you have pneumonia. Go see the doctor!

A Landers
Rating
I have been told that this is a sign of infection. Check with you Dr

JADE WIND
Green phlegm usually means infection. Was your blood work done? Was your white count high? You may have an upper respiratory infection as well as the flu, which would require antibiotics. Ask for something for the cough, too. Tessalon Pearles work great every 4 hours.

Hope you feel better soon!

harleygirl
Rating
You could have a secondary bacterial infection, green=infection. You probably have a upper respiratory infection on top of the flu virus. You most likely need a z pack or levaquin(antibiotics) to prevent a bronchitis-inflammation in lungs from all the coughing or a pneumonia.

appleez
Rating
Sounds exactly like what I have been suffering with after I had the flu - BRONCHITIS. You can get bronchitis following a flu/common cold because your immune system is already weak.

Acute bronchitis is responsible for the hacking cough and phlegm production that sometimes accompany an upper respiratory infection. Acute bronchitis is generally caused by lung infections; approximately 90% of these infections are viral in origin, 10% bacterial. So anitbiotics won't help in most cases.

It's pure torture - I've been coughing almost nonstop for 5 days. Mine is viral so there's really nothing I can do but rest and drink hot liquid. The doctor gave me cough syrup to take at night (codeine and promethazine) to help me sleep.

CuTuPaNgElS
Rating
that is not normall.
I suggest going to the doctor.

shatteredglassfairy_16
I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago and when I went the doctor told me that I had a sinus infection as well. Go to your doctor as soon as possible to get treatment and get better. Trust me, you don't want to wait too long.

Lunachit
green mucus is really bad. it's doctor worthy

Bella
"A cough with phlegm is a common symptom of pneumonia. Bacterial pneumonia involves a cough that usually produces rust-colored or greenish mucus. Viral pneumonia often produces a dry cough at the beginning, which usually becomes worse and produces a small amount of mucus."

You need to see the doc again before it gets worse. Sorry, I hope you feel better soon.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, August 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy