Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Why would someone with a throat problem have ear pain?
What is causing this? and similarly, why would someone with a cold have decreased hearing?...

Can anyone help??
At school we're running a campaign against smoking. Can anyone suggest a name for our group?? ...

What would cause a small child to cough blood?
i'm writing a book and the main character is 8, and constantly has 'attacks' where she coughs blood nad has a pain in her side.
I don't know much about medical stuff, so i ...

Is it serious if you have shortness of breath with stomach acid/indigestion??

What is this lump in my right nostril?
Around two weeks ago I found a lump far up my right nostril. It is located in that area just as the wider part of the nostril tightens. The lump is not sore but hurts if I press it hard. I don't ...

Im not sick... right?
The last few days I've had a runny nose and have been sneezing not stop and I've woken up with a sore throte but the pain doesn't last long after i get up. except today its eighty ...

What does it mean when u cough up blood...?
i did it earlier and it was just 1 spontaneous cough. i feel fine other than that...

umm i dont know if this matters but i am...
a female
black
5'4 1/2
135-...

Been smoking for 36 years, tried Cold turkey,chant ix. Any answers for a longtime smoker?

Why is it that when I wake up I have a sore throat that dissapears after about an hour? Every morning?

Additional Details
Umm... Who said I wanted to loose weight at home? O_O...

I have quit smoking, how long will it take for my lungs to improve?
I smoked for about 6 years, averaging around 10-15 per day. Can anyone shed some light on the time line of my lungs improving? For the first few years I smoked 8mgs then changed to 4mgs.
A...

I breathed in chlorine tablet air help!! im 16
im 16 and we have a pool and our chlorine bucket is in our pool toy bucket and when i opened the lid to get a subskate fumes just shot up my nose and down my throat, it hurt really bad, and i have ...

Last night I had what I think was an asthma attack. Why did the doctor say it was not asthma?
I saw this doctor about 6 months ago with concerns that I may have asthma, but he used a peak flow meter and it was normal, and he said I did not have asthma. he did give me an albuterol inhaler. I ...

One little cigarette...?
This past year was, for me, a year of new experiences with entering college. My life has been a sheltered little hobbit hole...and most people can imagine just wanting to experiment. (what's ...

I quit smoking 2 weeks ago.......?
I've smoked for 5 years and two weeks ago I decided I have to quit. If I die on my family then there screwed, so basically I need to be healthy. How long will it take for my lungs to regenerate ...

Cipro has made me feel sicker!!! I was just diagnosed with a UTI and sinus infection and have been taking Cip
I have been taking the cipro (500 mg a day) for 3 1/2 days now and I have gotten sicker, now its all in my chest and stuff. Should I stop taking it??? Or take it for the full 7 days and see what ...

What happens during a asthma attack?

Coughing up blood?
Hi. I have a friend who has, on two occassions, coughed up blood. She is not bulemic or anorexic, and as far as she knows, is healthy. She has no other symptoms or pain, but this is the 2nd time that ...

I smoked weed and accidently swallowed/inhaled the ash...?
am i screwed? i have ocd and im just wondering. i think also swallowed the smoke too. please help....

How do i stop my husband from snoring?
help I havnt slept for months my husband snores and has tried to sleep on his side it doesnt work he tried sprays it doesnt work. help !!! I need new remedies....

Have you ever had a cough so bad that your stomach muscles were sore from coughing?
I do :-(
I wanna get better SOON
feel better than yesterday though
Additional Details
I quit smoking 3 days ago, and will NEVER do a puff again as loooooong as I LIVE!!!!!

hope g
Coughing blood, sore throat, head throbbing, nose bleed?
so last night i started to get sick & just assumed it was a cold/sore throat. i took nyquil before going to bed, & this morning after brushing my teeth, i coughed up blood. it was kind of a lot, but it ended up with less & less. my throat started to feel worse afterward, & my head was constantly throbbing. i took tylenol & then i took a shower, & the air was on in my house, so it wasn't hot at all around me. but then my nose started bleeding... i checked my body temp & it's around 99.7° so i don't know what's going on. i don't know if i should go to the doctor since the whole coughing up blood had stopped. help, please?

Yvette J
Are you sure you didn't brush to hard while brushing? It may the blood from your nose it is all connected. If it has stopped I don't believe you have to run to the you ER. Call your doc and explain the problem and make an app.

ejoninamar81
Rating
go to doc asap that is a sign of seriouse condition such as a lung infection. if u cant get into talk ur insurance company or doc office should have a nursing line where u can talk to a registered nurse

Mona N
well the ONLY things you can do is
see a doctor.
take advil nd mucus medicine
take a cough drop
blow ur nose
drink hot tea
eat soup
all the main stuff.
good luck(:

ME!!!!
I would still go to the doctor because even if the coughing up blood thing has stopped..there is still that possibilty that it wll happen again and coughing up blood isnt good.

I coughed up blood before and i went to the doctor and found out that i had acid reflux.

miss_gretchen21
Oh wow..honey...Feel better soon!

A number of conditions, diseases, and medical tests may make you cough up blood.

Diseases and conditions may include:

Blood clot in the lung
Bronchiectasis
Bronchitis
Cancer
Cystic fibrosis
Goodpasture's syndrome
Inflammation of the blood vessels in the lung (vasculitis)
Inhaling blood into the lungs (pulmonary aspiration)
Irritation of the throat from violent coughing
Nosebleed that drips blood down into the lungs
Laryngitis
Pneumonia
Pulmonary edema
Systemic lupus erythematosus
Tuberculosis

When to Contact a Medical Professional

If you have any unexplained coughing up of blood, call an ambulance or go to the nearest emergency department. This is very important if your cough produces large volumes of blood (more than a few teaspoons), or if you also have:

Dizziness
Light-headedness
Severe shortness of breath
What to Expect at Your Office Visit Return to top

In an emergency case, your doctor will give you treatments to control your condition. The doctor will then ask you questions about your cough such as:

Type
Are you coughing up large amounts of blood (massive hemoptysis)?
Can you see blood when you cough up something?
How many times have you coughed up blood?
Is there blood-streaked mucus (phlegm)?
Time pattern
Did it begin suddenly?
Has it increased recently?
How many weeks has the cough lasted?
Is the cough worse at night?
What other symptoms do you have?
The doctor will do a complete physical exam and check your chest and lungs. Tests that may be done include:

Bronchoscopy
Chest CT scan
Chest x-ray
Coagulation studies, such as PT or PTT
Complete blood count
Lung biopsy
Lung scan
Pulmonary arteriography
Sputum culture and smear

Liz C.
Coughing up blood is NOT good. GO TO THE HOSPITAL....NOW.

emilymichelle
Rating
i coughed up blood last time i was sick but it was nothing so don't freak out right away!!

you just need to rest, drink lots and lots a fluids and take some medicine and then see how you feel in the morning, if you cough up anymore blood go to the hopsital!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy