Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Y partner stops breathing during the night for over a minute sometimes,is this serious?

I cant sleep,iv got a reall bad chest infection and sinusitus?
iv been to drs and got amoxicilin but im stuffed up and in pain so iv come on here for a moan! how can you sleep when you can breath. the time is now 1.48 am aaarrrrrhggggghhhhhh!!!!...

I have a chest cold and CAN'T STOP COUGHING. What to do?
I am on an antibiotic, but my chest hurts & can't stop coughing & nothing comes up. I feel like crap & tomorrow is Thanksgiving. What can I take? and to help me sleep??...

I have coughing hard, anyone know what i should drink to make me better??

Continuous coughing the throat what is the caused?

Where can I get financial help and home healthcare for a dying U.S. Army Veteren?
He is sick and dying from IPF . Has no Job, money or healthcare. He lives with 84 yr. old Mother which can"t take care of Him....

How painful is a death by asthma?
How long does it take? What are the stages? For what parts of it is the victim aware and able to feel pain? Thank you.
Additional Details
I recently found out that someone I knew died ...

How do u stop smoking?

Ok plz help me about my lungs?
My grandmas was sick last week with a terrible cold and she Is not rely all the way better but she sounds alot better but then she Gave it to my dad and then i got it and It feals like sum 1 is ...

How Can I Prevent Snoring?

Why cant we work during the night and sleep during the day?

Can smoking 1 or 2 cigarettes a month hurt me?
I smoke very sparatically , usually 1-2 cigarettes a month. Can this turn my lungs black? Yes I know its bad for you but I was just wondering HOW bad if it's not done very often....

What is advair?
i have asthma and i can hardly breath at times.i get out of breath walking and sometimes talking could advair help and where can i get it iv never heard of it ...

How long is a TB test good for?

I have 2 kids with asthma sometimes got severe night coughing with no sings of respiratory distress what to do

What is the best cure or treatment for kidney infection?

Vaseline-any adverse reactions?

What happens if I inhale hair and it gets stuck in my lungs?

How to stop smoke?
vanka_chandra@yahoo....

Losing my voice. what can i do to keep it from getting worse and heal it?
well pretty self explanitory... what can i do to heal my larynx and have my voice come back...preferably in a short period of time......

Kova
Can you pull a muscle in your ribcage? Does this sound like a pulled muscle, rib fracture, or scarring?
I was sick with a headcold for two weeks that moved down to my chest. While getting over a severe, hacking cough, I woke up one morning with a painful area that hurts when I press on a certain rib near my sternum. It is about halfway up my ribcage and is bilateral, although, it hurt twice as much on my left as my right. It hurt to actually breathe and especially when I sneezed or coughing. It hurt to sit up and it was too painful to sleep on my stomach. I am also short of breath.
After three weeks, it is getting better but still hurts. I have been trying to expand my lungs and the only thing that is helping is swimming.
I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or knows what this sounds like? I don't know what it feels like to fracture a rib or have lung scarring. I thought if I pulled a muscle, it would have gone away by now.
Please help!!

IMSOVICIOUS
ur lungs just have been beating up all the muscles around them ur jus sore, it may take a while but it will stop hurting, if it was a pulled muscle u wouldnt be able to jog or swim

POPPY
Rating
YES you can pull rib cage muscles and yeah it could be fractured (been there), but if it is there really is nothing they do for that. I wouldn't wait too much longer though- anything concerning breathing, you really should be checked out. Good luck

amish-robot
Rating
I had a terrible cough for about 3 weeks. It turned out to be from acid reflux. Anyway, it was so bad I was blacking out. Then I got an awful pain in my ribcage. It turned out to be torn cartilage. Very painful. And it won't go away anytime soon--if that's what it is.

RG
Rating
Check with your doctor. There's a chance you might need an x-ray.

Katetrinity
Rating
Quick question for you! Why, if you are suffering this long,why not go to a doctor? When you are in that much pain it could be nothing or it could be a collapsed lung.
You realize a doctor could not diagnois you without a chest xray and you want us to?

You can take advise from this forum and you can take experience from it. BUT something this serious needs more than we are capable of doing for you. You have probably suffered in pain all this time for no reason at all. You go to the doctor today. Go to a walk in clinic if you have to. Get the damn thing looked at.
I am adding this to my watch list and see if I am right.............GO NOW!!!!

kathyisleno
Rating
You need to have a CXR to evaluate your lung fields (rule out pneumothorax, rib fractures, pneumonia, pleurisy, pleural effusions). You certainly have muscles between each rib -called the intercostal muscles-and you surely have strained them with all your coughing. If your CXR is negative, then have no fear it will just take time for the muscles to "heal"-remember a "sprained" ankle is often more painful than a "fractured" ankle and can take longer to heal. Swimming is often more comfortable with muscle injuries because your body is lighter in the water and this decreases strain on all your muscles. Best of luck

ValleyViolet
Rating
I had bronchitis and upper respiratory problems a couple of years ago. I coughed so hard that my nose started bleeding. The next day my chest hurt so bad, I thought I was having a heart attack. My doctor told me that I had damaged tissues in my rib cage from the coughing. He gave me vicodan to supress the coughing and control the pain. He told me that it takes a long time for injuries involving the ribcage to heal because they cannot be immobilized. You have my sympathy because I know THIS HURTS! Why don't you see your doctor?

Danyell
Rating
With all the coughing that you were doing, you probably put a strain on your accessory muscles that simply aren't use to all the strain. You should see a doctor if you cannot expand your lungs without having pain..because that could lead to complications. Expansion of the lungs is necessary to keep the lungs clear and healthy.

Kylie
Rating
I'd advise you to go get an x-ray. My friend had a bad cold, coughed too hard and felt a pain which sounds very similar to yours. When she finally went to the doctor, it turned out she had fractured two ribs!

Symptoms of a fractured or cracked rib are - it hurts to breath, cough or sneeze, can hurt to move your arm, difficult to find comfortable ways to sleep. Sound familiar?

meltdwn_21
possible explanations could be that your muscles have a lactic acid build up which causes alot of pain. It could also be that the intercostal musces which join your ribs may have separated from the rib, which is possible if the cough is severe enough.

PreviouslyChap
Rating
Sounds like pleurisy.
Go in and ask the doc for some steroids to help you breathe and relieve the pain.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy