Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What happens if my child does not finish her course of antibiotics?
Having got over ear infection in 1 day do i need to finish whole course of ...

Ive stopped smoking and feel real ill?
i stopped smoking a week ago and i feel teribble my throat hurts and is making my asthma bad ,i felt great before i stopped why is this happening to me?...

What will happen if you eat cigarettes?
we know that cigarette smoking is dangerous to our health, yes bec. of the smoke that can lead to lung cancer, but what if you eat it, (of course not to eat the filter), since the raw material is ...

Will Weed effect Asthma Or just do nothing?

How can i lose weight when i cant excersize due to lung problems?
i have emphysema and cant excersize but need to lose at least two ...

Any good home remidies or cures for snoring?
I have a bad snoring problem...its embarrasing and i am always sleepy during the day due to lack of sleep...any suggestions?...

Can you revive someone once rigor mortis has set it , soz sick but poss legal action so need help?
Got told by ambulance to perform cpr on a corpse, rogor very evident, and when I tried to question this got threatened with "so you are reusing to give life saving action " very distressing<...

I've got migraine again...help I'm at work. What should I do?
I haven't got any tablets at the moment. What can I do? I'm at work, can't go home.......

Why do you smoke.......?

Additional Details
why is it when we stop we wish we hadnt, but when we start again we wish we hadnt ......

Best cure for sore throat?
My throat started to hurt over a week ago,it got better and since last night its hurting more than ever :( anyone know how to ease the pain??...

I smoke and regularly get chest pains,?
am i going to die? HELP!!!!!!!!!!...

What are the effects of quiting smoking?
I am a smoker of 2 years and on the new year, i am going to quit. I need to know what are the effects of quiting smoking after that time, what will it do to my body, and how can i stop smoking for ...

My husband snores very loud at night and i cant sleep am thinking of divorcing him if theres no good remedies?

Can't Sleep!!! HELP!!
I've been having a problem for the LONGEST time now and i just cant get to sleep. During the day im so tired and all i want to do is sleep (but my parents wont let me). I say that i'll go ...

Sore throat?
okay so i went back to my doctor and he gave me amoxicilon ( cant spell sorry) and i took them and my throat was feeling better for like two or three days but now it hurts again what is wrong or wat ...

Help!I have a cough that won't go away.?
I've had this cough for over a month.I went to the doctor and took antiboidics but i still have the cough.Also lately I've been having stomache aches and headaches everyday.Can someone help ...

Are you more at risk from lung diseases if you have asthma and smoke?
i take a preventive everyday called flixotide
Additional Details
Flixotide is for asthma it is like ...

I'm having a hard time breathing...can you help?
i am only 15 and it feels like an elephant is sitting on my ...

Can I die if i leave my air conditioner on while i am sleeping?

Do you think that this terrible weather is due to the smoking ban?
Are the non smokers happy now that they have ruined our Easter holiday? I was going to take my mum out for the day and now she has to stay in thanks to them....

guyanazfinestboi
Can i smoke while talking antibiotics?

wawawebis
Rating
Why bother taking the antibotics if you don't care about your health in the long run? If you are going to pollute your lungs, you may as well get used to feeling like garbage all the time.
But yes, if you insist, you could smoke and the antibiotic will do its job anyway.

J to the Z
Rating
shouldn't smoke period

Teacher
Rating
Yes, you could smoke, but for the drug to work better cut out the smoking until the infection is clear.

Johnny B
Yes you can also,
Sniff paint, petrol, glue etc...
Take speed, and a whole host of other drugs.
I don't know why you're bothering to take antibiotics when its only a matter of time till you die from your smoking anyway.
Get real and quit while you're ahead!

Squire
Rating
ya why not? but i wouldn't cuz i would not want to die

jaws65
shouldnt you be asking a doctor that

Coco
Rating
Yea, its okay. But remember, smoking always delays the healing process of any kind. So you may want to give it a break till you get better.

thehazymoon
Yes just don't drink

KBS
Rating
technically there is no contraindication to smoking while on antibiotics.
but if u r taking antibiotics for a lung or throat condition, smoking may decrease the efficacy of the antibiotic as the injury will continue to ocurr in the affected part & so healing will be affected & ur antibiotic will not work

freedom
Yes, your just not supposed to drink, as it won't work the way it's supposed to.

Laura
Yeah you can, but why bother. Maybe if you weren't smoking you wouldn't be on antibiotics. I don't know exactly what your taking them for but if it's for something to do with the lungs then maybe you ought to think about quiting. Smoking can slow down the healing process. There is a new drug out there called Chantix that can help you quit. Just wanted to let you know about that just in case you decide you would like to think about quiting. You'll be much healthier.

columind99
Rating
Man these non-smokers are preachy aren't they?! Anyway, depends what you are taking them for, if it isn't respiratory issue I wouldn't worry about it.

Tyler
Rating
you shouldnt but it dosent say you cant

Ttrriissttiin
Technically probalary yes... But it would be advised not to specially if you are been treated for a lung or throat condition etc etc.

SARAH S
Depends on what you are smoking. If it is cigarette's then it would say on the prescription bottle, and if it is any other drug then you need to ask your Doctor.

Sutaato
Rating
It depends on your doctor's orders and the side effects of the anti-biotics. Like with some pills, you shouldn't eat grapefruit (go figure). You shouldn't smoke at all but I imagine it won't hurt you any more to do it on anti-biotics.

lukynluv
you can smoke unless you have pneumonia or respirtory problems don't because you never get better

boruma35
It won't affect the effectiveness of any oral antibiotics currently available in the U.S.

JERRABand
Rating
Yes, however the nicotine may interact with the drug, causing the antibiotic not to function normally.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy