Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Are paint fumes dangerous?
we had painters come todya to paint a room and I think today they just did a primer, but the fumes are very strong of course. so I was just wondering if it's dangerous ot inhale paint fumes? It&...

What is Emphysema? Professional advice please.?
I just found out my dad has Emphysema (he went into hospital after collapsing today). I'm not sure about this condition but I know it's to do with your lungs and he's smoked for many ...

I'm having trouble breathing for 2 months out of ideas?
I have asthma and been to the doc 2 times. Been on 2 antibotics and 2 different steroids. I have had a blood test and my white blood cells are normal and a chest x ray and it said I had bronitis. I ...

Can kids get asthma from wetting the bed?

Cystic Fibrosis question?
Our daughter is being tested for CF next week. She has some signs that she may have the disease, and I was hoping someone can tell me what they think.

Reasons we think she has the disease:...

When you smoke how do you make it smell like you havent been smoking?
my parents would freak if they ...

Got a pain on ma back just across ma chest especially when i breathe?
could it be eunomnia?...

COPD is so unpredictable?
does any one know what sats mean ,my dad has COPDand the dr said that his sats were 83 i know that this isnt very good could anyone explain what this means ...

My son has just inhaled 8 units of Salbutamol 2000 cyclocaps, is that overdose?
is it dangerous? what do we do?
Additional Details
I phoned already!!! but while I wait for the night doctor to call back I wanted to hear from people who might know.

How ...

Nicorette patches?have they worked 4u? phlem how long does it last?

How can a person with chemical sensitivities remain useful to the household?
Not trying to sound harsh; it just feels this way, useless. Whenever a certain family uses chemicals to clean (and it is necessary far too often) the woman and a younger family member both "...

Horrible nose congestion - what can I do?
I have a horrible congestion that switches from left side to right side of my nose. I know this sounds nasty, but it's not one of those "watery" congestions. It's just really ...

It is Hard to breathe!?
i woke up and got out of bed and then i went to sit at my computer and it got harder to breathe. last night before i went to sleep it was hard to breathe also.

i i was sick last SAT with ...

Affects of secondhand smoking?
Breathing in smoke
Additional Details
how it affects kids....

Problem with a nosebleed?
It's not a constant flow, it's not much of a flow at all. But everytime I sneeze (which is a lot since I have a cold) blood just flys out onto my tissue. When I'm not sneezing nothing ...

I've breathed fumes from muriatic acid mixed with bleach and my chest feels like it is on fire...what do to?
trying to unclog my plumbing, poured muriatic acid down bathtub and toilet and sinks...then tried bleach...that's when the fumes started, i was in the closed bathroom for appx 5-10 minutes, 24 ...

How can i stop coughing???
i went ot the dr today and he said it was just a random virus or whatever, and not like pnuemonia or anything, and he gave me prescription cough syrup that has codeine in it and i think some other ...

I quit smoking ciggs. 3 weeks ago (backslid 4 times) I want a smoke!?
What can I do instead?...

What's the difference between Flu and a cold?

Quiting Smoking Pot?
I quit smoking pot like 3 weeks ago and i been feeling like my lungs itch any idea why this is going on?
Additional Details
I smoked for 5 years and now i have a baby so i gave up all my ...

hapi
Can i get ssi if i have copd and asthma?

sugars_that_heal
Rating
Would you want to know how to improve on your condition naturally?

nswblue
NOT necessary - you need to ask your doctor if he considers you disabled because of these - if he says yes - then you have a chance to get SSI!@

sammy
That depends on how advanced your condition is at the time you apply. Are you on oxygen for your condition? Do you have Shortness of breath and have a hard time doing simple activites? There is alot to consider when you apply for this. Ask your doctor the respiratory doctors are usually very good about helping their patients out on things like this.

bill j
Rating
I have COPD and I'm on SS Disability , yes you can ,apply for it get a Doctors diagnoses , they will give you a pulmonary function test and go from there . apply for it as soon as you cane because it takes the better part of 6 mos. to get thru their paper work , you know our gov. at work ...good luck

purrdykitten2003
Rating
aply for ssi n ssdi u may qualify for both..its gonna take awhile n u may not get it the first time u try...if u dont then get a lawyer to help u the second time unless u know how to do the process yourself.i didnt qualify for ssi i qualified for my own ssdi.u get more money from ssdi cause its the money uve paid into ss all ur working life n u get a certain credit that will qualify for it.u automatically qualify for medicaid but in 1 year u also get medicare benefits..good luck

Apostle
I am trying now.
I believe so, you just got to fir within the guidelines, and I am not sure what they are.
I went to the doctors because my emphysema keeps me from working.
I hope I can have disability

Frank P
Rating
My father has COPD. He gets it.

Fallen_Angel
Rating
It would depend on the severity of your particular disease.
I have advanced Emphysema, with the added Alpha1Antitripsin Definciency and I thought it would take Social Security FOREVER to approve me.
First, you will need to have all of your claim backed up medically.
The more doctors & tests, the better.
Check with whatever Legal Aide Society you have in your area for legal representation & advocacy.
Above all, if your claim is legitimate, do not quit! Social Security pays back to original application date!

Doc8
Rating
That would depend on your pulmonary function studies.

CJBig
Rating
Don't ride the system...just go to work! I am tired of supporting people who find a way to be "disabled".

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy