Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How can I cure my sore throat?
My throat really stings, I also have a runny nose and that frozen pain inside my nose. It's really annoying.. and also, I have 'stuff' building up in the back of my nose. You KNOW ...

A work colleague is smoking in the office and as of the smoking ban he is doing it more?
my boss is letting is slide, is there a number i can call to report it, it is effecting the clean working ...

Which Smoke is the thickest? Ciggerettes, Marijuana or a cigar?

I suffer from what can only be described as breathless episodes, what are they?
I can feel well in advance when i am going to suffer from one of these episodes, the symptoms include:
*Tightness in my chest/occasional chest pain
*Faintness/Lightheadedness
*O...

How do i no i am addicted to smoking?
i have started smoking but i dont no if i am addicted
i have been smoking for 2 weeks none spot
thanks for your ...

Is smoking ciggaretes worse for you then marijuana?

Tips to overcome blocked nose?

Coughing blood for 4 days. 9-10 times day. Some blood with phlem, some phlem with blood. Lung cancer??
Light smoker, heavy drinker, 38 years old, over weight. Seems to come and go with high stress periods. Any clues. Put off seeing consultant, now wish I had. Really worried. Waiting 'til Monday ...

Can you die from too much drinking and smoking?

Additional Details
I Dont drink or smoke, And im not planning to.Trust me, Its just my mom. :(...

How is everyone in the UK getting on with the smoking ban ?
like it or hate it
Additional Details
any one given them ...

Oh my god help!!!?
this might sound like such a stupid question!!! but i was stupid enough to inhale a friends cigar smoke which i thought id try, i know your not supposed to breathe it in deeply and i did!! it felt ...

Im sick!!! Really sick!!! ?
i have a cold and my throat hurts bad.. im 17 i hate doctors... i think im dying!!! what do i do??? I feel really bad and im hungover!!...

How can you stop snoring?

I found a cigar IN ITS CASE on the ground the other day and smoked it.?
IS this bad?...

Do you smoke?

Is smoking pot just as bad as smoking cigarettes?
Let's say you smoke a bowl of pot, how many cigarettes would that be? I'm wondering if pot can give you lung cancer and has the same tar smoke going into your lungs are cigarettes or cigars....

What is your opinion on smoking and why?

I have been awae for at least 72 hours and i cant get to sleep and advice?
any help is appreciated
Additional Details
awake sorry ...

Would you smoke?

Does sleeping tablets cause snoring?
if yes, pls answer why it causes snoring?...

gc456742
Can being exposed to toxic fumes from cleaning supplies cause illness?
On Sunday, while visiting my mother at a nursing home, I was exposed to toxic fumes when the maintainace man came in and started cleaning the toilet while I was in the bathroom cleaning my mother's teeth. The fumes were so strong I had to leave, but not before filling my lungs. Since then I have been sick, my lungs burn, I'm coughing, and yesterday morning my temperature reached 101.4. Is this just a coincidence or is there a conection?

valentines snowman
2points

The Munkey Hatchet Man
no

dc_snow_rules
yes i'd go to a doctor and tell him what the chemical was and find out wats wrong

fayra_elm
Rating
I get severe migraines from chemicals, so, yes, I do feel that there can be a connection. It can make you cough and make your lungs feel tight and burning. As far as the temperature, I think that it is more likely that your immune system was down because of feeling off from the chemicals and it let an illness get through. I'm not positive on this, but that is what my experience is telling me. Hope you feel better.
F

Kitty
Rating
I'm not sure if thats why you are sick but it is possible. My mother used to get really sick from the fumes of certian cleaning products. I would suggest going to see your doctor about it?

Hugs and Kisses
There probably is a connection. Considering you wasn't sick until after. Sometimes if you breath in to much of a toxin it can make you very sick. I know from experience. If you don't start felling better soon I would go to the doctor. Good Luck.

double_klicks
Sounds more like a virus... Temp. is indicator that your body is fighting an infection

sissyd
See a doctor. I have a friend who was exposed to fumes at work when she inhaled fumes from floor cleaning solution. She died and was resuscitated five time before she was stabilized. She has had problems ever since.

jonnyraven
It is unlikely the fever has anything to do with the exposure but your other symptoms might be

LITTLECOVE
Rating
I would definitely go get checked out. Fumes can cause illness, especially in the upper respiratory system! Go to the doctor!

PaPaFreak
Rating
Don't panic by reading some of the previous answers....some of them are absolutely baseless.

Yes, it is possible to have lung damage from mixing certain cleaning chemicals, but guaranteed, the guy using the chemicals would be way worse off than you are right now. He was right in the "line of fire", so to speak. If the chemicals were really toxic, he would have bailed long before you got hit with them, right?

Inhalation of certain mixed chemical, such as ammonia, and acid based compounds can indeed cause "burning" and irritation of the lung tissue. However, the severity of a chemical pneumonitis will be dependent on how long your exposure was. Seeing that your symptoms started after the exposure, there's a definite likelyhood they are connected. However, if you left quickly, the chances of any long term problems is limited. Not to say that everythings fine in your lungs, but it's rare to have chemical burns from bathroom cleaning supplies that cause long term problems. The defense mechanism for "toxic inhalations" is to 1) hold your breath and not continue breathing the stuff, and 2) get the heck out of the area. I presume you did both.

As most people have said, your wisest choice is to see a doctor and get a chest X-ray to see if you have developed a pnuemonia. Although it's a lower probability than "pneumonitis", or inflammation, it's a possibility.

My two cents worth...from years and years as a respiratory therapist

oldtimer
There is definitely a connection and your symptoms leaves me to believe you better see a doctor as soon as possible.

luminosa
Rating
You can develop chemical pneumonia by mixing certain cleaning supplies together, for example bleach and ammonia. With the symptoms you describe it would be a good idea to be checked over by your Dr. This may be just a coincidence and may not be chemical related. But, there is definitely something wrong and you need medical attention.

cantthinkofauseridsohereitis
Rating
i would go back to the nursing home, find out what chemical it was, take the lable and call poison control! NOW!!

drinnt
Rating
Chances are you burned your tonsils and singed your lungs a bit...now they are inflammed and possibly infected. A fever is a sure sign of infection. Get yourself to a medical professional for some tests and antibiotics before you get pnemonia.

jjayferg
Of course.Why do you think they call them toxic????

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy