Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Homework help ! right answer eartn 10 pts !?
Sysmptoms of arrhythmia are

a - vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness

b - fatigue. dizziness, lightheadness, faiting

c - palpitation, accelerated, puse, vomiting

d ...

Please don't die?

Smoke Smell In Car?
I smoked in my car earlier this morning and I just found out that I have to take my mom somewhere tomorrow. What can I do to prevent her from finding out that I was smoking in my car? Will the smell ...

How do I deal with sinus headaches?
Lately, I would wake up with sinus headaches and pressure around the eyes and cheeks in the morning. Then sometimes I'll sneeze a lot lately and get a funny feeling in my throat and I'll ...

Help! My famiy has a cold or flu (IDK), and I can't catch it or else I'll have to go to the hospital. How do
you keep from catching someone elses cold?

I have asthma and everytime i catch a cold/flu, i end up staying in the hospital for 3-4 days.......

I have a soar throat?
I have had it for one week now...when should I seek medical help, if at all? I can't stop coughing all night, I wake up coughing at 3am and at 7am coughing and spluttering, when I finally manage ...

Smoking marijuana?
hey, about 2 weeks ago I have smoked as I do everyday and about 30 minutes later I had this terrible pain in my chest. I cudn't breath and it started to get worse. so i got outside to get some ...

People smoke next door and it's affecting my breathing?
i live in an apartment complex that isn't non-smoking, but the person next door, i can smell the smoke in my kitchen, and this crap is bothering my breathing to the point where its affecting my ...

Snorers, how do you put up with them?
I mean, how do you sleep or cope with them at night with those who sleep in the same room as you, snoring really badly..!!...

14 hour car ride with to smokers!!?!?!?
i have major athsma and allergic to ...

Cough question?
Okay so about a week ago I had the flu. runny nose, core thorat, the works. So now my nose is still stuffy and I seem to only cough like crazy at night. During th day i dont cough nearly as much but ...

Why won't this cough go away?
had a cough for a while now and starting to get worried about it symptoms are i'm coughing up greeny/white phlegm in the morning,but during the day i am fine no coughing then at night it seems ...

I have chronic asthma. My co-worker loves to wear perfume & scented lotions. How do I ask her to stop?
She knows this agravates my asthma & seems concerned when I have my attacks (which are getting progressively worse) but doesn't understand perfumed air fresheners are the same as perfumes. H...

What r some ways to stop smoking?

Waking up with dry/sore throat and stuffy nose?
so it really only seems to happen during the winter or cooler months.

but every morning i wake up with this dryish-sore throat, and my nose is stuffy, and it feels like i have something ...

How do i stop my partner from snoring?

Why cant you smoke in a hospital?
can you not smoke in a hospital because youll blow something up or just because they say you cant for the other patients?
Additional Details

I'm having an asthma attack and all I need is an albuteral inhaler and I'll be fine but no stores are open...
Is it overly dramatic to go to the ER?...

Waht is a TB test?
i had a shot in school today. and it is still red. will it be still red for a while?...

Why do symptoms of the common cold seem to get worse at night?

Additional Details
This question may go to vote because i have a lot of very good
answers....

.DulceMaria.
Bernie Mac just died of Pneumonia. What is that?
Whats Pneumonia?

chris
a sickness

mmgeek_101
do you know na-mo-n-ya
thats how you pernounce it

Zoe Rose
Rating
it's where your lungs get too much moisture or something. second hand smoke can cause it. both my brothers had it, not me yet. you sometimes need an inhaler, one of my brothers needed a huge one, and the other didn't need one at all

stickers
a very serious disese that is in your loungs!!!!

Doctor Cupid
pneumonia is a sickness when you get sick from germs that are in the air, or you got from someone who has pneumonia germs!! Your chest is congested and you have allergies and you longs get congested with the germ that you got from someone, it is treatable(sometimes) if you take an antibiotic, but you can get it so bad, an antibiotic won't help it!! It can also be caused from drugs or smoking or breathing unclean air

Just me!!!
Rating
Those peole are basically always sedentary and they die of mucus that accumulates in their lungs...old people tend to die of this...

I feel bad that brother died! I loved him!

Nicky
Rating
Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs but, he also had a history of sarcoidosis (auto-immune disease), which probably was a factor in his death as well (which his management denies). It was supposedly in remission since 2005.

heather.tabag
Yeah, it is an infection in your lungs. It causes fluid build up. It can happen at any age...

J'adore
Rating
he also had another disease that was in remission

Deulan
Rating
I believe it mentioned how badly infected his lungs were and that a few years ago he was really sick which later on flared up causing him to have worser symptoms and leading to his untimely death.
RIP Bernie Mac. :(

M I D N I G H T C H I L D
Pneumonia is an inflammatory illness of the lung.[1] Frequently, it is described as lung parenchyma/alveolar inflammation and abnormal alveolar filling with fluid. The alveoli are microscopic air-filled sacs in the lungs responsible for absorbing oxygen from the atmosphere. Pneumonia can result from a variety of causes, including infection with bacteria, viruses, fungi, or parasites, and chemical or physical injury to the lungs. Its cause may also be officially described as idiopathic—that is, unknown—when infectious causes have been excluded.

i copid this from wikipedia.com

i was 5 or 6 when i got this, at then i didnt know i could die, i just found out i almost died =O

John H
have people forgotten how to use google?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumonia

perfectlove09
Pneumonia is an inflammation of the lungs that is caused by bacteria or a virus. It usually follows a cold or the flu.

davelennv
Rating
Pneumonia is when the lungs fill with fluid. Basically you drown in your own fluid.

question dude
Pneumonia is an inflammatory illness of the lung. Pneumonia can result from a variety of causes, including infection with bacteria, viruses, fungi, or parasites, and chemical or physical injury to the lungs.
Typical symptoms associated with pneumonia include cough, chest pain, fever, and difficulty in breathing. Diagnostic tools include x-rays and examination of the sputum. Treatment depends on the cause of pneumonia; bacterial pneumonia is treated with antibiotics.

Pneumonia is a common illness which occurs in all age groups, and is a leading cause of death among the elderly and people who are chronically and terminally ill. Vaccines to prevent certain types of pneumonia are available. The prognosis depends on the type of pneumonia, the appropriate treatment, any complications, and the person's underlying health.

Jerry
Rating
its when you get something in your lungs and they get infected mostly fluid.....i had it four times not very nice to have

VeeBee
Rating
Bernie Mac had pulmonary sarcoidosis which severely restricted his lung function. Pneumonia is an infection of one or both lungs which is usually caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi, not a "build up of fluid around the lungs" that is something else. He did not "drown" as stated in an answer, but died from respiratory failure. When the lungs can no longer supply enough oxygen or eliminate enough carbon dioxide for the body to function.

barbara
Rating
Literally "a condition of the lungs". It has multiple etiologies but the most common scenario is bacterial or viral infection.

coloring outside the lines
Rating
Simply put it usually starts with a bad cold that gets worse. It affects your lungs and sometimes your ability to catch your breath and stop coughing.
When you have pneumonia you are usually hospitalized because of the danger. Sometimes it does not show up on a chest xray and people are sent home. That is when it gets dangerous.
So sad. He was very young and talented.

answerguru
Rating
Fluid collecting in the lungs. Bernie Mac also had a long standing chronic lung disorder that complicated the pneumonia.
Edit: mmgeek_101 it's not na mo n ya it's nu mon ya and it's pronounce not pernounce. Also for all those who said it's a bad cold, it's not a bad cold either.... not even close.

Sophie Joy.
Rating
When you have water in your lungs.

It inflames the lungs.

moody.chick
Rating
This is what pneumonia is:

but I believe he didn't actually die of pneumonia, but a complication resulting from it...can anyone clarify that

Justin C.
Please tell me you're joking...

Pneumonia is an inflammatory illness of the lung. Frequently, it is described as lung parenchyma/alveolar inflammation and abnormal alveolar filling with fluid. (The alveoli are microscopic air-filled sacs in the lungs responsible for absorbing oxygen from the atmosphere.

gt500e1988
Rating
its a respiratory disease here's a link with some info on it

Phil

S P
fluid in the lungs. But he also had Sarcoidosis which is also a lung disease.

haleyfunky2
it is when you have excess fluid around the lungs

Jesse S
A build up of fluid in the lungs . .essentially he drowned.

crosstwntraffic
Rating
An infection in the lungs. Causes the lungs to fill with fluid.

Alex
Rating
Fluid in the lungs.

I had it when I was 15, I'm one of the lucky ones.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 23, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy