Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Horrible nose congestion - what can I do?
I have a horrible congestion that switches from left side to right side of my nose. I know this sounds nasty, but it's not one of those "watery" congestions. It's just really ...

It is Hard to breathe!?
i woke up and got out of bed and then i went to sit at my computer and it got harder to breathe. last night before i went to sleep it was hard to breathe also.

i i was sick last SAT with ...

Affects of secondhand smoking?
Breathing in smoke
Additional Details
how it affects kids....

Problem with a nosebleed?
It's not a constant flow, it's not much of a flow at all. But everytime I sneeze (which is a lot since I have a cold) blood just flys out onto my tissue. When I'm not sneezing nothing ...

I've breathed fumes from muriatic acid mixed with bleach and my chest feels like it is on fire...what do to?
trying to unclog my plumbing, poured muriatic acid down bathtub and toilet and sinks...then tried bleach...that's when the fumes started, i was in the closed bathroom for appx 5-10 minutes, 24 ...

How can i stop coughing???
i went ot the dr today and he said it was just a random virus or whatever, and not like pnuemonia or anything, and he gave me prescription cough syrup that has codeine in it and i think some other ...

I quit smoking ciggs. 3 weeks ago (backslid 4 times) I want a smoke!?
What can I do instead?...

What's the difference between Flu and a cold?

Quiting Smoking Pot?
I quit smoking pot like 3 weeks ago and i been feeling like my lungs itch any idea why this is going on?
Additional Details
I smoked for 5 years and now i have a baby so i gave up all my ...

I have bronchitis and I feel miserable!!!?
I went to the doctor today and was told I have bronchitis AND sinusitis. I still feel miserable since I just began taking my meds today.I missed work Yesterday and today and have followed proper call ...

I think my boyfriend has a chest infection. however......?
he hasn't got a doctors appointment till wednesday! what can i do to ease it and make him feel better? apart from the obvious cough medicines and that....

Dizziness getting out of bed?
i started getting dizziness sunday when i got out of bed..went to the doctors yesterday.he checked me out..said it was a common problem but no treatments can be done.i'm 64yrs old...my question ...

What is my husband's illness, and how do I treat my it?
for the past week, my husband has been complaining that he didn't feel good, and kept saying it was in his chest. He has had a very minor cough with it as well. This morning while brushing his ...

Is second hand smoke worst than smoking?
because your still ...

What are some foods that prevent coughing?
I have been sick, and I absolutely CANNOT stop coughing or get rid of my sore throat. Medicine is a pain to deal with and barely ever works. If it does, it is only for a short while. Are there any ...

Strep Question?
I was exposed to a child who had been treated for strep but had only been on meds for a little under 24 hours.

I was very careful around the child, disinfected EVERYTHING, washed my hands ...

Still Have Breathlessness & Coughing?
For Three Weeks I have been getting alot of breathlessness and Pluss I had the flu four weeks ago, coughing constantly have been to seemy doctor and out of hours service several times who are ...

Does anyone have advice to ease Bronchitis (coughing)?

What is clymiedia?
EFFECTS...

How do i know if i have pneumonia?
what are the signs, I am having a hard time breathing and i try to cough cuz i can feel something in my chest. but when i do it just hurts real bad on my right lung. I feel so short of breath. What ...

heartfashion
Are paint fumes dangerous?
we had painters come todya to paint a room and I think today they just did a primer, but the fumes are very strong of course. so I was just wondering if it's dangerous ot inhale paint fumes? It's definitely uncomfortable breathing!
Additional Details
to the rude remark -well you're just more proof that there are a lot of low class people in the world.
it's not a dumb question, its actually a good question. The people painting the room did not tell us we need to get out of our house or anything, they just said it would smell. so thats why I asked, because this is what yahoo answers is for. I wondered if I was in danger but thought well they didn't tell us to go stay somewhere else, but wanted to ask for other people's opinions. To those of you who answered and left tips, thank you so much.

kjrjekjrje
Rating
i know you have your windows opened. I would try to find somewhere else to stay while the painting is going on and after also till the fumes dissipate. and if you have children, get them out of the house. its very dangerous to be inhaling paint fumes.

AY LAb Erin
yes it is very dangerous..

What happens to the brain with over-exposure to paint fumes is the destruction of brain cells and disruption in normal brain activity. When toxic paint fumes are inhaled (be aware that paint can soak into the skin and cause the same problems as inhaling the vapors), these toxins target fatty tissues such as the myelin sheath of the brain. Over time, this protective covering of the brain becomes removed, reducing brain cells and damaging axons. Presently, the process of demyelination is irreversible and decreases nervous system activity effecting neurological and behavioral functions. Abnormalities in brain areas are apparent such as, if there is damage to the cerebellum, involved movement can be affected, or if the cerebral cortex is damaged, cognitive dysfunctions can occur. Also, brain-imaging techniques, such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), can detect lesions or size reduction in areas of the brain including the cerebral cortex, cerebellum, and brainstem.

Some common signs and symptoms of over-exposure to paint fumes is dizziness, headaches, frequent runny nose or eyes. In severe cases, you may experience difficulty breathing, tremors or shaky hands, irritability, memory loss, or slurred speech. If you experience any of these symptoms after exposure to paint fumes, consult your physician immediately.

Wordless
Rating
Paint fumes are very dangerous. You should open all the windows for several days after they finish to allow fresh air in and the fumes out.

*Rachy*
yea they are.
if you breathe in to much of it you'll get a high.

Sarah H
Rating
yes if you inhale a lot of the fumes

dogg
yes it is

Professor evo.
yes, my friend and i were painting a fence, we both got massive headaches from the fumes- Industrial paint can fumes can be fatal.

Charlotte's Dad
Rating
In answer to your question,it depends on the type of paint used.If water based paint is used it is not such a problem but if you are using solvent based paints then there can be side effects such as nausia etc.I don't think there are long term effects unless you are using 2 pak paints which can contain some rather nasty chemicals,isocyanates and the like.Like most things commonsense is needed,eg plenty of ventilation and there shouldn't be too many problems.Hope that answers your question for you.

bill l
Rating
not really dangerous . not great for you but not dangerous. the oil based paint is now rarely used. you should just close the doors to that room open the windows in that room and set some fans up to run all night in there.

ivan dog
Rating
oil based paint is not good to breath fumes , not used much indoors anymore though
latex or water based paints arent too harmful unless you have respiratory problems
open some windows and it should clear up pretty fast

B.

Emma M
Rating
yes it can be. You can get paints that do not contain fumes but most still do! Open windows and also would suggest pour in to lots of bowls malt (brown) vinegar in absorbs the smell of fumes and neturalises the air just a tip

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy