Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Is marijuana bad for you in any way? Can it do anything harmful to you besides your lungs?

Additional Details
IM doing a research essay on effects of Marijuana....

What if a person with asthma were to smoke?
i used to hav asthma but havnt had symptoms for yrs, my mom says i outgrew it and was wondering what would happen if i started to smoke. ive heard lots of poeple say they hav asthma but still smoke......

Do I have a drink problem?
50 years old, male, 14 binge drinking sessions this year - cannot remember much. Have lost my driving licence for 3 years. Family think I have chronic problem - I think I can control it - I can go 2 ...

How can you make your child stop smoking pot?

Should I go to work today?
I've been out all week because I've had the most horrible, miserable cold. Well, today, I feel more or less okay - just snuffly with occasional coughing and sneezing. I could certainly ...

Poll about Smoking?
Are you a :
Smoker
Non Smoker
Quitter {how long?}
Your opinion on smoking in general?...

Why cigarretes are addictive?
The stimulanting effects of nicotine:...

Whats the best way to start smoking?

Anyone else dreading the smoking ban?
especially in london the weather is so crap and going outside for a ciggie means drowning in the rain!...

I dont know what to do.....plz help?
im sorry i keep asking similar questions but i told my mum i couldnt breath properly and she said she wont take me to the doctors because she says its nothin
i cant breath properly and i ...

Is there anything to make you feel better when you are sick and have alot of flem in your throat?
any tea or drink or anything?...

What colour is blood when it is not exposed to air????
we have one person who thinks it is red when not exposed to oxygen and another who thinks it is clear what is it?...

My brother did this?
my brother marked me 7 times with a PERMENT black marker
now i feel weak and i fanited 2 times wats wrong with ...

Quiting smoking pot???? 2?
i just asked a ? about my lungs itching... i smoked pot everyday for 5 years and never had no lung pains but i quit like 3 weeks ago and now my lung itch and i was just taking a shawer and i hacked ...

PLEASE READ THIS........i need help!!!!?
about a week ago, i went to my cabin i inhaled "dust off" and now i think i'm delvoping asthma.
CAN THAT HAPPEN???
me and my friend shared a whole can, neither of us died or ...

Why do cigarettes make me feel sooo good?
I love
the taste
the feeling of the smoke going into my lungs
the nicotine buzz

I've been smoking for 15 years and would feel totally lost without my cigarettes.
<...

Should I listen to these pharmacists?? Or go to the hospital?
About an hour ago I accidently inhaled my spit, a little bit I think and I had a huge argument with my mom cause I wanted to go to the hospital to be safe but she kept saying if I can talk i am fine ...

If I only smoke for a few weeks, will the bad effects be reversed?
I'm 14, have never smoked in my life until this morning. If I only smoke 1 or 2 cigarrettes a day for only about 2 or 3 weeks, will there be any lasting bad effects? I got used to it almost ...

Is smoking good for my health? Also will it make me look big hard cool or clever?

How do i start smoking?

Sky
Anyone out there found a cure for snoring apart from murder?
My girlfriend is gonna wipe me out in my sleep if I don't stop. Please help a plea from a frightend man.

xxxgorgeousgalxxx
get her to roll you over!! or just give her some earplugs for xmas!!

jack y
Rating
ask a doctor . you may be suffering from Obstructive Sleep Apnea as 1 in 10 of the population are .it can be dangerous so check it out !

Sandra K
Yes, I have a hubby that snores like a friggin FREIGHT TRAIN!!!!
and I bought what is called a snore extinguisher.
It is on the drug store shelves.
TRUST ME, IT WORKS!!!

just wink and smile ;-)
wear a muzzle when you sleep

skayrkroh
Rating
Breathe Right strips work pretty well- or you can use a small piece of duct tape over the bridge of the nose (not over the mouth)- also she may be allergic to the stuffing in her pillows- down? lots of allergies. If she can sleep more propped up on pillows this may also help. Good luck!

alec A
only lye on your side as this helps to keep your air ways open. Lying on your back seems to make the opposite effect.

N0_white_flag
Rating
Yes! Breathe Right Strips. In the drugstore, walmart, etc... My husband got sooo bad I told him to do something or I wanted my own room! It was awful. He got these strips and I couldn't believe my ears...SILENCE! It was soo quiet I couldn't hear him breathe, which then I had to used to that but that's a whole other story. Anyway go out and get them NOW! I feel your girlfriend's pain.

bev
you can now buy like a small band that goes over the bridge of your nose apparently they work other than that sleep in the spare room

tmswainyboy
Rating
there are some things called breath right that you can but from your chemise that hold the nasal passages open and stop snooring or you could take her to the doctors and see what they say but i would try the breathrite first

they are avalible from a chemist or supermarket

jpbofohio
The first thing is she needs to agree that she actually snores. If she does, half the battle is won.

There is a product that is sprayed onto the soft palate of the mouth of the snorer. This works well, though I cannot remember the name. Go to your local drug store and ask for this type of spray.

~Cat~
Rating
If you find one let me know, you might just be my partners saviour too! lol

peanut1973
Rating
The best way is to lose some weight. And stop smoking if you do. And avoid alcohol. Try to get your neck size under 16.5 as any bigger than that and you're unable to control the muscles that make you snore.

I have bruised kidneys from sharp kicks as I snore like a rhino at the weekend when I drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney. Good luck!

barb
go to bed together :) but sleep in seperate rooms, my husband has night terrors (ouch) and this works great for us.

sp52uhh
Rating
suicide?

fredthedog52
Rating
finger up the but. I find you don't have to insert finger, just getting close seems to work.

GI tech
Rating
If it's that bad, you should consider a sleep study. They can give you a machine called a C-PAP (continuous positive air pressure). It continually blows air into your airway while you're asleep. It's not at all uncomfortable to wear during sleep, and people get used to it very quickly. There are also surgical interventions for sleep apnea, but C-PAP is the least expensive, easiest, and least invasive. If you're overweight, losing weight will also help.

Your girlfriend is the least of your worries. Sleep apnea causes all kinds of health issues. Do yourself a favor and get a sleep study.

mittobridges@btinternet.com
Rating
I tried various over the counter remedies, all failures. I tried giving up smoking and loosing weight, and exersizing, which was a partial sucsess, but sadly for me I have developed a tumor in my throat so now my snoring is purely awesome !

I'm hoping to go under the knife this month, get the tumor out and see how the snoring is now I've lost 2 stone in weight. I hope it's a bit better, I have slept alone for two years now... and it's not good, it's actually debilitating and leading to sleep deprivation, and apnea.

I firmly suggest asking your Dr for a sleep study before it leads to relationship problems (Ie... It's part of the reason I'm single).

AdamKadmon
Rating
There are a couple. One is a spray on the top of the mouth (the soft palate). It vibrating is a main cause of snoring. The spray STIFFENS the soft palate, doing away with most of the snoring.

The 2nd alternative is plastic surgery. Back near the Uvula (the little boxing bag hanging down at the back of the mouth) they insert little plastic strips that make the soft palate permanently stiff. This too does away with most snoring. This surgery can be done in the office I believe.

There are a few others, but they are not as good as these two solutions.

Sandra R
don't drink alchol before bed as this relaxes the throat muscles and makes you snore, make sure youre not over weight and try something like breathe right nasal strips.

TexasStar
I will give you my winning entry sent to Botanic Choice, an herbal company. It was chosen 1st place in a testimonial contest. (www.botanicchoice.com)

~~~I have ordered many products from your wonderfully detailed catalogs. My favorite item is "QUIET NIGHT THROAT SPRAY." It truly lives up to its name. I used to sleep in my easy chair in the living room because my husbank snored so loud, now I sleep beside him.~~~

My husband gives his throat three light sprays every evening before bed. He sleeps better and no longer has sleep apnea.

Emma A
Well, there's always the tennis balls sewn into the back of your pj's!

No, seriously, my husband snores like a trooper and after trying every trick in the book we've actually found something that works!
Go to www.bodykind.com and look for a thing called Snore Free.
It's a bit like a nose ring - it fits in the bit that separates your nostrils and has a magnet either side that keep it in place but also helps it do it's job. My husband was very skeptical at first but he's used it and says that once he's got it on he barely even notices it's there - it certainly doesn't intefere with his sleep. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has problems with snoring!

Jak Darktent
Rating
No man your doomed to an early grave!

Celtic girl
You may have a sleep disorder. A sleep study can determine if you are suffering from a sleep apnea.

~DKB!~
Rating
my dad had the same prob and he went to the hospital for a night and they found his snoring patterns, then they called a guy who speacilized a snoring machine for him to wear at night that helps u not snore. it was hard for him to get used to it at first but now he is used to it

Sheila
Rating
I have answered this way a few times here already: You should seriously consider a sleep clinic to be checked for sleep apnea. My husband snored for years and not only did he even have pauses in breathing, he wouldn't believe me. I finally recorded his breathing. He now has a machine for apnea and we all sleep better. Good luck.

kitten4anutta
does asthma come into the equation ? as i have asthma and snore due to it. i find sleeping upright helps

I care about my answers
Has she had a sleep test for sleep apnea or sleep myoclonus? She should go to a neurologist for this. She may not be getting the quality of sleep she needs and therefore can cause daytime sleepiness, irritability, and depression. If she is sleep deprived, this can even kill her and put others in jeopardy. I would recommend she see her doctor or go to sleep center. In the meantime, slightly jog her to roll over; this has helped my husband to stop.

longneck242002
I don't know if they work, but I was in a drugstore the other day and noticed they had a anti- snoring product on the shelf. You could check it out. Hold off on the murder. Not worth it. You just go to prison and you ain't heard snoring until you heard it in there.

david t
FULL FACE CRASH HELMET

Emily Hobhouse
After about five years of marriage my husband and I gave up. (Especially when I smacked him one night - the only time I've ever raised my hand to him!- I was mortified when he jumped out of bed yelling "What was that?" I told him he'd had a bad dream. I still feel bad.)
Anyway, he couldn't sleep because he knew he was keeping me awake. It got so bad neither of us were sleeping. Things improved when we had a baby - he'd sleep downstairs on the sofa because he had to work in the morning while I was up with the baby all night long. And we just kept it up. We always go to bed together though, but when one of us wakes up,we simply move out. I no longer hate him and he no longer looks at me with suspicion. Truly, we love each other. We've been married for 17 years and have a strong marriage.
By the way, we tried anti-snore pillows, those nasal strips, sprays etc etc.

r_finewood
Rating
There are many different anti-snore products at your local drug store. You will find them in the cough and cold section. One of them is called Breathe Right and also, Theraflu makes a liquid to help get rid of snoring. Try not to sleep on your back too.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.154
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, June 14, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy