Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Anyone taken Augmentin?
I have been prescribed this for a sinus infection I got from having root canal treatment on an upper molar. Has anyone had this and does it work? Also are there bad side effects?...

Whats the best way to get over a cold?

My girlfriend has severe viral asthma, what can I do while waiting for an ambulance?

What is the first aid/treatment to asthma?

Cough and wheezing.?
i've been coughing hard lately but not all the time. when the coughing comes..there'll be wheezing as well.. i have no idea what it is.. pls help me! sometime it happen at night .. or early ...

Healthcare members.. with a positive TB skin test?
If cheat x-ray shows that you don't have TB but the skin test is to prove that you have been exposed to it. Does it make sense to go on antibiotic for 6-9 months. Considering the whole ...

COPD life expectancy if you quit smoking?
I was wondering if anyone knows someone with COPD. My mom was just diagnosed, I don't know exactly what percentage of her lung is diseased, I just know it's in one lung, and she is now on A...

My son has a problem breathing. the doctor said he has adenoids how are they treated?
the doc said the can be operated if they become problematic,but all the same i am very worried,what are they?HOW DO THEY DEVELOP?...

My 85 year old aunt is having trouble breathing,and tires quickly,is there anything she can do to help herself
Is there a medication or breathing apperatus that may help her strenthen her lungs,I also know that 85 is pretty old and it might be just old age.Two years ago thay removed a vein from her leg to ...

Who else has a cold?
I've had one since Monday and it's NO FUN! Plus, it's super early for "cold season"!!...

If i smoke tobbaco and dont inhale so it goes down your throat will it effect my asthma?
serious anwsers ...

I am a cold patient how to rescue from this?

Giving up smoking?
Hi me & myy girlfriend are giving up smoking from Tuesday 31st July 2007 I have smoked for 11 yrs, anyone got any good advice to get me through it? Ex smokers advice would help!...

What is the best treatment for asthma other than inhalers?
i have had asthma for many years and now take only inhalers,i use 3 inhalers a month,which odviously is too many.i do not want to take steroids because of the side effects.i would appreciate ant ...

Sure fire way to quite smoking.?
I have tried to quite several times and had a realy bad attidude. So bad I would fight with my own family. So instead of losing my family I would start smoking. Please help. Oh yea limited funds, ...

Extra cigarette filter?
I know that cigarette has a filter, but there's also extra filters you can buy. It's a plastic filter, kind of like the ones they use in some cigars, like black and mild. So I was wondering ...

How do you meditate or learn the correct breathing to prevent a panic attack? or even feeling stressed out?

My 4 year old son had a fever this morning and now he is wheezing but no fever?
My son had a 103.4 fever this morning I gave motrin and it went away. He has been normal the rest of the day. Then at bedtime he wakes up crying and wheezing. I calm him down check his temperature ...

What happenes if you smoke and you have asthma?

Additional Details
Im 14. and i have asthma. i don't smoke but ive been thinking about ...

How do Under aged peopel accquire cigarretes?
How do they get away with stealing them?...

CS06
Any home remedies to cure bad cough and chest congestion?
URGENTLY need some tried and tested home remedies for bad throat infection / bad cough / chest congestion for kids and adults. Tired of giving anti-biotics! please help! :-)

question mark
Rating
boil wild cherry bark let cool add a little whiskey and some honey.mix Well and sip

Barberry
Rating
Heat a pot of water on the stove. Take the pot off the burner and being very careful not to burn yourself, stand over the pot holding a towel up over your head to capture the steam and breathe in the moist steam...do NOT get so close that you burn yourself.

As for kids...get a cool mist vaporizer and run it in their room during the night. If you keep mucous membranes moisturized, you're less apt to get upper respiratory infections. The moisture also helps keep the lung secretions thinner so they can be coughed out. Drink plenty of fluids, even when you don't feel like drinking.

If you and your kids have a common cold with cough, you most likely don't need antibiotics. If you have strep throat or pneumonia, you'll need antibiotics to get completely well.

richard c
mucinex!!take it religiously it will clear up congestion!!it did mine!

pollockcs
In a juice glass, mix 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp lemon juice, and as hot water as you can stand. Stir well and drink.

voidtillnow
A mixture of half vingear half honey helps with the congestion and sore throat. Also a vaporizer, you can buy a vicks solution to go into it and it distributes it through the air. There is also a baby bath with vicks that you can use, it really does help. As far as medicines I have been told that Zycam is the best. Good Luck, I hope you feel better soon!

shamoolax
Rating
Vinegar and Honey mixed with a little warm water is good for the chest and gargle with salt water for the throat.

Hope you feel better soon x

Dr. Ruth Less
Rating
here's some things that may help....

1. sit in the bathroom 3 times a day for 20 minutes with the shower running really hot....keep the door closed and the window cracked just a bit. The steam helps to loosen the phlegm.

2. rub vicks vapor rub on the chest and back

3. for cough relief cut up some carrots (round thin slices) and put it in a bowl with brown sugar. Let it sit there until it creates syrup. Use the syrup as a cough suppressant. As a kid when I had the whooping cough that's what my parents used and it worked pretty well.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, October 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy