Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Kristi
Any body know a quick relief for a Urinary Tract Infection?
My doctor's appointment isnt until tomorrow afternoon, and I really need realief, anybody know of anything??

Bevin M
All I have ever heard for a UTI is to drink lots of cranberry juice...

my new life
drink cranberry juice!!!

tammy a
Rating
I know what your going through. I have one and i had to go to the ER. Drink alot of cranberry juice. At your local grocery or pharmacy they have over the counter med. It reallt works. Keep in mind that when you take this kind of med. it will turn your urine orange or red. Thats ok though. I hope you feel better soon .

SA16
Antibiotics. Letting an infection go (i.e. not going to the doc and getting the meds that will kill the bacteria) can lead to a kidney infeciton. The bladder infection is uncomfortable. A kidney infection can kill you. You primary care provider likely has a protocol for treating UTIs over the phone. If this is your first UTI, you NEED to be seen. Cranberry juice does help, but won't kill the bacteria. Good luck.

misbehaveing
Rating
cranberry juice helps

Gene L
Rating
HEY PEOPLE!!
Kristi is looking for some "overnight relief" before her appointment tomorrow...are you sure Cranberry Juice is the quick fix she needs right now?

I've read that AZO Cranberry Pills might help:
http://www.drugstore.com/qxp17436_333181_sespider/azo/cranberry_supplement_tablets.htm
I was skeptical about the answers given recommending cranberry juice so, I came across this:
http://www.mercola.com/2001/jul/7/uti_cranberry_juice.htm

"Clear Tract D-Mannose, the active ingredient found in cranberries, actually adheres to the receptors on the lining of the bladder that attach to the bacteria. This forces the bacteria to slide right off and into the toilet. It is amazingly effective, but one must remember it is only a band-aid, but a far safer one than prophylactic antibiotic use or cranberry juice."

I believe this is for long-term relief and infection prevention though and cranberry juice may not be very helpful for the "quick relief" you seek.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy