Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

My boyfriend is in pain. Help!!!?
About a week ago, my boyfriend started complaining about his gums and jaw being sore. He's 24 and his wisdom teeth are just now starting to come through so that's what we thought was ...

Is it normal 4 teeth 2 be slightly loose when in ur adult years?
just ...

Bad Jaw Pain?
Recently, I've been having a pian in my jaw. It feels very tight, uncomfortable during movement, and hurts for about 3 hours. And it pops when I open it or move it left to right.

Also ...

My teeth need to come out?
Four of my teeth are wiggely and I want to get them out, fast! Any tips on how to make them come out faster?
Additional Details
By the way, I'm not stupid and I know I can just pull ...

What's it like getting wisdom teeth out?
I am having all four at once, done by an oral surgeon. General Anesthesia being used. I was told that i won't remember much from the entire visit to the oral surgeon's office.

A...

Do braces hurt !!!!?

I havent brushed my teeth since i was a kid?
i havent brushed them in years is it to late for me to brush them i dont want them to fall out and when i use to brush them they use to bleed???????
Additional Details
HAHAH YEAH I KNOW I...

I brush my teeth 3 times a day, and I got a freakin cavity! How?
I dont even eat an excessive amount of sugar. I brush thouroly (i cant spell). My dentist was "proud" of me, and my mom cant believe it either. Why do the most innocent people get the bad ...

Best thing to do for a toochache?

How to get rid of bad breath?!?
i brush my teeth an toung everyday my teeth have no holes i eat fairly okay i dunno it doesnt go away what can i do that lasts a little longer than a mint?
Additional Details
*and , just ...

Are wisdom teeth removed under local or general anasthetic?
Do they knock patients out totally or just numb the mouth when removing wisdom teeth?...

How to whiten Teeth?
how do you whiten teeth really easy when you have braces. No retarded answers ...

With all the technology these days.. How come...?
How come we have the best technology, best military, can send a man to the moon, but we still have cavities and toothaches are so painful?...

Should my 3 year old get a root canal?
My son had some trauma to his two front teeth. They are discolored (bruising) and the dentist said that if they are in danger of "dying" a root canal may be able to salvage them. Of ...

Hey guys I am getting braces for two years and they cost 5000$?

What is stronger, dihydracodiene or co-codamol, I've got bad toothache?

How many teeth should an adult have?
talk about ...

Anyone had root canal done? does it hurt? if so how long does the pain last?

I have a small cavity, anything I can do to cure it?
Other than going to the dentist, anything I can do to cure it?...

I suffer from panic attacks.. what can i do to be able to get dental work done?
I haven't been to the dentist in years because of this problem. I need help! I'm embarrased by my teeth. Can i just be put to sleep or something?
I would like to smile again....

Puma
Help! When I brushed my teeth................?
I bought a new brush today and when I brushed my teeth, the toothpaste turned bright red and I was bleeding from quite a few areas....this has never happened before in my life?

The bristles are quite hard on this brush is that the problem?

And also if I use real Bicarbonate of Soda on my teeth is that good or bad.

Thank you.

crowfeathers
Rating
Because early-stage gum disease is seldom painful, you can have gingivitis without even knowing it. Often, though, you're likely to have warning signs such as:

Swollen, soft, red gums.
Gums that bleed easily, even if they're not sore. Many people first detect a change in their gums when they notice that the bristles of their toothbrush are pink — a sign that gums are bleeding with just slight pressure.
A change in the color of your gums from a healthy pink to dusky red.

Health-Nut_Ditto-Head
Rating
Vitamin C is required for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body. It is necessary to form collagen, an important protein used to make skin, scar tissue, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels. Vitamin C is essential for the healing of wounds, and for the repair and maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth.

Vitamin C is one of many antioxidants. Vitamin E and beta-carotene are two other well-known antioxidants. Antioxidants are nutrients that block some of the damage caused by free radicals, which are by-products that result when our bodies transform food into energy.

The build up of these by-products over time is largely responsible for the aging process and can contribute to the development of various health conditions such as cancer, heart disease, and a host of inflammatory conditions like arthritis. Antioxidants also help reduce the damage to the body caused by toxic chemicals and pollutants such as cigarette smoke.

Vitamin C deficiency can lead to dry and splitting hair; gingivitis (inflammation of the gums) and bleeding gums; rough, dry, scaly skin; decreased wound-healing rate, easy bruising; nosebleeds; weakened enamel of the teeth; swollen and painful joints; anemia; decreased ability to ward off infection; and, possibly, weight gain because of slowed metabolic rate and energy expenditure. A severe form of vitamin C deficiency is known as scurvy, which mainly affects older, malnourished adults.

mis x
You need to see the dentist, you have an infection.

sarahbean
Rating
Sounds like it, so don't be alarmed.
Buy a more sensitive one and use for the moment.
If you're not in the habit of visiting your dentist regularly (every 6-9 months,- if you're working in Eire you should be entitled to a basic check-up and clean every 6 months on your prsi-).
If the problem persists, I'd make an appointment.

hope it turns out OK.

my sheds on fire
Rating
It sometimes happens with new brush as the bristles are harder at first.
It keeps happening get one with softer bristles, or see your dentist.

karen's revenge
Rating
yep - if it only started when u got your new brush, then it's likely to be just the brush that is the problem. get one with softer bristles. and yes, u can brush your teeth with bicarbonate of soda, but i wouldn't recommend it ! it tastes disgusting, and it doesn't have all the germ fighting ingredients in it that toothpaste has. compromise - get yourself a toothpaste that has bicarbonate of soda in it. there are at least 3 or 4 different brands who do versions with bicarb in them.

ħ Ì Wêår M¥ Mê?ål Må§k
The toobrush package should say "soft" instead of hard. Duh!

Aslan, reborn
Use a softer brush and brush your gums and teeth in a circular motion. This will help reduce gum problems.

abkb8476
Rating
I would probably say that the bristles are too hard and it probably made your gums bleed, try one thats not so hard. If this hasn't happened before i would say thats probably the reason, otherwise it could be gingivitis. Try a different brush and see if it stops if not i would go to a dentist. I use to use bicarbontate of soda all the time and i never had any problems, i heard that it was perfectly fine to use

it goes something like this
Rating
it is probably the toothbrush. it's cutting your gums. you should change it.

Carole B
Bicarb won't hurt, yes your toothbrush may be hard but if you have a gum disease changing to a softer one won't help and may make it worse. Try a mouthwash like chloroseptic to kill bacteria, and if this doesn't help after a few days get a dental check up.

jdcorvettelover
if u dont floss your teeth regularly then its because of that. you might want to change your tooth brush.

sammy
Looks like you have gum disease which makes your gums softer than usual. The firmer bristles on the new brush is why you have only noticed it now. Lots of people get this, try a mouthwash and floss everyday. If it doesn't clear up after a few weeks see a dentist.

Searcher
Rating
toothbrushs come in firm, medium and soft (and possibly a really soft one too). My guess is you were used to using a soft one or a well worn-out medium or firm and all of a sudden wound up brushing as you normally would with a really firm one. Check the label on the package to find out what level of frimness your new one has.

So, yes, if you bought a very firm one, that would be the cause of the bleeding. Simply brush a little easier for a whiel until those bristles soften up some. Or replace it with a medium or soft.

People use all sorts of things to brush their teeth. typically though one should probably stick to a commercial toothpaste unless they have a recipe for a tried and true furmula that is known to do a good job of cleaning and whitening teeth, freshening breath, etc.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy