Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

My left ear hurts a lot and the back of my throat hurts?
my ear hurts and the left side of the back of my throat hurts. i read that ear infections and throat infections clear up on their own but it's been more than 10 days. any advice on making it ...

I want to get a tongue ring?
Okay, im pretty okay with pain, i've got 4 tattoo's. One on each foot (on the top right before it goes to my toes). One between my shoulder blades, and then one on my lower back.

Pulled a muscle in my back...heat or cold?
It is so painful I can't sneeze or cough or even take a deep breath...Robaxacet hasn't even touched it..Please help...No way I'm sleeping tonight....

Fast Sore Throat Relief?
I have a sore throat that I would like to be better by tonight, I have to give a speech at my school and we have to talk loudly because the microphones aren't the best.

Does anyone ...

Dose it hurt to get this done?
dose it hurt to get the top of your ear pierced. like your cartilage? i want to get it done but i'm scared it will hurt. help plz!!!...

Do pain pills show up on a drug screen?

I woke up with a pea sized lump under my right ear.it hurts wen i touch it.wat is it??
i gave up smoking on friday nite. i had a good cough ystdy, do u think ive pulled on the gland??. it hurts wen i touch it.it hasnt got any bigger. im really worried....

I may be getting a memory foam matress/pillow as i Have a sore back and dont sleep very well, is it worth it?
I would like to know if these product are really as good as they say they are and if anyone knows a good place to get them....

Why do i get severe leg cramps every night?
I have ...

Chest Pain??? Can anybody give me a rough idea on what these might be?
I'm only 17 and sometimes i get chest pains that can be very painfull and uncomfortable. I do smoke but not much - at the most i will smoke 5 a day. I have been to the hospital and the doctor ...

What is a healthy way to stay awake at work?
I went to bed early (like 10pm) and woke up around 6:45am but yet, here it is 10am and I'm yawning. What is a natural, healthy way of waking myself up in the morning?...

Migraines!?
for the past couple of weeks I've been getting migraines with an aura almost everyday. I'm only 15 so right now I don't have a ton of stress in my life...or at least nothing I can'...

I'm going through withdrawels from pain killers. and i have to be at work for 9 hours a day.?
i decided to stop taking roxi's and oxycontin and i feel like total crap. what is the best way to stay active at work and is there something i could drink to help or some vitamins or anything? ...

Help with a ache in my legs. It starts around my waist and pain shots down my legs? Can anyone help?

Ear ache...?
Everytime I press my cheek next to my ear I get a pain in my eardrum that I don't normally get..
Does anyone know what it could be?
(Don't say "well don't press it then&...

I have a sore throat, pain while swallowing, and it hurts to turn my neck?
Ok so heres the thing, im pregnant right now about 5 months, and a couple of days ago out of nowhere i got the worst sore throat ever. It hurts really bad when i swallow, and right underneith my chin ...

Is cutting the tendon in the wrist bad?

Can u walk across roads barefoot without it hurting?

I've had Chronic Migraines every day for 3 years, help?
Anti-depressants
Anti-psychotics
Anti-inflammatorys
All the triptans
Vikadin
Butalbitol
Muscle Relaxers
Chiropractic work
Injected Visteril and Torodol
C...

What home remedy can I use to decrease my sore throat?
I am really in pain. When I talk my throat hurts and especially when I swallow. I need a home remedy, please do not suggest a doctor....

Notre Dame fan Mommy
Will vicodin help me sleep?
I'm in alot of pain and I can't sleep. I figure there's no use in taking one if it won't help me sleep. Will it?
Additional Details
I know they're addicting, which is why I said I won't take one unless they help me go to sleep. The pain is physical. I've tried Tyleonl pm's along with several other OTC sleeping aids and they don't work for me. I refuse to take ambien because when I was on it, I would wake up going outside or doing something crazy. This one time I took it, I had just moved into my house. In my sleep I had unpacked all of our boxes and cut my hand with a box cutter. I won't be taking it again.

Cindy B
Oh yeah! LOL

Buttery (__|__) Biscuits
It will definitely take away your pain. I have taken it and have had difficulties falling asleep so I guess it depends on the individual. Try Tylenol sleeping pills for the sleep and pain relief.

da_7thassasin
Rating
Vicodin is a pain killer and is very addictive. You are better off getting Ambien or some other prescription.

Vi
The Doctor perscribed the pain killers for you these are trained professionals and if you abide by there directions for the use of the Vicodan then you will have no problems. If the pain is keeping you up then take the meds the Dr. prescribed to you. I have had many broken bones over the years and hae been given all different kinds and strengths of opiates. Just follow the directions and do not abuse you will be fine. Ambine did the same thing to me I would take it to sleep and not remember what I had done that day but there are other types of sleep medication consult you Dr.

mcdannells
At times I have taken this it wipes me out, other times it did nothing. I found something better so do not need that nasty stuff. Depends on each person though. We know longer let people in our home because of someone ripping of my sons seizure pills. I would not mention taking these to anyone but immediate family if I were you. To many thief's that pretend to be your friends....
Some of the pain killers put me into a seizure, while others make me throw up. So just see how you will react to them. Sounds like you know the getting hooked lecture....

xquis81
Rating
Yes, it should help

Shelly B
I would consider seeing your physician for another sleep aid. There are several other perscription medications to help you sleep....Vicodin has different affects on different people....I take it..and it does not make me sleepy....in fact...it keeps me awake. I can rest...lay very very still for hours on end..but never fall asleep...My husband, however, as had it in the past...and it makes him very sleepy...as well as very nauseated.....

The only way you'll know how it affect you, would be to try it. However....if the pain is the reason you can't sleep...and the vicodin relieves the pain...then maybe you can get some rest....Good luck!

KimB
it will help you sleep but trust me when i tell you that you dont want to become addicted to them. i have been on that ride & do not want to go there again. if you have to have a prescription then why dont you try a pain management such as methadone cuz its a maintenance program & you can be weaned off although that is hard to overcome too.

incognitas8
Rating
Is the pain physical or mental? I wouldn't take vicodin as a sleep aid because of a probable dependence/addiction. Any pain killer that is in the opiate group will make you sleepy.

Brandy
yes they do help with sleep but there are 2 other things to worry about. Constipation and addiction.

bmac
Well, it's purpose is to stop pain...then you could probably fall asleep. One of the most common side effects is drowsiness, too.

Reva P
Rating
There is a huge gap between the meds that you've already tried and vicodin. It could well be that you can manage with much less by way of pain meds. See your doctor about this. Also, if this is chronic pain (6 months or more), then you should be referred to a pain clinic for a more comprehensive assessment and a better plan for your pain management.

michael_usaf
Rating
without a doubt, trust me!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy