Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

I have cronic ostemylitis my consultant said he cant do nothing more?
its in my femur ive had several operations but been dismised from hospital told to go to gp for painkillers need them every day does anyone know about ...

Why do papercuts hurt so bad?
I just got a papercut while I was "working"at my desk. It blows....

What is codeine?

Terrible pain in my jaw and teeth. any ideas?
I have had a BAD pain in my jaw (right where it opens) feels like I have a tooth ache in all my lower teeth. The weird thing is it is mostly in my left side. No other symptoms. I have bad sinus ...

Im scared of my genetials exploding what do i do?
im really ...

Blood rush in left hand vein inlarged heavy feeling HELP!?

Ouch Ouch Ouch?
I banged my hand on a ladder?
it hurts to pick up anything or to move my thumb. I hit it twice it's not swollen yet but it's tender, and I can move my hand but when I move my wrist my ...

Ouch...im rly in pain..help xx?
heya all...
i bashed my mouth with my toothbrush the other day.. bout a week ago!!... under my tongue.... its really sore and i cant seem to get rid of it. ive used bonjela but it doesnt help ...

Just about to get my stitches out, are they going to hurt?
i had stitches out last year and they were really painful?
the nurse had to lay me down because i nearly fainted?
i dont do pain?
should they hurt? a few people have said stitches ...

I have this pain in my stomach.?
It is in the V of my stomach. It feels like a hunger pain but worst. it is on and off. im not hungry because it happens like 2 hours after i eat. i mean i ate Apple sauce, milk, and cinnamon raisin ...

I have constant headache on the left side of my head for almost 2 years, it worsen 2 months ago?

Loss of feeling in right arm right after waking up?
Today at 8:05 AM I was about to go to sleep. I was laying there and I was thinking and some bad emotions hit me and I started crying. It last for 30 seconds and I was back to normal. I went to sleep ...

What's wrong with my legs?
My left leg, on frequent occasions, will ache for seemingly no reason. Like the muscles themselves have aches, just this dull painful ache that's more bothersome than it is excruciating.
A...

I hurt my back, My neighbor gave me one of her prescription muscle relaxers?
I have not taken it, she says that they are called sominex or somas//I thought sominex was a sleeping pill?? Anyone know about them?...

Does anyone know anything that will help relieve the pain of fibramyalgia?

How do I get rid of back pains?
I need answers, please, I won't visit a doctor or take pills so don' try that. :]...

Primary causes for a "charley horse"?

I'm finding it hard to sleep and i have a huge headache...please help!?

Additional Details
Please i really need help!! I haven't slept properly in 3 months!...

AAHH!!!! Should I go home from work if I have a migraine?
I have missed a lot of days already and have two sick days left for the entire year. But, this migraine is piercing and I'm starting to "black out" intermittently. I have to be on this ...

Stomach pain?
i am having stomach pain now the last 6 weeks it comes and go,s and will last for 5 to 10 minuites its not a burning pain and i dont get sick from it the pain is around the belly button area and the ...

Janelle
Why does one get a charlie horse in the leg and what can you do about it??

Taylor29
Rating
What's a charlie horse?

mcdannells
I have been told a Charlie horse is due to not enough water?
Mr. has these and he takes aspirin and drinks lots of water.

theskullknows
try a tablespoon of yellow mustard

Momwithaheart
I usually get them from stretching. When you get one in your foot, just step down on your foot applying pressure and you will fill it ease off.

irishstile_perryman
A Charlie horse is caused by over stretching your muscles in your leg. When that happens, you might want to move your leg in a comfortable position, & stay that way for at least a minute or two. Move your leg afterwards, & if moving didn't hurt, your ok. If it did hurt, just continue to lie there until you think you'll be ok.

benjamin b
this is usually due to a potassium deficiency try a mutivitamin or eat more bannanas

silentnonrev
Rating
I don't know why, but I heard a folk remedy: sleep with a bar of soap (unwrapped) between the sheets....and I don't know why that would work, but apparently it does!

diamond
Rating
I was told they are caused by lack of potassium. I took calcium and ate bannas, they can really hurt

trytohelp
a charlie horse is basically a muscle cramp. keep yourself hydrated, stretching, and eating potassium containing foods can help (like bananas). if they occur at night a bar of soap might help, i believe that is because the bar of soap gives stimulation to the leg and your leg doesn't fall asleep

soccerchk
Rating
It's a combination of not enough potassium and not enough water. You can prevent them by eating more bananas and of course drinking plenty of water.

As for when you actually get one, you just have to stretch it. Stand up with your heal on the floor and your toes pointing up. Whatever you do, do not stand on your toes because that will make it even worse. Also, refrain from wearing high healed shoes the day you get a charlie horse because your leg will be sore enough as it is.

And that's interesting about the bar of soap, don't understand how it works, but I may have to try that.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy