Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

My partner has a very painful boil in between his legs has been to docs but how can we sooth the pain?
The doc has given him a p/c shot and tablets he is having several salt baths but it is very difficult for him to walk as it HURTS when it rubs....

How do I prevent extremely painful cramps in my calf muscle when sleeping?
I have tried drinking more water, taking magnesium supplements, stretching. Sometimes I can see the muscle throbbing. Only ever happens on the left calf muscle - if I panic because of the pain when ...

Do tattoos hurt and what can i do to prevent the pain?

Does th prescriptsion drug tramadol have codeine in it?

What is could be causing this lingering leg cramp?
I've had this cramp for about a week and 2 days. it started just under my groin right about where my groin becomes my Leg and pretty much spread to my right thigh.

I thought it would ...

How will life be like without pain?
And Is life better with or without pain? Why or why not?...

How big can a shed be before its a barn?

After sitting in my chair all day the back of my ankle is swollen and hurts?

Additional Details
there is a knot about 4 " up on my ...

I pierced my lip, and it hurts...?
How do you think I can maybe reduce the pain? I know, the pain was expected.. but it feels like I'm biting my lip non-stop. Getting a titch annoying!...

How do you get off pain killers?
rehab is not an option so please don't suggest that. I love pain killers. I love how they make me feel. I used to be afraid of them. I don't do any drugs, I drink and lately lortab has ...

My menstruation used to last longer before?
i am 38 years and my peroid only last 2 days full stop. before i would at least get 3 days of peroid and definatly 1 day of light discharge how come this. do things get less as you ...

I have been experiencing excrutiating leg cramps, mostly in thighs. Can anyone give me any insight what causes
these, and if there is anything I can do to get some kind of relief????? Thank you in advance....

Why does heat help sore muscles?

I have sharp pain in my tummy?
i have had my appendix out and i cannot be ...

What symtoms do you have when you have a blood clot in your leg?
is there pain or swelling or just a general ache.
Additional Details
I have varicose veins and this is in the back of my knee. No swelling or coldness....

Can't sleep cause of painful shoulder and arm.?
I have taken painkillers but they are not working any ideas on how i can get myself to sleep i am so tired. please help....

Headaches!????
I get a headache everyday.I get them at school usually . I don't know why. Sometimes they hurt so bad they make me sick. Can anyone help?...

How to cure my migrain sickness?
Since I was 15 years old I was told by the doc that I have migraine.That's why when I eat certain foods like drinking coffee or eating chocolate, after that I will have a very heavy headache.I ...

Do I have Appendicitis?
My lower right somach has been hurting
and i researched on it
but i dont have any other symptoms its just that i have a pericing pain and I have lower back pain too. I told my mom so i ...

I question of percocet/oxyxodone. Serious responses only.?
I'm 42-years of age, and dealt with lower back pain for a very long time. For about two months, I used short term treatment with pain medications alternating between Percocet and Lortab. F...

99% Fat Free
Why do my legs ache when I wake up in the morning?

Additional Details
Thanks for your answers so far - very useful.
To clarify some points:
Yes the ache is in my lower legs
I have 2 young kids so probably don't get enough sleep.
I get quite hot in bed, sometimes like to stick my legs out of the covers for a bit to get cool
I eat a fairly good diet, lots of fruit & veg but have started exercising more recently (so that's probably it!)

Someone said I have a less than ideal lifestyle - what is an 'ideal' lifestyle? That would be interesting to know :)

No, I don't think it's RLS but thanks for the suggestion. I read the wiki description but that doesn't sound like it.

Don't look at my avatar.
Like, your calves - from the knee down? I get that too, and the pain is excruciating. My mum told me that its because i need to be warmer :S

If you have an electric blanket, perhaps have it at a higher temperature...

edgarl
Rating
Apart from muscle strain, the most obvious reason, with no real clinical connotations, is that you have had insufficient rest or have a a less than ideal lifestyle.

catherine c
My legs ache used to ache every morning, I have restless legs syndrome. I also have periodic limb movement which means that your legs jump all the time during the night. There is medication that can help you, go to your doctor.

iSecondTheMotion
it is called "cramps"

wrong position during sleeping...
eating foods high in uric acid...

Jacqueline
Rating
Could be a number of things. Go to the doctor.

sleepystar1975
Rating
Could it be restless leg syndrome?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restless_legs_syndrome

GaryW
either ur leg has been recieving too much cold air during the night or u exercise too hard the day b4.

The man with no name
I used to have a similar problem and it was down to a poor diet. Eat better and more and you should notice a massive improvement!

stephanie r
Rating
My legs used to hurt too like that and i remember my co worker
said that i needed more potassium. take some vitamins or eat bananas.i don't know if its a known fact as a treatment for leg aches but thats what was told to me.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, July 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy