Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

Just about to get my stitches out, are they going to hurt?
i had stitches out last year and they were really painful?
the nurse had to lay me down because i nearly fainted?
i dont do pain?
should they hurt? a few people have said stitches ...

I have this pain in my stomach.?
It is in the V of my stomach. It feels like a hunger pain but worst. it is on and off. im not hungry because it happens like 2 hours after i eat. i mean i ate Apple sauce, milk, and cinnamon raisin ...

I have constant headache on the left side of my head for almost 2 years, it worsen 2 months ago?

Loss of feeling in right arm right after waking up?
Today at 8:05 AM I was about to go to sleep. I was laying there and I was thinking and some bad emotions hit me and I started crying. It last for 30 seconds and I was back to normal. I went to sleep ...

What's wrong with my legs?
My left leg, on frequent occasions, will ache for seemingly no reason. Like the muscles themselves have aches, just this dull painful ache that's more bothersome than it is excruciating.
A...

I hurt my back, My neighbor gave me one of her prescription muscle relaxers?
I have not taken it, she says that they are called sominex or somas//I thought sominex was a sleeping pill?? Anyone know about them?...

Does anyone know anything that will help relieve the pain of fibramyalgia?

How do I get rid of back pains?
I need answers, please, I won't visit a doctor or take pills so don' try that. :]...

Primary causes for a "charley horse"?

I'm finding it hard to sleep and i have a huge headache...please help!?

Additional Details
Please i really need help!! I haven't slept properly in 3 months!...

AAHH!!!! Should I go home from work if I have a migraine?
I have missed a lot of days already and have two sick days left for the entire year. But, this migraine is piercing and I'm starting to "black out" intermittently. I have to be on this ...

Stomach pain?
i am having stomach pain now the last 6 weeks it comes and go,s and will last for 5 to 10 minuites its not a burning pain and i dont get sick from it the pain is around the belly button area and the ...

Back aches recommendations?

Additional Details
Lower back since I was a 12 in a car accident now 15 years later still the doctos try and give me pain med but I can not take them I have children and they make me ...

Foot is numb?
My right foot has been numb for almost a week straight... I have no idea why, I was curious why this is, and what could be causing it?
Additional Details
LMAO Pirate Girls that made me ...

Whats a great stress reliever?
I have been stressed out lately and i wanted to know what you people do for stress.. so yea!...

How much of our lifetime is spent with a headache?

Additional Details
I seem to get mild ones or annoying ones occasionally. Just occurred to me if you added all these up, must be a long time......

Pain! please help me my ankle hurts?
I fell down a few stairs yesterday and now my ankle hurts more when I stand on it and when I walk on it for a while.It also feels more stiff than my other one what might be wrong. It also hurts more ...

Pains Please Someone Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!?
I'm having sharp pains from my knee caps to the lower part of my back,headches,nauseated and fatigue a lots I haven't had my period since the 7th of last month I might be pregnant again I ...

Does getting a tattos hurt??
Well me and my friend are thinking about getting one on our ...

How do you get rid of a pounding headache without pills?

Goldfish"
Why do i get cramps in my calves everytime i stretch my legs before i get up?
these are quite painful All my blood tests are normal.

Tommy Snipes™
Rating
Just make sure you drink plenty of water in the day or at least drink some before you go to sleep. Don't stress yourself out with exercising too much as this could cause you to overstetch and potentially hurt your muscles.

I used to get them as well, very painful indeed but if you make sure you eat the right amount of healthy foods per day and drink a good volume of water, it should aid this situation. When lying in bed, if your legs are positioned in a strange way, try to change that. Lastly, try and stretch when you get out of bed. I've found out that works well.

Good luck!

Tom G
I get them when i stretched while lying in bed, I think it is the odd way that our legs are positioned when we lie down

Stretch them after you get out of bed - that works - I don't get them any more

Robin frisky
Rating
Getting old, heuh? Terrible, but inevitable. But, seriously, try to get up a little bit earlier, so you'll find time to have some light stretching after you crawled to your first wake-up tea (or coffee). Also, it is very individual and family dependent. I got cramps in my feet when about 35 y.o. (and others have severe back muscle pain). I even needed an operation for that foot. But always remember: practice makes perfect. Take baby steps in caring again more for your body. That's where hatha yoga is so damn right: never, never strain your body over your pain limit, but still stretch it. Don't do nothing.

minty
i get that and its bloody murder !!
i usually get it if i am tired and not had much sleep lately. although some say its lack of salt?
anyway i know how you feel i hope i dont get it again .

Lucie K
Rating
Drink tonic water for the quinine and also maybe get more calcium in your diet. Also practise stretching exercises where stretch your calf muscles (toes turned up towards front of leg) and when you feel a cramp coming on, get your self standing asap and get your calf stretched into this position; it really helps

Robin B Ω
Rating
That used to happen to me every day.It got to the point where I awoke knowing not to stretch...that was my first thought waking up.Try eating a banana every day.I read that it was low potassium that causes it.
I still don't stretch until I stand up... I'm afraid,and yes,they are painful.

B0uncingMoonman@aol.com
I`m almost sure this has to do with blood circulation (which may be due to blood flow slowing and going sluggish while you sleep).
I used to get this too so can sympathise with you - but since I had stents put in my arteries - I haven`t had it since (of course, it could return anytime I suppose). This is why I think it is due to blood flow (stents allow the blood to flow better).
Have you any varicose veins, these also are allied I think.
Your arteries may be becoming blocked with cholesterol, or the plaque resulting from it.

Helen S
Rating
I think it has something to do with bad blood circulation...

Mike Webb
I used to get this all the time. But now i have stopped alot.

Firstly it was because of my age that it kept creeping up, i was 16 so last year and every time i stood up i would cramp.

This was because i was mega overtired and also had a previous injury whilst playing cricket.

If you have had a injury in a tendon etc then this could be it just still hasnt healed yet.

Try getting more massages in your legs if you can and have a healthy diet because some fatty foods can become a problem.

Also i know may sound stupid but me walking more just made my legs stronger after all the cramps i used to get.

Also baths with Radox in it will sooth muscles and relieve you.

I remember the feeling when you keep getting cramps recouring and your leg is constantly aching and stiff.

Good luck x

lynn18050
Rating
try drinking more water. I promise you'll notice a difference.

I cant understand why people dont drink the stuff.

If you have a plant and you dont water it, it wilts, eventually dies.
we are much the same as plants, we NEED water to function properly.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy