Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

Why shouldn't a person take vicodin long-term?
What are the repercussions of taking vicodin long-term? I am currently taking 10/500 and my doctor said he's going to scale down my next dose so that it has less tylenol in it. Will it still ...

How do I get rid of my headaches?
i have this headache, half of my head is in pain, really painful.. I think it's a migraine
n sometime i get this headache it makes want to throw up and i feel nauseous.. evey time i lay ...

When you're in pain, what do you do?
Do you cry, or laugh it off? Or just pretend like it doesn't hurt?...

Is my doctor right?
i had an ear infection 2 weeks ago and was prescribed ear drops with antibiotics it hasnt cleared up and now my throat is killing me i fell like im being strangled ,i dont know if it has anything to ...

I suffer from pain in my knees while i climb or go down stairs and also while trying to sit down!! please help
i am 17 yrs old n i suffer from knee pain i also have knocked knees... please help it sometimes become really bad when i m not able to sit down in public.........

Does any1 no any cure for cramps in your feet??

I woke up with this thing on my lower lip, it had water like this in it. is that a cold sour i dont know HELP?

What do u think is the worst kind of pain?

How to get rid of a headache when you have already tried advil?
i cant take anything else cause i already took advil but my head is killing me and its not getting better from the advil, anyone know of any other way to get rid of a headache that doesnt include ...

Horrrible sore throat. please help?
I felt sick this morning and threw up and i feel like i really tore up my throat because it hurts to swallow and talk. Towards the beginning of the day, the pain was manageable but at this point its ...

What hurts you the most?

Does taking a warm bath help U relax?

Additional Details
Then go for it ...

What to Do after your appendix has been removed?
Yeah I just has it removed yesturday and I have no idea what to do now so if you guys/gals have anyway to help with the pain and boredom answer right now!!!! THX!...

HELP???? Please??? Worst pain ever????????
I have the worst pain I have ever felt right now. My cheek and jaw are swollen, I havent slept or ate in 2 days. I started an anitibiotic about 48 hours ago. And the pain is getting worse. I cant ...

Wat da best thing to get rid of a headache without using tablets?

Will i pass a lab drug test?
i ate 1 10mg oxycodone and 4 hydrocodone and i took a urine test 36 hours later. i drank 3 32oz of water the night before and the day of i took a Omni Extra Strength urine cleanser and the amount of ...

Headache remedies please!♥?

What caused the most intense physical pain you've ever endured?
Surgery? Illness? Injury? This is physical pain, not emotional... What hurt the worst ever?...

Really sore throat, help?
So i've felt sick since yesterday, my throat is super sore and my nose is really stuffy. I tried gargling with salt water for my throat but that didn't help. Nose drops aren't helping ...

I'm having pains on the lower right side of my tummy?
Besides my appendix, what else could it be? It's not cramps, its a sharp pain.
I'm 19 and a smoker if that matters(i know, dont smoke, tisk tisk)...

K W
Why am I keep getting cold sore RIGHT after the first one cured?
I just got healed from a week's flu 2 weeks ago.

yearlyhour
you have STDs in your brain!

harranold
Rating
Cold sores are caused by a virus. Kill the virus and no more cold sore. Simple innit!

kindhearted
hepatitis ilk!

Jenn
Alot of the reason you would get one is from stress, foods with lots of acid (tomatos, grapefruits) or extreme cold or hot. I would suggest taking a supplement called Lysine. You can get it from Walmart for like 3 bucks with the vitamins. Take like 2-3 a day, make sure on an empty stomach! But that will make your cold sores go away in a matter of 3 or 4 days. I live by it when ever I get one.

deb
Rating
Go to the drug store and by some L-Lysine. Its a vitamin supplement. It will boost your immune system. Do you take any vitamins? Americans diets generally are crappy and we need to take vitamins .

lynnoso
Rating
,good luck, my daughter has suffered from this for year [herpes] she got this as a child ? ask your doctor for something, it will lessen the frequency of your break outs.

dearylou
Rating
I'd talk to your doctor-maybe a naturopathic one too. They will help you regulate an intake of supplements like L-lysine that will help boost your immune system. I think a temporarily weakened immune system is contributing to the frequency of your outbreak. FYI : cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus. http://www.kidshealth.org/kid/ill_injure/aches/cold_sores.html

Joanne A. W
Have it checked out, sounds like a virus that causes sores.

P.S.
Get a flu shot next year, they REALLY do work. You need a pneumonia shot every five years. They really do work too. :o)

I hope you are feeling much better.

jav904
that always happens to me i think a few pop up and then you are done or we both have problems lol

b r
Rating
Your immune system is down.

Don't worry.

Jenny
Rating
its probly your chapstick or something get a new one and dont pick at it

Shy
Well the reason Think that you are getting cold sores is because of what your eating. Because my best friend got a cold sore and it was because she ate to much peanuts

pooterilgatto
Rating
Go to the Health Food store, and get some Lysine tablets, it also comes in a cream. Use the tablets according to directions.
Then get corn in your diet, every day. Corn on the cob,Creamed corn in the can Popcorn. That should do it. Take some of the answers with "a grain of salt" You know they are funny

miseducatedchik
Well its stress dear. Try to relax take vitamin C and something for immune system its weak. U can also try burts bee products they are great and all natural.

nadia n
Rating
To get rid of this, place an ice-cube on affected area for as long as is comfortable.
The (herpes-symplex) virus which causes cold-sore lives in the nerves, and will retreat until a later time when you are
again feeling stressed and run-down.

Get Well Soon X

kay_flood
Rating
you have a depressed immune system.

Dorene M
Cold sores occure from places where it is windy. If you stay in a place where it's always windy the best thing for you is to keep putting medicated chap stick on. And another thing don't touch or irritate your sore. When you keep touching it, it'll only get worse.

B M
They spread easy. I get them when I am in the sun or run down. Now I get prescription medicine for them. So it makes them not spread and they go away faster.

So it may be you are still run down.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy