Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

What did bill clinton mean when he said he smoked but didnt inhale?

My hsuband (31) has a really bad throat, headache, very sore back and tingling hands. Temp39.5 and shivering?

How Can I Get Rid Of My Massive Headache????????????
okay, I just got it when I went to 6th period today at school. It's really hurting so bad and I can't even describe it how it feels now! It's too painful and I can't stop it! I ...

Migraine headaches?
Does anyone know how to relieve migraine headaches? I used to take tylenol but after many years of taking this, I think it has taken a toll on my liver. I get pains right in my liver area.I dont know ...

The more ibuprofen I take the less pain I will feel?
I have game today and I have a pulled lower back. The recommended dose is 2, but if I take 4 pills will it help even more?
Additional Details
Forgot to say that their 200 mg ...

Belly button ring?
I have had my belly button pierced for 3 months now and it still pusses. ive done research and seen that alot people have this problem but i still dont kno why it does it. people who are against ...

How do I get rid of a pinched nerve with out going to the doctor?
I've been having a sharp pain shooting from my hip to just below the knee. I am unemplooyed and have no insurance to be going to the doctor....

What can happen if you don't pay a hospital bill?
I went to the hospital with a really hard pain in my stomag (a rock in the kidney) they took 4 hours to attend me. they didn't to anything they just calm down the pain for a while, I spend two ...

Are spinal injections a good idea for neck pain?
I was rear-ended over 1 year ago and still have pain. I have neck pain that includes the upper back and shoulders some. Six months ago my doctor thought I should consider injections if it's not ...

Any suggestions on how to stop a migraine headache?
other than sleeping, turning off the lights, pills (I tried), noise reduction
I have an exam tomorrow evening and need to finish this last chapter so I would appreciate any help
Additional ...

Pain in my foot?
last night i felt a really sharp pain in my left foot. It feels like its going right from the toes down to the sole of my feet. Boy it sure hurts. I did not injure my foot doing anything - this pain ...

Head Trauma... please help, I'm in a lot of pain!?
Ok, well about 2 hours ago (April 18th, 2008), I hit my head on the floor really hard. It still hurts. I've taken asprin and I have an ice pack on it right now, but I am scared. Could I have ...

I'm scared of shots. what should I do?

Thigh pain after excercise..How to treat?
Hi,

I have started an excercise program and it hurt my thigh (back thigh). On Monday I started with 10 min walking. then I did leg extension and leg curl- 12/set and 3 sets. Yesterday I ...

I have wrist and hand pain and i dont know why?
my wrist and hand hurt and it does this about every 2 months or so and now it hurts worse than ever its like someone is knifes in my hand. also it hurts to hold things write or do nothing.
A...

What's wrong with me?
I tired.
I have stomach cramps (Side and lower stomach)
I can't stop eating.
I'm really pale.

I've been to the doctors but they just don't seem to help ...

I have a stomach ache! please help?
I ate more than I should have-yes I pigged out on two extra servings.hambergar helper! I took pepto, but Im still getting cramps. what else is good for this?...

What is something to do on the computer that kills time?
I am at school so there may be a fire wall but we have like 15 min left of 3rd hour so.......

Any good pain medicine?
have headache,dehhydrated. Help!...

Am I going to fall asleep if I take 2 vikoden (yes it's perscription) before I go to school?
I'm really sore, usually I take it before I go to bed. Never took it before school. I just don't wanna fall asleep. Should I be ok or should I take motrin instead?...

smiley102
Which is better, cold or hot compresses to treat pain of arthritis in neck?

Chris
Rating
Definitely hot.
Cold is for bruises and pain.

The best hot compress for the neck is a "wheat bag" put in the microwave for about five minutes.
They are great because they fold around you.

Ms.Hockey!
Rating
I would go with hot. It helps loosen up the stiffness and it also sooths the pain!

Personal experience I'm 22 with really bad rheumatoid arthritis!

I do care!
We get asked this question often.

Heat is best as it get's the cirrculation going a bit more in that area.

But cool can help ease the pain of swollen joints by reducing them.

Really it is an individual prefrence.

If you find heat works better. Do that. Cold. Do that.

teena662002
Rating
heat is better... I have arthritis in my neck and cold tends to make it feel worse, the heat sooths its. As a matter of fact I have heat on my neck right now! It feels great! I get bad headaches with mine and the heat helps that too!

murrayc
Rating
use heat

dumplingmuffin
Rating
hot, do not use cold

sandra k
hot will loosen it up and really get the blood flowing...

Miss Pastry
You can get these lavender heat sacks which are like long bean bags, you put them in the microwave for 3 mins and they last ages. I use them and put them round my neck and they feel nice. I would suggest it with your condition

PIXXIE
I use hot it
it also relaxes me so I'm not as tense in my neck ......... which when your tense in your neck it spreads down back, shoulders and up into head

just my experience

Cyroose
The rule of thumb is that for acute, recent injuries such as sprains etc you apply cold to the injury. With old injuries or pain such as arthritis, you use heat. However, it is not guaranteed to work as different people find relief from different remedies.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy