Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

Bad headache, any one know the cause?
I have a headache that feels a bit like a brainfreeze since I woke up about an hour ago. My body feels very very hot and I cant go to sleep. My hands cant stop shaking either. Any one know what is ...

Why cant children go to a regular doctor they have to go to a pedatrician instead?
why is that?...

Sciatica :(?
I have sciatica down my left side, it hurts like hell!!! need some remedies for it, not into taking prescription drugs, so any other ideas? it radiates into my *** and then shoots into the top of my ...

Why do I get headaches hours before an impending storm?

I have a headache all the time..how can i take care of it for good?
i have a severe headache alot, like say 5 out of 7 days all day long, especially in my eyes..migraine meds dont work. nothing does.. its gotten to the point where if i have to leave my house, the ...

What is Cramp?
What is cramp and what causes it?...

My neck hurts and is stiff. what should i do?
Hello. Yesterday at the beach i hurt my neck, and its been very stiff since then. I can't tilt my head to the left side or even straight up. It just hurts. And i have baseball practice today so ...

My tooth hurts! How to stop the pain?
I bit into a tiny little tortilla and now my tooth is killing me. I went to the orthodontist today and they tightened my wires and did a bunch of stuff (i have braces). anyway.
It really hurts. T...

Chest pains and Arm pains?
Hi,
im 16 and on the pill... since i have been on it i have had quite bad chest pains.

Last night I woke up with it...i was in agony! It was accomponied with a headache and feeling ...

Can u get headaches for not eating?

Getting rid of heartburn?
i am on an antibiotic & an iron pill. i have severe heartburn almost all of the time. while on these meds i can not take antacids. what home ready can i use to get rid of the heartburn?...

I had headach for six months and nausea no doctor can find out does can anybody help me!?

Additional Details
i did mri chiropractor eye doctor allergy doctor i been in the hospital 14 times checked for meningitis they did all the blood test for rare disease and i still have ...

Cat is driving me CRAZY waking me up in the middle of the night.?
She is clawing the headboard and the window and knocking over everything on my nightstand and chewing my lampshade and everything I leave sitting around, bills, letters, books. I have to bring my ...

What is normal blood pressue?

What is the most painful household incident you can think of?
Because I just stepped on an upturned plug!!! ouch!!!...

How can i get rid of neck pain fast?
Its christmas eve and my neck is killing me what i way to get holiday spirit?...

What is sciatica? and can it be cured?
I get this tingling burning sensation when I walk. I have been told this is sciatica. I would like some more information on it please. T...

Are muscle spasms due from a car accident ?
I was involved in a car accident 2 weeks ago. I am having muscle spasms in my neck and CONSTANT headaches, Is it due from the car accident....

Can you mix paracetamol and asprin?
With paracetamol you need to leave four hours between doses. However, I'm told there is no problem with taking ibuprofen and paracetamol simultaneously.

Is it the same with asprin? ...

I have morphine and methedone to choose from, which should i take? and i'm in no pain at all by the way!?
I just took 2 yellow norco (hydrocodone 10/350) and 2 mg of xanax. I want to feel relaxed!...

klovee
When and what is it safe to eat after throwing up?
I threw up about 5 times lastnight then later today threw up about 3. By now im pretty hungry cause i havent been able to keep anything down. i had some crackers this morning but threw those up. and ive been drinking water. my stomache still feels pretty weak so i was wondering whats safe to eat.

any help is greatly appreciated!

Zoozy
If you can keep the water down try some more saltines or soda crackers. The next step would be beef or chicken broth, plain toast dry, plain cooked white rice, jello. Stay away from spices, milk products and heavy meats for a few days. Sounds like you had the 24-hour flu? Ugh, I hope you feel better soon. I always land in the hospital for dehydration and this is the diet they put me on for a week after getting out.

born_to_ramble
Rating
I usually try the cracker thing too (soda crackers), but if you can't keep it down I'd keep with the water until you're ready to try the crackers again.

Don't try eating anything too fast. Try a bit, and let it sit for a while and see if you can keep it down. If it stays down, eat a bit more, and so on.

If you still haven't managed to eat anything for several days you should go see a doctor so you don't start starving yourself. You can last a bit longer without seeing someone if you're managing to keep the fluids down (water), but if you still haven't had anything with substance to it, you should go get it checked out.

crazycamper13
you are throwing up a good amount so i would drink some FLAT sierra mist 7 up something like that....it might sounds gross and that but you need to get sugars back into your system so you wont get dehydrated....i would try sipping on that for awhile and if you can keep that down try to eat a lil bit of toast with a little bit of butter.....
get better soon : ]

**kia**
Rating
eat bread

miltonchick
Rating
First of all let me say I am sorry to hear that you are sick.

Whenever I am sick and throwing up I try to keep my intake light. I like to sip a little on some chicken/beef bouillon broth. I also sip a little on Sprite/7UP. Once I get that to stay down w/o feeling like its going to come right back up I start to snack a little. Sometimes I do a slice of toast with a little bit of butter and other times I try some crackers. Also I like to nibble on some pudding or jello but not a whole lot. Just a few bites.

I hope what I do helps you. Everybody is different so what works for me might not necessarily work for you but hopefully at least you'll get some ideas.

I hope you get to feeling better. If not go to the doctor it could be more than just an upset stomach. The last time I threw up as much as you did I had the stomach flu and needed medicine.

randy m
Rating
my ma always said sip on water and don't eat something, just snack on it.

MiniSunshine
Hope u feel better.

Dry toast, crackers, tea (no milk, little sugar ok) clear soups (broths) & PLENTY of clear fluids.

~soon to be mommy~
try some dry toast or a little butter on toast. try 7up or chicken noodle soup also. jello would be good too. anything kinda bland, your stomach will like better after being upset.

OMG!
Rating
My doctor always told me to sip on water, if you are keeping that down try popsicles, then try chicken soup, next saltine crackers and then white rice.

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon...

SpaGirl
Rating
Chicken broth, saltine crackers, ice, jello-o, 7up & other things that are really light & easily digested. Rice pudding is what my mom makes for us when we are sick.
Hope you feel better soon.

Char
Rating
If you're young and healthy, you can eat anything. When I was sick in my 20's or teens, I would just eat as my appetite dictated. Usually, I would "pig out" after throwing up, since I was starving from all the vomiting. But of course, I waited until I felt better. Your appetite is a good indicator of that. If your appetite isn't there yet, in full force, just much on something dry (toast or crackers), and make sure you're not dehydrated. Drink clear liquids, like chicken broth, flat 7-up, gatorade. Good luck!

snowrider336
dont eat or drink ANYTHING for 2 hours after vomititg. then start by sipping water...a sip every few mins. next u can try bananas, rice (plain white), applesauce, toast (this is the BRAT diet) avoid dairy products and acidy foods (soup) till u get a little bit better. hope u get feeling better!

Geenahh
Clear liquids, i.e., jello, tea, juice, broth.
Then the BRAT diet
Bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast.
Eat small amounts slowly to see if you can hold it down.
Call your doctor in the am. You need fluids and some anti-emetic medication.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy