Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

I know advil says only 2 peels but if your in alot of pain and it's not working, would 2 or 3 more hurt?
I'm not the kind to wan to hurt my body, but sometimes I don't feel it's working. Would it be wrong or would it bad for my body to take a few more than said. Not alot more (not 8) but ...

Whats good for back ache?
got worse after having children .what can i do to streghthen my ...

Earache from swimming?
i have an earache in both ears and i think its been because ive been swimming alot and ive been floating in the water and my ears have been underwater alot. is there anything i can do to make them go ...

If you get stabbed with a knife?
I am just curious because i hear about so many people on TV getting stabbed and stuff so i am wondering how much does it hurt?

Like let say i get stabbed where my abs are how much would it ...

This is no Joke...Ive got a pain in my butt!?
Right in my crack...almost to where it starts near my back. It hurts to sit unless i sit straight up. I cant lean back a little. hurts pretty bad. As funny as it sounds I checked it out in the mirror....

Migraine worries help?
can anyone help?
i have suffered from migraine since i was a child, as it got worse as ive got older.!
its getting me down and effecting my life, i will get a migraine attack come on by ...

Ow... I burnt my tounge... How can I get it to stop hurting?

Why do people prefer taking the lift over stairs?
I fail to understand why people waste a lot of their time waiting for the lift when they can not only save time and electricity but also get some exercise by using the ...

Would would happen to a person if they took pain killers without needing them?
like someone who takes them without having physical pain....

I have the worst stomach ache! Please Hurry!?
I have a horrible stomach ache. I know a lot of times that if you have a stomach ache and you throw up that it makes you feel a lot better. The problem is I can't make myself throw up. Can ...

How can I sooth my sore throat?
I need tips on how to sooth a sore throat with out having to go to the doctor's office. Any tips?...

Do you ever get a worried feeling inside even if there's nothing to worry about?
just randomly?...

I need help this hurts so bad!!?
last night before i went to bed and when i woke up this morning i had the worst sore throat ever!! it hurts soooo bad its bugging me and its almost unbearable!! i know i can get medicine but is there ...

What can I try to relieve constipation??
What types of food should I consume to allow me to become more regular, other than fruit??

Thanks.
Additional Details
I currently take probiotic tablets, but they dont seem to ...

What is the cause of pins and needles in the body?

I got a headache what do i do?

Waking up with a numb feeling in my hand?
Help my hand feels numb every time i wake up. I'm not laying on it. Dose anybody have an idea what that could mean?...

What is wrong with my leg?
I am 16 years old and I skateboard sometimes 9 hours a day. This last week, I have severe pain in my upper thigh and hip. It hurts when I lift it. Sometimes I have to use my hands to lift my leg so I ...

What should we do if a 2 year old accidentally swallowed 2 tablets of tums?

What is wrong with me?
ok if i go sit down on the tiolet and i push/strain something comes out.
but its not pee.
it comes up like dirty lookin water and is smells bad....

Allyssa N
What can I drink to help my soar throat ?
Well my throat started hurting a little last night but I though it would go away so I ignored it . Today , it hurts so much worse and I have no idea what to do about it !!! My friend told me to goggle vinegar and hot water , but my other friend told me that that idea will only make it worse ....so who's right and who's wrong ? And then someone else told me to goggle salt water ... but I'm not sure if that would help and I definately don't want to make the soar throat any worser than it is !!

Also is there anything I can drink to make it better ? And I know this is a long question but I really need help !!

LittleBarb
warm salt water, ICE COLD WATER, go to a doctor...

loveforever_xo
Rating
gargle with warm water and salt. then eat popsicles.

javadic
Look in a mirror at your mouth and your throat. If you have a fever, OR there's even a hint of a white patch, go to the ER. You can gargle with warm salt water, then spit it out, don't swallow it. It is soothing.

Freakgrl2004
Hot tea with honey!

Shyne
Rating
Salt And Water Than A Nice Cup Of Honey Lemon Tea.

Jyoti Sambare(Ayurveda Pura Ltd)
Hello there,

By now you have received plenty of remedies, which should work, depending on the cause of the soar throat.

I would also recommend changing your tooth brush if you havent so in a few months.

Strep Throat can also cause severe soar throats and one of the precautions is to change your tooth brush every 2-3 months at least, though recommendations would be every month.

Hope you feel better soon.

Take care!

Thanks,
Best,
Jyoti Sambare

sneaky
Rating
as they are saying, warm salt water... and also try hot tea with honey in it

Juliet
Forget the vinegar - it's acidic and will hurt your throat.

Gargling with very warm (not hot) salty water will help your throat a lot!

I find what's really soothing is drinking hot tea with honey. If you have a spoon of honey alone it coats your throat and makes you feel better. Hard candies are good too.

If you don't feel better by tomorrow - and if you run a fever - call the doctor. You might have strep or tonsillitis and might need antibiotics.

Hope you feel better!!!

Hello Everybody!!!!
definetally gargle with saalt water it always works for me..,... it really tastes bad though. and make sure its hot water. hope this helps []^)

Chris B
Rating
The only remedy that has ever helped me was to gargle gently with warm salt water any time I felt it come back. There is nothing you can drink to help it and if it persists, see a doctor.

buckskinbabydoll♥
Rating
Hot tea (herbal, I prefer mint tea), and Halls lozenges.

"Angel"
Warm salt water gargle helps but so does the vingar
Also drink nice warm things like tea to help soothe it
Also take in alot of vitamin C, airborne is good to take too or some ricola or zinc losenges do help it to go away quicker if it doesnt disappear after a few days it may be strep or something that needs a dr to look into

mia2kl2002
I like Cepacol sore throat spray. Makes it feel better instantly.

Sarah J
chicken soup or nice tea

KAT M
WELL JUST DRINK LOTS OF WATER AND JUICE

CherryCheri
Rating
Gargle with warm salt water ,use a throat lozenge, and take some asprin.

Virginia V
gargel warm water salt and vinager......drink lots of water and juice....no milk or dairys eat some toast and popsicles and also eat grapes

Barry C
certainly is "that" time of year again! Many of us aren't strangers to the typical symptoms, such as coughs, colds, fevers, stuffy noses, aching head and body. That's the bad news. The good news is that there are some simple natural home remedies you can make using ingredients that are probably already in your refrigerators or pantries. Remember to see a doctor to make sure you aren't seriously ill and to make sure you are using these plants safely. You may also want to consult with a herbalist.

Lemons:Mixed with a little honey and hot water, lemons help soothe sore throats. For fevers, my grandmother used to squeeze a little lemon juice in a dish of cold water and apply it to my forehead with a washcloth. It is also gives you some added vitamin C to help your immune system.

Honey: Excellent for sore throats and coughs. You can take it plain, one teaspoonful at a time or mix it with some hot water and lemon.

Garlic:One of my favorite cough and cold remedies involves garlic. Chop and peel five garlic cloves. Cover with a half a cup of honey. Mix in a little cayenne pepper or ginger. Let sit for at least an hour. Take one teaspoonful as needed.

Cayenne pepper: Used in small amounts, cayenne pepper helps your immune system. Add it to food or make the garlic/honey recipe. It also helps keep you warm if you have a chill.

Chamomile tea: Chamomile is commonly used to help you relax and sleep. It is also good for stomach problems and fevers. Don't use if you are allergic to ragweed. Also don't use in large amounts if you are pregnant (more than two cups a day).

Peppermint tea: This is one of my favorite herbs to use, especially when my sinuses are all blocked up. You can either drink it, or put a few tea bags in your bath water. Don't use in large amounts if pregnant.
Ginger: One of my favorite teas to drink when I feel chilled and tired from a cold or the flu is ginger tea. Cut off a one-inch piece of the fresh root and peel it. Grate it into a mug and pour one cup of boiling water. Let it stand for five minutes. You can season it with honey if you want. This is also a good tea for stomach problems.

Thyme: This is one of my favorite herbs to use when I have a cough. To use, prepare a tea with one cup of the dried herb and one cup hot water. Let it steep for fifteen minutes. Strain out the herb and sweeten with honey if needed. Store it in the refrigerator and take one teaspoon every hour as needed. Only use this remedy for a day or two.

Oregano:This is also used for coughs and colds. Prepare it the same way as thyme.

Sage: Sage is a classic sore throat remedy. Prepare the same as thyme and oregano. You can either drink it or gargle with it depending on your preference. Sage is also good for fevers.

Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a remedy that may help your immune system. Add small amounts of the powder to food. You can also add the powder or a cinnamon stick to an herbal tea.

stormy4
Rating
you can gargle warm salt water... also drink warn tea with honey and lemon if you have it. hope you feel better soon. but if you start running a fever see a doctor.

b3nzin
try a nice hot cup of tea with lemon and honey

ivillage4women
Sore throats are often caused by a virus. There are hundreds of different cold viruses. What's worse, many of them routinely alter themselves, posing new threats at every turn. With no cure in sight, the same remedies administered by our forebears remain our first line of defense: chicken soup, hot lemonade, tea with honey. None of these will cure a cold, but anything that eases the agony even temporarily is just what the doctor ordered.

More information -- take a look!
http://health.ivillage.com/everdayprobs/0,,rdigest_7qt4gcw0,00.html

David M
Rating
A hot cup of tea with some honey in it will help.
Gargling with salt water helps wash out the throat as well, but the tea soothes.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, August 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy