Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

Why does it hurt when i breath?
For the past 2 days, whenever i take a deep breath or even breath normally my lungs feel very sore and at times hurts VERY BAD. I have been working out really hard latley and changing my diet. Does ...

I burnt the roof of my mouth?
about a week ago i ate some extramly hot food and burt almost the whole roof of my mouth, now all along my teeth is sore and i think maybe blisterd, its been a week and i cant eat or drink anything ...

What can i do for my head?
i get headaches a lot some times migranes like i be fine and all a suden i get a headache what do i ...

I have a back ache?
my back of my neck and almost all the way down to the middle to my spine! what can i use or do to make it feel better......

What pain chronic pain relievers can u use if allegic to codeine?
I am allergic to codeine and hydrocodone. Can someone suggest a long term pain reliever that may work?...

What's on my neck? Big red lump?
Ouch. What is this? :(

http://img482.imageshack...

Horrible headaches!!?
i sometimes get these really horrible headaches, they're not bad enough to be migrains but they're horrible. it's usually around hte sinus area or in the back of my head (especially if ...

My throat is bleeding!!!!!!?
i got my tonsills out october 3rd. they have hurt since then...but i woke up about an hour ago choking on blood. my throat has been bleeding since. im spitting out the blood but this is awful. i dont ...

What is the best medicine FOR THE BACK PAIN?

TENS pain management?
I was wondering if anyone has had the TENS pain management unit installed in them. After almost 4 years of none stop pain in my left arm and shoulder and being on differnt types of medications, the ...

Long-term CODEINE use...? Is there any way to stop/alleviate bowel damage due to this? (Rather long Q!)?
I have been taking codeine 30mg, for over 10 years due to the pain of 'endometriosis' and have suffered with the associated bowel problems because of this. I have only been able to cut ...

I have sunburn, and it pains me, i can't even touch it w/o it hurting, what are some solutions?
It's around my shoulders/top chest area, as well as my upper back

it hurts to touch it

i've been using this aloe cream,w hich doesn't seem to help at ...

I have a headache that sort of hurts behind my eyes. Does this sound more like sinus or mirgraine? If I close?
my eyes and try to look left or right, I have a more annyoing ache too. I don't know if I need sinue meds or something for mirgraine. Any idea?...

Pains in chest?
I am having pains in the left hand side of my chest, they are quite sharp. I also have a pain from my shoulder right down my arm, not sure if they are connected but am just getting very worried....

What will happen if i mix an tylenol and coffee?

What can I do to minimize wrist pain?
I'm on the computer 8 hours a day, primarily for work. I've started to notice my wrist tightens or locks up on meafter I've been on the computer for a while. It hurts! I'll stop ...

Backache problem?
I've had a backache for over a month now, not bad enough to keep me down but just plain annoying. My question is since my back has been bothering me it seems like I have been very tense, just ...

Something weird happened last night?
i was just going to bed and i had a really bad headache, then suddenly i passed out! it was really weird.

has this happened to anyone? my head is hurting now that i woke up. ugh
A...

Can someone please give me a quick response?
i have been in severe pain for @ least 3 wks now. i have no insurance. i have taken tons of ibuprophen , that didnt do a thing after using it so much. naproxen worked a LITTLE for a short period. a ...

I need a good headache cure!?
Anyone have any home remedies?? I took some pain pills... that didnt help.
Additional Details
I took 2 motrin over an hour ago... and no im not going to the doc at 12:30 am... I would ...

Katrina S
What can I do while in an MRI machine?
I heard you have to stay perfectly still, but considering i am getting it done on my knees can i still move my hands? Also, will I be able to apply chapstick? I have to apply chapstick atleast 4 times an hour as my lips get extremely chapped extremely fast. What do I do to pass the time? I have grinding in my knees so that's what I am getting the MRI done on. If I want out, will they listen to me if I tell them to let me out?
Additional Details
I'm 16, so chances are they aren't going to give me a prescription for valium just for one time. Also I just got done accutane so my lips are wrecked so thats basically why I need to apply chapstick alot. And I have insurance so I'm not paying for any of this anyways to the person who said it costs 2grand for an MRI scan. Otherwise, thanks for the tips everyone. I hope they put me in feet first that would only make sense.

Red Terror.
one of the better things to do is to sing at the top of your lungs. it really annoys the people on the other end of the console...their reactions are justy priceless. about three months ago one of my girlfriends friends told me to get my head looked at cuz i was being weird, so i humored her and went to do an mri.
i came out with no signs of abnormalities...to the amazement of the docs.

81 Honda
Rating
Yes, they will let you out. If you don't like small spaces, you know like you were getting buried alive, you should ask the doctor that called for the test to write you a small script for an anxiety pill or something..I've had two, the first one I had no medicinal help, that was horrid, the second, I had to stop cuz I started to freak out a little, then I came back with some meds and I was golden

TONY C
Meditate.

Rachel
Rating
Yes you have to be very still and the MRI Tech will be able to hear you if you need to come out. Some places have head phones so you can listen to music. Otherwise just close your eyes and try to think or focus on something else.

You can probably wiggle your fingers if you need to, but you probably won't be able to apply chapstick. Try putting vaseline on your lips before you go in. By the way chapstick isn't good. The more you put on the more you need it. Try to find a different way to moisten them. I know vaseline is kind of goopy and grose.

Samantha D
Rating
i got an MRI done last year and they play music while your in there . just put alot of vasilene on so your lips stay moist

Randy K
Rating
I do these procedures all the time. First, you should go in feet first for a knee so you can slowly move your hands to avoid any movement of your lower extremities. You can ask your doctor for a Valium to take a hour before. This helps people relax but you will not be able to drive.

gimeabrak2000
Rating
Yes they can hear you, many ppl get claustrophobic and if you think you will call the Dr's office who ordered the test and tell them
they will give you an prescription for Valium or something similar
some of these MRI places have headphones where you listen to music, call them and ask if they don't ask if you can bring your ipod etc.
even if it is for your knees you have to be complete still.
forget about the chap stick you can live without out it for 10 minutes.
Also i keep my eyes closed and pretend I am somewhere else like laying on a beach, or just think of something that makes you happy.
this test is important so, don't worry about your lips etc, the test really doesn' t last that long.
and if you call out to let you out before the test is done, you will just have to do it again. and your insurance company could bill you for the full amount of the 2ed one.
good luck

ROADRUNNER
Rating
If you are getting an MRI of the knees you will not be totally enclosed in the machine and you will not be in it for an hour. There is also an open MRI machine but I believe the results are not as clear. Don't worry about it - its not bad at all.

grandmadarcy
Lay still.

Dr. J. Argon M.D.
Just sleep. You really can't bring anything in or anything. And depending on how long it takes, you may just have ot deal with chapped lips for a while.

Just think about life and sleep or soemthing.

mygerbileatspreps
they might put you in feet first because of that, and i've only had MRIs on my head, so i dont know what to tell you.....but i think you'll be able to deal without chapstick for a half an hour. trust me, i know chapstick.

Kerbachard! The Insane! ™ ©
well,considering the cost of an MRI hits the two grand plus range, and a false reading caused by your moving may cause the doctor to miss something, or create a false impression in the wrong area, I suggest staying up or what ever it takes to be sleepy.

also, tell the X-ray people about your lip problem.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy