Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

I'm addicted to pain pills. Where I start to stop taking them?
serious answers only pls....

Are ibuprofen 800 mg the same as vicodin? Do they give you the same effect?

I have water in my ear?
I was wondering I know we all have the same question and I am sure I may get the same response, but I went swimming about 2days ago. I dont have benefits so I cant go to a doctor. So I have to use ...

I have pain in my back passage any ideas?
my son is 9 years old and suffers from pain inside his back passage,he also said he feels itchy,does anyone know what this could be....

Back problems?!?
My boyfriend has recntly been suffering with back pains which are quite severe. We do'nt know how they started, but have gradually been getting worse. The pain is in his lower back, slightly to ...

Pain under my ribs when i breath in and out?
I have had a cough and for a few days i am getting a sharp pain just under my rib cage when i breath in and out or cough someone said i may have pulled a muscle or cracked a rib could i have really ...

If i have a drug test 12 hours after taking an opiate will it show up?

How do you cure cramps?!?!?
I had it all day yesterday and im still having it!
I woke up about 3 times lastnight because of it!
Ive tried Green Tea, chocolate, and reg. water!
How do i stop the pain!??!...

I have head pain in my forehead region when I cough, sneeze or bend over, hurts bad....?
I'm thinking it's sinus pressure. Any ideas and any suggestions on what I can take to make this go away? Been going on for sometime now. Thanks for any help....

What is officially the most painful ailment/condition?
And what is the worst pain you ever felt?

Mine is period pain....

Migranes.............?
it's runs in our family, I have one a year about know. Im kinda waiting for the signs. What triggers yours and how intence are they, The one I have is almost like a mini-stroke,im unable to take ...

How can I eliminate Leg cramps?
I'm having severe leg cramps every day when I am trying to sleep.And I don't know why. Any suggestions?...

Help needed.. i took 9 asprin and 2 nurofen?
im 16, 55kg and about 6 hours ago took 9 asprin tablets and 2 nurofen.. yes i was very stupid.. i no.. but now my friend is telling me im going 2 die.. what do i ...

How bad will this injection hurt?
:i am getting an injection at school next friday for polio. diptheria and tenatus. i am a skinny guy.how bad will it ...

How can I rid myself of headaches w/o meds?
I suffer from frequent headaches, but I can't take over the counter pain relievers because they interfere with my anti-inflammatory medication....

15 year old with back pain.?
Hey, this may seem weird, but I'm 15 years old, I don't play sports, and sadly im pretty lazy, so I don't do much physical activity. About two weeks ago, my lower back started hurting ...

Why do people stretch in the morning the way they do?
when you wake up in the morning, how do you stretch? I've noticed in the morning when I do it I curl up my hands and put them behind my head and distort my body in almost a fetal position only ...

Anyone ever been on morphine and whats it like?
did it relieve pain and did allow you to think clearly?...

Heartburn hell?
I have the worst heartburn ever! I've taken loads of Gaviscon and it isn't helping. The pain is severe in my chest but goes into my back and shoulder. Please has anyone got any remedies ...

Migraine Sufferer - please help?
A friend of mine suffers from migraines (especially early morning ones) and currently uses 'Migraleve' which is pretty effective.

But she was wondering whether there was any ...

kchick8080
What's the best thing to cure/ease the discomfort of mouth ulcers??

yahooyahooyahoo
Rating
Bonjela and all the stuff you can buy from the chemists are all good and another idea is to take an antacid tablet(like pepcid chewable). It coats the mouth and covers the ulcer so it doesnt feel so sore.

Richard K
Rating
Eat ice cream...........

redbarc04
Rating
Gargling salt water
Gargling and swallowing solubale paracetmol and rinsing with iced water before a meal
Pastilles and gels that are avaliable from chemists. Most people think of bonjela but the are alot of brandsthat are better out here.
eating licorice.
If you are getting them alot or all the time, you should consider your changing your diet. This should be rich in vitamin C from fresh fruit, Vitamin B from bread, milk and potatoes, Iron from red meat and green veg (leafy) and zinc from seafood and cererals.
You should also visit the dentist every 6 months and avoid stressful situations.

Duke75
Rating
Bonjela

shelagh.medic.t21@btinternet.com
Rating
Ouch!! Yep, Bonjella is what I've found best. Some people use TCP but I don't fancy that.

embellishment3
Rating
Gargle your mouth out regularly with warm water and some salt in it.

teddy
Bonjela is very good, cools as well gets rids of the infection.

j2frw
Rating
bonjella

Rolyn R
Rating
Ambesol....much more effective than Bonjela.

Chris
Salt water. Jobs done in no time.

n34smith
Rating
oraldene mouthwash

Kate S
salt water- its disgusting but it does the job!

John L
American Orabase is great because it contains benzocaine but my doctor once reccomended a little swig of something alcoholic and swirl it around your mouth (then you can swallow it)

A♥
I always gargle with salt water, it stings like mad though! and then I use bonjela.

Also, holding an ice cube against it helps, ulcers are weak against the cold.

Works a treat!

des
bonjella is quite good but if you dont like jelly in your mouth you can buy rinstead pastiles
salt water gets rid of the infection but deosnt ease the pain

pariah
Rating
stop telling fibs..

bugaboo
Rating
Gargle salt water to speed recovery, and bonjela..

Hansolo
Rating
Chocolate works for me. Put a piece of good chocolate in your mouth, let it melt and spread it with your tongue over the area.

Nigel
Bonjela is good!

LisaC123
Rating
i get them a lot. and they rate annoy me. i usually get them on my tongue and i get a egg cup and fill it with water. then put some salt in it. then i stick my tongue in the water for like 30 secs. i do that twice a day and it clears up.

Daisuke
Rating
Take a small piece of ice, wet it and apply on the ulcer. Apply it directly on the sore for 10 seconds, remove and wait for 3 sec then apply again. Repeat for 5 minutes and do it every hour.

The mouth ulcer is herpes and it is weak against cold. So if you do this when the sore is starting it will not spread or get any bigger. The ulcer will start healing faster and ease the pain.

No need to spend money on drugs or use chemicals.

Here are some other home remedies:
* Swab the ulcers with Milk of Magnesia
* Make a paste of baking soda and water; apply directly to the ulcers
* Make a mix of half milk of magnesia and half Benadryl, and hold in the mouth for up to 3 minutes
* Alum applied three to four times in a twelve hour period will cause the sore to fall off and let the mouth heal entirely.
* Rubbing alcohol on a q-tip works, but is painful at first contact.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy