Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

Have u given birth to a baby?
and not taken any pain medication by choice.
Additional Details
and would u do it that way ...

My mom has severe leg cramps. What could be the cause (and cure)?
She says it's like a severe, long-lasting charley horse. But it's not just the calf. It's actually in the front, down to the ankle where it bends (in front), and her toes curl up. I...

Pin needles in hands shooting pains up arms. blood tests clear?

How do i get rid of tennis elbow?

Hemorrhoids problem, serious replies only please?
Ok, please no jokes. I have a problem with hemorrhoids which has been ongoing for years. The problem has gotten worse than ever and the pain is unbearable. One of the vessels is swollen and beet red ...

For the past week I have had a severe cold with awful back pain.?
When I cough I bring up great lumps of yellow mucus. I am seventy year old male, quite healthy, I cycle everywhere, do my own shopping etc. Can some one please explain the symptoms, cause and cure....

I have this pain...?
It started out this afternoon on my right pelvic side. It came and went. I didn't have any pain though for a few hours, and I suddenly just stood up and I had the pain again but it moved up to ...

Does a tetanus shot hurt?
i has to get 1 ...

I recently got my braces tightened and my teeth feel really sore. What should i do to ease the pain?

Eyes twicthing, headaches, eyes hurt when looking at stuff?
hello everyone due to my last question about eyes twitching, i have a constant headache and i find it hard to look at things without my eyes hurting, can anyone give us a clue what is up with me, ...

What causes frequent leg cramps?
You know, the kind that feels like all the muscles are bunching in the calf of your leg...happens to me quite a bit during the night....

What pain killers can I rotate to take them for a short period of time?
I have dental pain - which is quite possibly an infection, but can't see the dentist until after the weekend.

What pain killers can I continually take to relieve the pain - and can I ...

Do Dr's in the E.R. tend to give placebo's for pain?
I ask this because I was in the E.R. over the weekend and my back was hurting. The nurse gave me a shot for the pain and told me it would work in 10 mins. A half-hour later she came in and asked if ...

Anyone ever had cramp in their ear?
i mean, real bad pain/aching where you have cartiliage?
i get it when i have a good nights sleep! i must sleep in one position all night and not move, but i must lie in the wrong position.... ...

Numbness, please help im freaking out!!?
The lower part of my arm has been numb for the past few days especially when i press on one specific area on the elbow. What could this mean?...

How bad does it hurt on a scale 1 to 10?

Help with my mom?
we go to doctor alot and she never feels good and they give her med and they dont help, what do i do next if doctor cant find the cause of stomach diarrea and dizzyness and falling alot. please help ...

Does anyone get crippled when their calf cramps up and they try to walk it out?
I mean like you have to hold onto the wall to walk or you just can't walk or you have to get someone to help you walk ...

My one year old has a ear ache, do you know any safe home remedies for relief?

Can my doctor give me a prescription for a years supply of meds?
I am going to work overseas on a one year contract, that is the reason ...

Alex T
Taking Vicodin with Ibuprofen, safe?
At same time. 800MG of Ibuprofen, and 750mg of Hydrocodone (vicodin)

I was wondering since I just got all four impacted wisdome teeth out, and I'm in pain. I have 2 dry sockets.. I'm nearly in tears here. When I take the vicodin, I still feel the inflamed pain, which I know ibuprofen would get rid of. I'm just warry of taking both at the same time. Please help ASAP :'(
Additional Details
Edit: Just to add, the 800MG dose was perscribed by my doctor. (Oral surgeon). I just don;t remember him saying anything about mixing the two.

tikitupurrs
That is not a safe dose of ibuprofen. You don't want to take more then 400 mg of ibuprofen more then every 6 hours. You can take the ibuprofen with the vicoden, just make sure you are not overdosing on either of them.
good luck..

Janice M
If you are unsure and in pain, call your doctors answering service tonight. (that why they have an on-call service.)

Concerning, drug interactions,there are three drugs there. Ibuprofen, hydrocodone, and tylenol. They all act differently to control the pain. Working by different mechanisms they work together and don't interact. Ibuprofen at this dose decreases swelling in addition to helping the pain. Vicodin only controlls the pain and does not stop the swelling.

800 mg three times a day is a large dose. IF you have kidney problem or ulcers talk to your doctor.

Again, to be safe, call your docotor tonight if you are in pain.

gtrplayer5555
I think you are fine, as long as you alternate every two hours. If I were you, I would take the Vicodin ES first, and wait a couple of hours. And then take the Motrin. Why in the hell didn't your oral surgeon prescribe Vicoprofen? It is a much better drug for tooth pain. It contains 7.5mg of hydrocodone and 200mg of Ibuprofen. That being said, you could take the Vicoprofen plus 3 200 mg tablets and be in much better shape. I have always been told that the rule is to switch every two hours between tylenol and motrin. But, do yourself a favor and call and ask your dentist for some Vicoprofen instead, even offer to have the Vicodin ES returned to the office so he/she knows you are not playing games with them. It truly is a much better medicine.

dr. JJ
take one or the other, but not both at the same time. and FYI, 800mg ibuprofen is fine (commonly prescribed to be taken 3 times a day, no more than 2400mg total in 24 hrs) as long as you don't have any other health problems like an ulcer.

Vicm0322
Rating
I take the Lortab 7.5 and my doctor told me to take the 800mg of Ibuprofen with them. You can't take as many of the Ibuprofens. I find the ibuprofen to be a much better pain reliever when it comes to just regular tooth pain, but in your situation it sounds like you need both. If your doctor prescribed both of them, he probably meant for you to take both. If he didn't, call and ask him if it would be ok. Better safe than sorry. Make sure you eat something before taking either, both can be real hard on the stomach and you sure don't need that now. Feel better soon.

nicole l
Rating
its okay i do it all the time one is a anti inflammatory the vicodin is for pain they work well together

Pegasus90
Rating
Stay very wary. Get a doctor's advice first. Or wait until the Vicodin is out of your system before taking the Ibuprofen.

kerrberr95
Rating
Check with your doctor on this one. I think it's ok but I'm not too sure. Just stay away from Tylenol. Hydrocodone has it in already and you could accidentally overdose if you take it. With ibuprofen should be ok though, like I said, to be safe, check with your doctor first.

Serinity4u2find
Rating
Vicodin and Ibuprofen together are alright. You can't take anything that has tylenol or aspirin in it with vicodin. They gave you the ibuprofen for swelling and the vicodin for pain. Be careful about vicodin. It can make you naseaus because it's not coated and it can make you wired or really sleepy depending on the person.

Nik
Yes, it's safe. First of all, I feel your pain regarding the wisdom teeth, I went through the same thing this summer. I had knee surgery last winter, and I was told to take the vicodin as well as ibuprofin, so it actually is safe. The only thing you have to be careful of is your stomach. Make sure you have something in there before you take the pills, or you might get sick.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, December 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy