Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

Headache cure?
waht works for curing migraines? some people say chocolate and caffeine...i dont really know. please only answer if you know?...

What's the best cure for a terrible headache?

Tension headache?
my gp says i have tension headache i have had it over a week now nothing is working,any one know what to take for the pain.also how can the gp tell by just pressing on your face that it aint anything ...

Piercing pain?
how bad does it hurt to have the side of your nose pierced?
on a scale of 1 to 10...

I have a chest pain and a pain in my left arm above the elbow?
the pain comes and then goes completely .then returns ,this morning i was in agony and after awhile the pain dissappeared but as returned twice since .i have a head cold at the ...

Why does my legs hurt in the morning after a hard night drinking?

Need advise has anyone been in this position?
ive been with my partner for 11 years and two weeks ago he assaulted me family members said i should give him a second chance but now i feel as i was bullied into the decision as i cant stop thinking ...

What u do for stress relief?

Ive just woke up from a deep sleep! Refreshed!?
So how are we feeling to-day?...

Scale of 1-10 how much do nosepiercings hurt?

My throught really hurts how do i get ride of the pain without medicine ? please help me?

Can/Should she SNORT pain pills?
Have you ever snorted pills like vicodin? Does it make the medicine work faster? My partner broke her wrist and one of our friends told her to snort her pain pills so they'll work better. Wtf? T...

Why is there so much?
emotion in our ...

I have a killer headache! I have tried Tylenol and ibuprofen. Even tried a heat-wrap.?
I welcome any suggestions on how any of you get rid of your headaches. Thanks!...

Is there a drink that is good for pain?
what is it and where can i buy it,
can i get it form sainsburys
Additional Details
PERIOD pain and after root canal treatment ...

Period cramps help!!!?
i have these really bad cramps in my lower stomach area, and i normally get them but ive taken advil and it hasnt helped at all. does anyone know what food i can eat to help rid the pain? i know ...

I have pains in my knee. I am 13 years old in 8th grade. What do you think the main purpose of knee pains are?

Additional Details
btw im not overweight....-_- i am 5'4 and im 113 pounds. Im a WR in my football team. I got out to excersize every day for 2 1/2 hours....

My surgeon told me there's no danger of painkiller addiction if you take them when in pain. True?
True?...

1.i have very bad migrain pain.what kind of memdicine should i take?

Is it safe to take ibuprofen, aspirin and paracetomol in the same day?
Like could I take a dose of each one without it being harmful? They don't react with each other any way?...

FerretLuver
Please help? My head is KILLING me!?
I have major headaches after reading! It hurts! How do I make them go away? what could be causing this?

Bethany :
Rating
You probably need reading glasses.

TekkuZ
Rating
Go and have an appointment to see if you need glasses...
Also, take some tablets and hold the book a distance away from you.
Btw, being on the computer makes your headache worse ;)

Oostende
Rating
I suggest you to practice martial arts (Thai Ti ) and try to relax each 30 minutes of reading.

quitegrl
you need glasses. You eyes are straining to focus from something up close to something car away. It could also be that if your reading in a car, the bouncing of the car makes the book wobble and your eyes try really hard to keep focused.

Alan
It may be because your eyes is straining your brain.

You really should go to a optician and check out your eyes, you may need glasses.

Also If you want good ways to solve headaches in the future, take paracetamol, and a good sleep always clears a headache.

cucufate
Rating
Perhaps you are suffering of migraine. Perhaps you have a problem in your ear or in your eyes. You need to go the doctor for consulting this. Altough, you can suffer of any problem in your bran, The dead is very delicated and you need to take care of her.

Visit this webiste for getting more information about headahes and how to control it:

http://www.trustedprescriptionsonline.com

anime1net
Rating
U should rest more and take breaks.Try taking a Mitol.And relax because stress could the problem and if u don't loosn up then u it cuold develop n2 something.

Kris L
Rating
First, check the lights where you read. Are you using incandescent lighting (bulbs) or flourescent lighting? What is the 'wattage' where you read. You really need AT LEAST 60 watts to 'read comfortably' if you are 'normal' ... if you are a 'photophobe' (too much or too bright light hurts ... gives you a headache or your eyes start to water and close) you need a 40 watt bulb at most.
Second, if you are 'sure' that the 'wattage' is okay, you'll need to see an eye doctor. Your eyes may need glasses if you are farsighted (which would cause pain while reading), or if you are 'allergic' to the kind of light you usually read by. Most people are allergic to flourescent light, but some are allergic to incandescent light. You CAN get glasses that are 'coated' to protect your eyes from that 'allergy' response.
There's one other thing to think about. THE PAPER in the things you are reading. Believe it or not, I am ALLERGIC to all evergreen trees (and I live in the Pacific Northwest!) and all paper is made from evergreen trees, so I am also allergic to paper. When I was 7, my eye doctor told my mother that I should be allowed to read NO MORE than ten minutes a day. Okay, I loved school, and I was already a 'constant reader' ... but I still must 'rest my eyes' for at least two minutes out of every twenty when I'm reading ... close my book and look around at 'non-paper' things.
IF the eye doctor can't find anything that 'needs correction' you must next go to a 'regular doctor' (usually an Internist) and tell him about your 'major headaches' ... exactly WHERE they are, and the 'type' of pain ... dull or stabbing, etc.
If when you say your headaches start 'after reading' but it's only when you are reading your computer, that would have a very different source than when you get headaches only from reading books ... but if you get headaches reading ANYTHING (including Billboards and signs) then you could have something PHYSICAL wrong with your eyes, and need 'special care' for that. DO NOT WAIT but get this 'seen to' by doctors as soon as possible. YOU NEED HELP ... for your 'major headaches' as well as your own peace of mind. YOU NEED TO GET THAT HELP ... go to a doctor.

alisong16
wen i read in the car i get nauseous, it goes away in abt 10 minutes...try readin words with larger fonts

R.W.
Rating
Your eyes might be being strained, when u read, the same thing happens to me when I read sometimes. I don't get a serious headache like the one u've described. But anyway, jus' get an ice pack put it on yur head for about two minutes. Then take any type of herbal tea packet and hold against yur head. I swear this helps get rid of headaches. I believe it's because it's smell goes into yur nasal cavaties and sort of. I don't know gets rid of the headache. Hope this helps.

jamesfreerocker
Rating
try taking time away from reading or the source of your heaches for a couple of hours or so, take tylenol or ibuprofen then you should be able to get back to your reading

we_the_change
Rating
Headaches like this are caused by the muscles in back of the eyes, which become strained. You may need to get glasses, and I would go to an Ophthalmologist and get your eyes checked (don't go to a Optometrist, who is not an MD...you may as well have your eyes checked out by a doctor). A more simpler solution could be water. Reading is a very active practice and if your body is de-hydrated it may cause headaches. I would also stretch before you read and get your body nice and warmed up, and see if this helps. I always think its better to try and find the simplest, most holistic cure before anything else! hope this helps....

Todd Goldfarb
Founder, We The Change
http://www.wethechange.com

Jess
Rating
sounds like you need glasses

musicmachine1969
make you an eye appt.. today if you can please

luisamapacha
Rating
Take 2 Advil and a little bit of caffeine (coffee or soda.)

Then rest your eyes - sit back or lay down and cover your eyes with something dark, like the sleeve of a jacket or a black sock (if you're at home.) Turn off anything that makes noise.

You should be good in 5 - 10 minutes.

traveling lady
Rating
rub your temples if this doesnt work get in a dark room and lie down try to take a nap i agree u may need glasses too also take 2 tyenol or 4 advil

dbgyog
Rating
There is no medicine for H/A OR MIGRAINE. Not only these but for almost all painful diseases. Hence they become chronic.
Acidity, WORRY, excessive wind, cold , heat, sour food and sinusitis, constipation, intestinal inflammation;
Blockage in the flow of Vital Energy are their causes. None of them can be treated with medicine. Our 100% success in treating migraine &H/A confirms it.
Acupuncture is the best treatment. I can treat it with naturopathy and YOG, but how can you manage pl see.

Avoid late sleeping if possible;spicy, sour, stale bakery foods and alcohole.
Sweet foods, COCOANUT WATER,sweet fruits, milk, rice, SPROUTS, SALADS and good sleep will help you.
But you try one herbal remedy- two drops of drumstick leaves' juice in opposite nostril if one side pains and both nostrils if full H/A will give you rescue. Betel leaf helps but it isvery strong.
If it is acute pl search a painful point 3-6 mm behind your thumb nail and press it, H/A will disappear within 30 seconds.

Source(s):
SHREE SWASTHYAYOG TREATMENT, TRAINING & RESEARCH INSTITUTE
R.H. 19, Jhulelal Society, Sector 2/E, Airoli, Navi Mumbai, INDIA.

Cuz Im The Motha Effin Princess
Rating
♥ You could possibly need glasses... have you had your eyes checked lately? It could also be the lighting... do you have to squint? Is their adequate lighting??

Good Luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy