Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

Strange situation... any advise?
so its my best friends birthday tonight, i just had a pretty bad fall and hurt my back. She will be really upset if i dont go. Are there any safe ways to stop my back hurting tonight if i'm ...

Fingers hurt because of guitar playing?
i haven't practiced in a while, and now my fingers really hurt, but i want to practice more. what can i do so the fingers won't hurt anymore??...

My teeth grind?
What type of mouth guard should i get, without spending a ton of money?...

Question for Arthritis suffers ?
have you tried any particular foods that have helped with your arthritis ?
Additional Details
I only to hear off people with ...

When i have s*x in doggy i get a shotting pain. What is it?

Additional Details
sorry was ment to put shooting ...

I feel like killing myself?
I just feel like ive lost everything tonight my fiance just left me and i dont really have anyone else im close to in the world. This is acually the second time someone has left me after we have ...

I was wondering, what is a headache?
IDK if I have ever even had one, and if I get one, how do I know?...

I've got the worst tooth ache one of my molars has cracked and i think my nerve is exposed ?
I've got the worst throbbing pain that shoots down my jaw up in to my ear. I was in tears for a good portion of the night because it hurt so bad. I did make a dentist appointment for tomorrow ...

My dad has had a headache for 3 weeks?
basically, my dad is 75 yr's old, and has been complaining because of a headache for 3 weeks now, suddenly, he is bed ridden, and is unable to stand. I am worried and would appreciate sensible ...

How do I make major headaches go away faster?
I have been having a lot of major headaches(or migraines) lately especially during school and it's effecting my school work and my job.
Is there any easy way to make them go away during ...

Was I wrong to do this yesterday?
I told my wife (married for 4 months) that I had to work late yesterday when I really didnt have to work at all I told her this because I didnt want to stay home with her 5 kids and her all day the ...

I work standing up . How can I relieve the pain in my legs besides taking pain killers?

Additional Details
- I am 26 years old and I weight 120 pounds and I don't understand why I have pain in my legs. Maybe, I have bad circulation or I don't do enough exercise?....

What can I do to get rid of leg cramps?

Help. I have a complex....?
I always massage peoples shoulders and backs and people say I have the touch and should go into massage. I know its true ; I provide relief for everyone. What I really want is someone to squeeze MY ...

Is aspirin compatible with acetaminophen?

I had all wisdom teeth extracted on Thursday, can I use scope mouth wash?

Additional Details
The actual extraction went well. They put me to sleep and an hour later I was finishd. Just sleepy and bloody for the rest of the day. (the blood was more than I ...

Werid headache?
I had this headache where it first began with a weird light I couldn't get rid of. ( the thing you see when u stare at a light and close your eyes, but it wouldn't go away)

Then ...

Stomach problems/ oxycodone/alcohol?
My boyfriend has been taking the pain medication for about 4 months (5mg) x5 a day and drinks real heavy-I am worry cuz he says he has been having stomach problems, empty feeling, etc-I know he has ...

Why do they put so much acetaminophen in painkillers??? Are they trying to kill us?
I'm currently taking Darvocet for a bulging disc in my back and each pill has 650mg of acetaminophen in it!!! Now, I only need them when I am working my other job because I wait tables at night ...

Pain under ribs on the left side?
for the last few days ive had pain under my ribs when i am sitting on the couch or sometimes in a chair but never when i walk or anything else it feels like my muscle is tensing up or something when ...

katie n
Pain right under my knee?
for a while now i have had some pain right under my knee. its kind of hard to explain like sometimes it gets really bad and i'll have to limp when walking then other times it hurts but i can still walk on it and stuff. last year i tumbled a lot and jumped on my trampoline. could i have hurt it that way? i dont know see right now it doesnt hurt at all. and when it does hurt its only when im walking on it. i have heard of tendinitis, could it be that? i really dont know that much about it but im just wondering, if not what could it be? i go on walks a lot if that may have caused it. also my knees pop a whole lot. any advice will help! thanks
Additional Details
its only on one of my legs and it doesnt even hurt all the time like it doesnt right now and the pain isnt extremely bad. im just wondering if it's serious though.

nikko28_2000
Rating
Knee pain is a condition that might be related to a variety of causes. The fact that hurts, gets well then, as you walk, hurts again , suggests that there is injury and any repetitive minor reinjury (as in walking) triggers the pain. Any knee that pops a lot needs to be checked for ligament injuries or other joint structures. Pain is just a symptom. My suggestion is for you to see a physician and insist in getting to the true cause of the injury or condition. Be aware, there are inflammatory chronic conditions that can have serious incapacitating future repercussions. seek the right help, a physician.

nAnCy iS oN!!!!
i get that sometimes too i dont know what it is..maybe weak knees

Trish
You need to go to a doctor! Until then, ice/cool it down, stay off of it and get into to an Orthopedic doctor. Knee's popping is a lack of lubricant that an orthopedic doctor can also help you with.

xoallieoxokatox
Rating
you might have osgood schlatters disease, you need to go to a doctor to get it checked out before it gets worse and causes damage.
i do gymnastics and i last year i had horrible pains right below my knee. i had a bump there where it was hurting but the other knee didnt have it. my knee was hurting for months but eventually went away but a girl on my team has the same thing and her pain keeps coming back.
i would go to the doctor just to see what is happening. also tie some prewrap under tour knee where it is hurting for me it relieved alot of the pain i was having.

Deenie
I've got the same problem. I was just complaining about it. I usually have to take pres. naproxin (but you can get it over the counter in smaller doses) It's for inflamation. It helps. I fell one time (on my rt knee)...and everytime I fall ..it's always the same knee. When it first happened, I didn't walk on it much for awhile...then...all of a sudden I couldn't even walk to the mailbox (at the road). I almost had to crawl back. It got so bad I had to go to the emergency room. They x rayed it and didn't see anything. I know that exercise helps so don't completely stop. I think it must be a nerve. The dr. wants to do a sonogram or something on it...but I'm not paying that much money to find out nothing can be done. And I won't have an operation on it. I'm going to google whatever that other girl said and see if it could be what I have. Just wanted you to know....I'm hurting with you. Feels like a knife going into my knee sometimes. This happened to me over a year ago.

Honeyface
Rating
I would venture to guess that you may have a torn meniscus. To determine this, you would need an MRI. A small tear is often seen which looks kind of like the shape of a "v". So sometimes the tip of the "v" can become tucked under itself, and that is when it hurts like crazy. Then for some reason, it will just sort of "untuck" itself and the pain is gone just like that. If it is a definitive tear, it will need to be taken care of. There are two schools of thought on that: surgery (Meniscal Repair) or Prolotherapy (a naturalistic approach in which the meniscus is encouraged to repair itself through injections).

soccer_girl
Rating
i had the same thing in my knee from soccer
its called tendinitis and mine went away after awhile
and when i needed to play soccer i would take pre-wrap [holds back your hair, put on before tapeing, if you dont know what i mean] and i would tie it in a string form and place it under my knee
the pain went away right away.
im not sure if thats what you have or not.

sophieb
tendinitis is merely inflamation...like runners could have it, tennis players could have it, etc.

You do have a lot of tumbling and jumping in your past and, depending on your age and how much you did that exercise, or the same exercise over and over, plus your walking a lot now, sure you "could' have started a problem for yourself. When you tell a doctor that it hurts when you do something they will tell you to stop doing that something. So my advice to you is to change your style and start being an observer instead, begin watching sports instead of participating in them.

live for today
i strongly believe you have Osgood schlatter disease...

here is a website with information on it
http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/children/parents/special/bone/135.html

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, November 27, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy