Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

Arthritis: which OTC is most effective?
aspirin, acetaminophen (Tylenol), or ibuprofen (Advil, etc)?

I have mild arthritis in my back.

Thanks!
Linda
Additional Details
PS: Aleve isn't available ...

What's a good way to wake up in the morning?
I feel so gross and I tired, I just want to stay in bed until the very last minute. But then I have to rush and look bad the rest of the day. Is there anything I can do to make getting up easier?...

How can I get rid of my acid reflux/bad heartburn in the middle of the nigth so I can sleep?
I have tried Zantac, and Extra strength Tums, neither seem to work and at 2 or 3 am, I am up with bad heartburn. This has happened 2-3 times in the last month, twice with me getting up to sleep ...

I got a headache and no aspirins what to do?

Sharp pain on the top of my head...?
I have had headaches for a long time now. I'm 20 years old. I know a lot of it is probably caused from stress. I'm in college, my fiancee is away at school in a diff. state, work and family ...

What would a chair look like if your knees bent backwards?

I've been having terrible stomach cramps since last night.?
Last night wasn't so bad, but today my cramps feel worse. Sometimes it feels like menstrual cramps (I'm not menstruating). Other times its my whole abdomen area. If I were pregnant, I would ...

I love it tooooooooooo much?
i am currently taking 80mg methadone a day for the past three years. i know and my wife really wants me off of them and i also know i should stop taking them sometime soon, but i love them so much. ...

My Mum is always suffering from heartburn is this a medical condition?

Any help for migraine headaches without narcotics?

My friend did coke on the 7th and took a test on the 13th. will he pass the test.?

Killer Headache?
I'm really sick with the flu. I have a killer headache and my back is aching too. My head is throbbing. Since 10:00 last night (about 12 hours ago), I have taken 8 Advils, and you're only ...

What do u do to help a ear infection ITS KILLING ME !!?

Can a sore back be something more then muscle pain?
Boyfriend has been having pain that feels like muscle pain for a few weeks now. It turns off and on it seems. Somedays its worse then other days and then it will appear to be getting better then it ...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! I asked this question but need to add more for u to understand?
Ok so I have an appointment in a month for pain management and when I called my doctor and told her I need more medication for it to work she told me to wait for pain management. So here's what ...

I have horrible migraines, they come at about the same time every day and wake me up at night?
I've gotten a migraine every day around 11 pm, a monster that hits me fast and hard, making me suddenly nauseas and dizzy. The lights at school only agitate it further, and I end up with my head ...

How can you sooth a sore neck?
i am very sore from an accident i had, and my neck is killing me!! is there any over the counter medicine that will help?...what else can i do to make it stop hurting?...its to the point where i can ...

I have fluid in my ears, how do I "pop" my ears?

Please hurry! Drank monsters too fast?
I was coming in from outside (hot and sweaty) and I got a Monster (the energy drink) and I usually take a few sips then put it away because of the "kids getting heart attacks" thing But I ...

What harm is there in taking too many oxycodone?
What organs would die down, and should I call poison control?
Additional Details
I should say, I didnt take too many or anything like that, i just got an RX for it, and I wanted to know. ...

HannahCarrietta
Need help for my feet from hurting after standing all day on the job...?
I just started a job where I have to be on my feet all day and do not get a chance to sit down very often, my feet are killing me at the end of the day. I also do not have the option of wearing casual shoes I have to wear professional shoes (low heels)... any suggestions on what can help.

RAWR
Rating
quit! lol.

saraann24
when you get home soak your feet in epsom salt

dr.scholls makes a insole for working/professional women-something like that, they form the shape of your feet,making it comfortable- i wore them whe i was passing meds in a nursing home- i was standing for 8 hours staight-always working

you can get them at walmart

kyla_mallard
Rating
try some dr. scholl's gel inserts.

sofiedriskell
Rating
get comfortable low heel shoes with ankle support. like slingbacks

iamnotyouramericandream
Rating
Try brands such as naturalizer and clarks, wear the lowest heels you can, look for the best footbed, use heel insoles.
http://www.naturalizer.com
http://www.clarks.com

Anna K
Ugh, I have the same problem! I work at a grocery store, I'm a cashier, so I have to stand for up to 7 hours on some shifts. I hate how bad my feet hurt at the end of the day, but sometimes when I get home I take a warm bath and elevate my feet. A massage can also do wonders. Hope your feet find some comfort. :)

dance_devil24
Ugh. My job's like that too, but I get at least a 30 min. break in 8 hrs. After a few weeks you'll get used to it, or wear good socks. :D

Also, raising your feet when sleeping helps them during the night I hear...

Bubbles
Find better professional shoes that have more support, buy gel pads for your shoes, soak your feet at night, have someone massage a foot creme after the soak, try to stay on carpet with padding as much as possible.

Good luck...I have worked many jobs over the years that required me to be on my feet all the time. Take care of your feet as best you can because you will pay later. I have problems with the facia of my feet now from time to time. I also have very bad spider veins from not wearing enough support on my legs. Don't go cheap.

tinagreenaway
Check out prettypinktoes.co.uk for these amazing trim, peel and stick insoles. They keep your feet feeling fresh and dry, not sweaty and hot. They are available in fab colours even animal print! They really are luxury for your feet!

Good luck

birdie
Rating
I stand on my feet 13 hours at work...and have been for over 20 years... so I feel qualified to answer. I dress professionally but wouldnt dream of wearing uncomfortable shoes. I always wear shoes that are cushy & bend easily & you can slip into...clogs/mules. I find that you feet expand during the day & with an open back they have a place to go. Also you can occasionally pull one foot out of your shoe & bend it about & wiggle those toes.

vascsono
Being a health professional I also stand all day and do not wear recreational shoes.
I would suggest buying dress shoes with a rubber bottom. Check out Aerosoles and Arche. Sometimes Franco Sarto makes rubber bottomed dress shoes.
Also, get a medium to wide width so it will accomodate your foot as it swells throughout the day.
Lastly,mild compression stocking (knee highs) may help with the swelling which causes the discomfort.

lonelyblondechic
when u get home soak them in hot soapy water
then put on a pair of comfy slippers and try to stay off ur feet sorry i cant be of better help
<33

scd
Rating
This is going to sound strange but it actually works. At night, put a bar of soap at the foot of the bed. There is a chemical reaction to the skin and soap. Replace every 2 months

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy