Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

I have a deep pain in my chest?
The other day the right side of my chest and my arm was hurting pretty damn bad. Then all of the sudden today i woke up and its on the left side of my chest...right where my heart is. I can't ...

Anyone have any home remedys for a really bad sun burn??
i went tanning w/ my friend the other day and no one told me that my bed had new bulbs...well i went for 20 minutes and i got burnt kinda bad. its not to the point where it is blistered but it is ...

Sleepless nights?
2guys called to my house last sat nte and tried to enter the gaurds were called by me and they said it was a mistake i cant sleep since any ideas how i can stop worrying??...

Please help me!!!! Have you or do you know someone w/ these symptons?
I have a 5 year old daughter. She is having severe burning and itching in her hands. Her triggers are the sun and hot weather. She doesn't have a rash or blisters. If she continues outside ...

Answering the phone, a pain shot up my arm and a pinging feeling similar to a rubber band snapping any ideas?
i picked up the phone at work recently when something appeared to snap in my finger sending a pain shooting up my arm, i still get pins and needles in my hand and if i make certain movements with my ...

I get severe pain in low left side of my back.?
I get a quick sharp pain in my back on the lower left side. The Drs. have done tests but cant find anything.While at the Dr. I got one of the pains ,my blood pressure shot up and I alomst passed out. ...

How bad is taking paracetamol/ibuproven every day?
What are the long term effects? i have been taking paracetamol or ibuproven at least 3-4 times a week for 2 years due to ongoing dental pain, i have been to hospitals, facial clinics etc but they ...

Do nose peircings hurt?
i want to know before i get one....

SCIATICA.I've Had this for eight days now and its really painful,keeping moi awake at night,Have you ever
had this?does it recur?Should you rest?any tips please,YEARRGH !OUCH!...

How do u know if you have internal bleeding???- HELP!?
cuz i overruse painkillers especially wen i'm feeling depressed or sumthin. &i took about, i duuno, over 10 of them yesterday. &on the bottle it says it can cause internal bleeding but i ...

I've been getting pains under my left breast. What does this mean?
Everyday, well not everyday only occasionally like 1-2 times a week, I get a small pain under my left breast like I’m getting a needle poken through and I think they’re just heart-attacks. What ...

I have the biggest and worst headache ever?!!?!?!?!!?!?
I have tried everything! I have taken 4 aspirins(I took 2 this morning and 2 just now) I have tried drinking cold water, I have tried eating something, I have tried putting my head down... EVERYTHING!...

Headache!!!!?
I have a headache! I have already taken an asperine and it hasnt helped! Does anyone have any ideas of what else i can do??? I can't take it for much longer!!!!!...

I have a abcess in my left ear and it hurts wat can i do ?
i have been to doctors and they gave me amoxicillin it worked for a couple of weeks and now the pain came back im ...

My pillow gets too hot!! within just a few seconds after I lay my head on it, it's uncomfortable. suggestions?

How do you cure a headache?
i have been crying too much and been on the ...

I have this problem?
when the wheater gets cold my leg hurt a lot
it is like you know when your stomach feels bloated
but try imagining it on you leg from knees down
and other than that my knees hurts when ...

16 year old male with headache for 8 monthsplease help?
i am16 year old male and been geting pains in my nose and memory loss and a mild headache and ringing nosie in my ear i do smoke since i was about 12 and now i am 161/2 it might be this i have had ...

How do I get rid of my fear of injections?

How do i stop cramps in my leg?
In the last year ive started experiencing cramp in the middle of the night...like ill just wake up and it feels as though my muscle is twisting in my calf and im being pulled from the end of my bed......

kvsmiller
Is the pain killer tramadol worth putting down my beer.?
I just got perscribed tramadol and was wondering what its like?

jim
Rating
Don't mix pain killers and alcohol. Ask Anna Nicole Smith... the mix can make you stop breathing. You end up calling 911 and they'll put you on a ventilator until about noon the next day when your body starts breathing on it's own again.

dancingfool229
Rating
It does not do much for my pain. I was very surprised that it was addictive.

Donna L
Rating
Put your beer down and take you pain medication.
That is why the doctor gave it to you. You will not
be able to drink enough beer to get rid of the pain,
so take your medication. AND DO NOT DRINK AND
TAKE THE MEDICATION. Its on or the other, but you
pain will go away faster with the tramadol.

the_kid21186
Rating
Yes, it is because you are not suppose to mixed alcohol with medicine period. I was just perscribed tramadol hcl for back pain and also flexeril. It is good but it upsets my stomach but I am getting something to help with that. Tramadol is addictive and I found out from one of the website that I am going to give that it is a synthetic opioid analgesic.

To learn more click on the link I have giving you, in the source part it will tell you everything you need to know about this medicine.

Pico
Rating
I've yet to use a less effective painkiller. I was sure the doctor was trying to trick me into using a placebo. It was a waste of my time. Even Aleve worked better. Seriously.

But...I still would not mix it with alcohol.

paulamcneil1223
Rating
Its a weird pain medication, I found that it didn't work right away but worked well after the 3rd or 4th dose, however after taking it for about 3 days I stopped sleeping this went on for another 3 days and I finally had to stop taking it. I was told it was not addictive, however new studies coming out show that it is. I would say its worth a try, It seems to work very well for some and not for others. Don't drink with it though its dangerous. Hope this helps some.

Medical Guru
Rating
They have a great list about the uses of this drug at DrugStoreAmerica . org.. Here is what it says about using it with alcohol:

More Information

Do not drink alcohol while taking Tramadol. Alcohol may cause a dangerous decrease in breathing and/ or liver problems when used during treatment with Tramadol. Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Tramadol may cause dizziness or drowsiness. If you experience dizziness or drowsiness, avoid these activities. Avoid sleeping pills, tranquilizers, sedatives, and antihistamines except under the supervision of your doctor. These drugs may increase drowsiness caused by Tramadol.

Jilly
Tramadol is for nerve pain. Its also a seizure med. I did use it for a while but it didn't help my pain much, only made me very very tired. Always ask your doctor about side effects cause these meds have lots of them! Good luck

Answerer
Don't bother.

GI
Keep the beer! it's a non narcotic pain reliever.

makawao_kane
Not worth putting down the beer.

trytohelp
Rating
tramadol is a pretty good pain killer for most people. it works like a narcotic but is technically not one. it will cause you to be sleepy (advise no working/driving/alcohol) and maybe some stomach upset. if you have any problems i would get ahold of your pharmacist.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy