Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

How do you kow if you...?
cracked/broke 1 of your ribs?
Additional Details
i know i didnt crack it but i know i did something to 1 of them because it really hurts (one of my ribs)...

Does anyone know any home remedies?
My husband has an ingrown toenail and it's hurting him really bad. Does anyone have any suggestions, please help....

Why do people crack their knuckles?
following on from another question i posted yesterday,(does cracking knuckles cause arthitis?).I would like to know what the reason is for doing it is?i can only think its a stress thing?some days i ...

Cant get an appointment?
Its so stupid that i've been quite violently throwing up since monday, I think I may have food poisoning and I havent been able to get a doctors appointment all week, they say ring in the ...

Hydrocodone and watching baby??
I had all 4 wisdome teeth pulled out. I'm in serious pain, but don't know if I should take they hydrocodone because I have a 6 month old. Should I just take the pain? Will the drug ...

How did i hurt my arm?
i awoke this morning to a painfull arm? i dont no how i done it it was fine b4 i went to bed then i awoke to a excrutiating pain in my arm how could i have done it? whats the best thing to put on it?<...

How do i stop my wrist from hurting?
everytime when my hand is on the mouse my wrist hurts the bottom ...

I have a problem with my arm. When I try to reach round to fasten my bra a searing pain shoots up my arm?
I also have a feeling of pins and needles in my hand sometimes and find mobility of my arm is limited. Had anti-inflammitory pills which did no good. The pain is in my upper arm halfway between my ...

If my friend Frankie has a drink?
And he drinks say whisky neat, then he feels real bad pain in his lower abdomen, is my friend sick? What should he do?...

Do shots hurt?
shots
Additional Details
I have to get a tetanus and meningitis shot ...

Need help for my feet from hurting after standing all day on the job...?
I just started a job where I have to be on my feet all day and do not get a chance to sit down very often, my feet are killing me at the end of the day. I also do not have the option of wearing ...

What's wrong with doctors?
I've had bad headaches for about 4-5 years now.I've had the same doctor for 3 of those years.Everytime I have an appointment (about once a month) I complain of the headaches.They're ...

Dose anyone know about dhc dihydracodiene tablets i have been put on them by GP?
i have been taking them since saterday 2 a day each tablet is 120mg im having odd side affects i just want to know if anyone else has had side affects....

Does a tetanus shot really hurt?

Is it okay to take 2 pills of Tylenol with Codine?
Im having severe pain in my tooth and im seeing the dentist later but i cant stand the pain....

Good pain killers for headaches??????

My Husband has taken....?
11 tyenol and 6 aspirin in a 24 hour period To help ease pain ...

After taking the last tyenol about 20 minutes ago he had bad pains in his stomach...although it has eased now...

Whats the best way to fight headache?

I am currently taking oxycodone will I fail my random drug test and be fired?

What makes my left ear tingle?

angelicad93
Is it normal to get a nostril piercing and have swelling on the inside of my nose?
i got it done today and i noticed that the inside of my nose is swelling a bit and i was wondering if that is normal.
:)

MARY S
OH MY!

NASAL PROBLEMS...I HAVE MINE FILL TOO

MINE SINUSES! I NEED RELIEF

DEAR. CALL THE LOCAL KLINIC UND READ TEHM THE RIOT ACT...HOW DARE THEY ALLOW UNSANITARY PROCEEDURES//
WHY,..
YOU GOT A FULL BLOWN INFECTION IT SOUND LIKE TA ME!

CALL THE K,LINIC!

GET MEDICAL TREATMENT...YOUR INFLAMED???
WELL./..ITS INFECTED!

vanessa
call the party who did the job they will know whats up

Dr who
It is not normal to pierce your nose at all,take it out and let it heal be for you get an infection that can go though your blood stream.

Curiously Curious
Depends on the size of the swelling.

Any injury, purposeful or not, destroys cells. That leads to swelling of the tissues around the site.

If the swelling is small, like a slight, sore bump, it is a normal response. If it turns into something the size of a grape and is red, hot, and painful, it's time to see a doctor or nurse practitioner to get antibiotics because it's probably infected. I don't know how a nose can be pierced WITHOUT getting infected, but I understand it's possible.

MARY S: Please don't write in all caps! It's called "screaming." It looks like you're angry or something.

Geek or Chic
It might be nothing but it could also be an infection. Noses can be germy places so it can sometimes be tough to keep those piercings clean. Follow the piercers directions for cleaning it.

Go back or go to a doctor if you feel any unusual pain and especially redness and excessive puss, that might be a sign of infection. Better to be safe than sorry right?

neonlights1971
Rating
Well I'd say that its not normal to have a whole in your nose, so it could be feeling it?? I don't know never had a nose earring done before, if your concerned call the place where u got your nose done or go to the docs and see what they say... good luck

Punk Bunny
Rating
yes its perfectly normal. it will be swollen for a little while. just keep it clean and dont mess with it much. it will be fine soon. =]
and that a*s who says its not normal to pierce your nose at all can f*ck off ^_^

surferrunchick
any sensitive cartilage thats exposed to piercing will swell. swelling is the body's reaction to something that shouldnt have been done. it might be infected as well. your nose has bacteria and the nasal hairs help clean it. i would give it a few days to see if the swelling has gone done. put some epsom salt with warm water and gently clean it, use spectragel as well. if it doesnt go away, take out the nose ring.

AmericanGirl97403
Absolutely! Don't worry--it will calm down. Ice the outside of your nostril and the swelling will go down, probably within 24-48 hours....

rose j
You need to put a warm compress on your nose and take some advil for discomfort but if gets worse go to the doctor

tulla
Rating
Well you did put something in your body that normally is not suppose to be there so it is going to try to fight against it. That's the bodies normal reaction. Inflammation would be a normal reaction. Clean it and take care of it according to the instructions of the professional that did the piercing. Be care. Monitor for persistent redness to the puncture site, low grade tempt. drainage and warmth to the puncture site and unusual swelling. This could indicate infection. I would seek medical attention at that point and for sure take the thing out. Good Luck

erinemberstone
Yep - absolutely. Don't touch it with anything other than a clean Q-tip dipped in Tea tree oil or some other disinfectant/ healing balm meant for piercings and tattoos.

You should see the swelling disappear within a few days.

(FYI I used to do piercings and aftercare, and I have two nostril piercings.)

ALSO - don't let these people freak you out. Anytime you introduce trauma to tissue - and a piercing is trauma - you will swell. Its the bodies NATURAL reaction. When you pierced your ears - they swelled - but they healed... right? Its the same thing, but the nose usually swells INSIDE rather than out!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, April 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy