Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

What is the cause of pins and needles in the body?

I got a headache what do i do?

Waking up with a numb feeling in my hand?
Help my hand feels numb every time i wake up. I'm not laying on it. Dose anybody have an idea what that could mean?...

What is wrong with my leg?
I am 16 years old and I skateboard sometimes 9 hours a day. This last week, I have severe pain in my upper thigh and hip. It hurts when I lift it. Sometimes I have to use my hands to lift my leg so I ...

What should we do if a 2 year old accidentally swallowed 2 tablets of tums?

What is wrong with me?
ok if i go sit down on the tiolet and i push/strain something comes out.
but its not pee.
it comes up like dirty lookin water and is smells bad....

I've had a headache for 3 days straight. The pain is in the right side of my head. Is this serious?
So I've had a headache for the past 3 days. It is not a bad headache. Just a minor pain in the right side of my head. It's been lasting for the past 3 days now. Also its not present all the ...

Did i just take too many tylenol?
i just took 8 tylenol at one time, how dangerous can this be
Additional Details
in all honesty i was tryin to finish myself, and now that ive done it i think im too mellow to give a **** ...

Does any one know any good tips to ease a migraine without resorting to painkillers or herbal remedies?

What can one use for heartburn or indigestion?
when you have no suitable medicines in the house. Is there an old kitchen remedy that works?
Additional Details
Thanks for all the answers so far. They were actually for my mum who is ...

How's your morning been so far?

What is best medication that works on migraines and fastest relieve?
please help my head is going to explode.
Additional Details
what is up with thumbs down it was not me well thank you for all your ...

Can you over dose on pain killers?
I'm on moderate to severe pain killers for chronic back pain.
On the packet it says take on to two capsules four times a day. My doc told me if i'm in alot of pain i could take 3 which ...

Pain.... Severe pain! Please help!?
I was in my gym class today, and I got thrown in the air at about 3 ft high, anf I hit my butt and back, my back it's not hurting so bad, but my butt is killing me! What can I do to relieve the ...

What's the worst way to die?
I THINK BEING IN A ROOM AND HAVING THE WALLS SLOWLY CAVE YOU IN AND CRUSH YOU SLOWLY. OR HAVING A SWINGING BLADE PENGELUM SLOWLY LOWERING TO YOUR HEART WHILE YOU ARE STRAPPED TO A CHAIR. OUCH!! What ...

Does your back hurt?
What do you do to relieve the pain?...

Can you mix oxycodone and hydrocodone for a tattoo?
im getting a tattoo soon and its huge covering my whole back and i have 2 oxycodone from my surgery and 2 hydrocodone from my doctor i was curious if i do take both of them will it work? and is it ...

Headache?????
yeah i have a iron railroad spike through my head i cant feel it on the other side but its probally 2 or 3 inches in...i was going to go to the hospital but the computer was closer how should i take ...

Why do you have to wake up every morning
everybody is happy when he or she wakes up in the ...

HELP. MY 8 Year old daughter has strange symptoms...sore throat, headache, muscle pain...NO FEVER?
She tells me that her body just doesn't feel right. She's had a headache for about 2 days now...she says her neck hurts too especially when she moves her head in any direction. She ...

evilprince
If you get stabbed with a knife?
I am just curious because i hear about so many people on TV getting stabbed and stuff so i am wondering how much does it hurt?

Like let say i get stabbed where my abs are how much would it hurt?

Or what about my chest?

And if i was stabbed in my heart would it instantly kill me? Would i feel pain before i die?

Yes i know they are stupid questions but i am always curious.

ctrussell73
go get stabbed and find out

Donnie Mac
Rating
Why don't you try all those on yourself then report back to us?

nicole
Rating
why?
are you planning to get stabbed.
go to a crazy home...

george_curtiss
Rating
I would imagine it wouldn't hurt, but maybe those first two have first hand expierence. You don't have pain receptors in your heart so can't feel pain there.

jmhhansen
Rating
set a rat trap off on you tongue, the pain should be comparable

Halo Fan
Yes, you would feel pain even if you're stabbed in the heart. Even if you're shot in the heart, you still feel pain before you die. I don't know how sensitive each spot is, though.

-
Rating
it would hurt heaps

Ste A
Rating
Unfrortunately, I was stabbed by a guy trying to take my wallet a few years ago. He used a small kitchen knife with a 3.5 inch blade and got me in the left side of my abs about 3 inches above my belt line. He tore muscle, and grazed my intestinal wall causing some internal bleeding, but luckily, he didn't do any severe damage.
It hurt....a lot. It felt very warm, and it stung like hell, but due to adrenaline and fear that he would do more damage, I was able to push off and get away. The worst of the pain was honestly the next day after being stitched up. Felt like I'd done a million crunches using only one muscle (if that makes any sense), and I had trouble doing anything physical for a good while afterwards.

poolman4u03
Rating
It hurts like hell, and it hurts worse when the blade is pulled back out. Abs would be awful because of the amount of muscle, so would the chest, plus you have the issues of hitting a lung or the heart. It would kill you in short order, but yes you would feel pain. The reason for the pain removing the blade, is the muscles constrict around the blade.

freakytoad53
whats the worst pain you have ever experienced?skinned you knee?that burning pain on your knee is completely all over the internal organ tha has been punctured.it is all over your skin.have you ever been burned?its like that.a buring pain.i was not stabbed by a knife,but severely punctured by a splinnter of wood as i went tumbling down a hill.dont think about pain.old memories of it come up,and you re-exspirenced it.

sweet sikhi
Rating
ok!

reguardless of where you are stabbed it depends on your blood loss whether you die/not. If you loose too much blood in your abs you may die and same for your chest. worked on a thoracic ward and we had an 18 year old lad who came in with stab wounds to the chest and back, had surgery, stayed in hospital for a week and went home.

If you are stabbed in the left upper section of your chest where your heart is you will instantly get the excruciating pain and may die depending on whether you get emergancy help/not.
Different situations are different and for the record l do suggest you stab yourself/any other person/s!

LEG
Rating
Depending on the type and length of object you were stabbed with, and depending on what internal organs were damaged, it will probably hurt alot. If you hit a large blood vessel such as the vena cava or the abdominal aorta, you won't feel the pain long, as you will bleed out and die. If the knife is long enough and hits the spinal cord, then you won't feel anything below the injury. If the object is a a tire iron or a large screwdriver, besides the large hole, you will probably have blunt force trauma which will also hurt. If you are stabbed in the chest, then the lungs will be affected and you will have the additional problem of severe shortness of breath along with severe pain. There are anecdotal stories of knife wounds to the heart and people survive, but for the most part, interrupt the heart's integrity and you will die.

School Nurse
I'd say it would hurt a Lot!! As a nurse I've seen people who have been stabbed the THEY say it hurts a LOT. If you get stabbed in your abdomen, chances are good that you would puncture your intestines, causing fluids to leak out and contaminate your abdominal cavity causing a condition called peritonitis, requiring immediate surgery. If you get stabbed in the chest, you would damage your lungs, causing the lung to deflate, causing a condition called a pneumothorax requiring immediate surgery,OR if you get stabbed in the heart you would likely die before you could get to the hospital and go the the surgery and get it repaired. You would feel pain in all instances.
My advice is to stay away from situations that would put you at risk and avoid stab wounds at all costs because, I gotta tell ya, IT'S GONNA HURT.

thiskidlisa
Rating
if i ever got shanked i would die either way unless i was really strong

my brother accidently got himless with a BB gun hes still alive lol
he was a tough guy

Alec R
Ya, it would hurt like hell. and I doubt seriously that you would die anywhere close to instantly. I think it would be more like a slow painful death, because you may just die of loss of blood. If your heart got stabbed you would die quicker but it would still hurt like hell. The only way that you would probably die instantly is if you had some brain trauma.

I wouldn't recommend trying it, lol.

Michael W
Rating
never been stabed before.... but if you get stabed in the heart you are going to die unless its with a pin or something.

slsparshott
Rating
yes it would hurt, but you'd probably pass out straightaway with the pain. im not a dr but if u were stabbed in the heart, its best i think to leave the knife/weapon there till medical help sorts u out

low_hd_rider
it hurts and it's not like in the movies

Jane T
It burns like heck.You dont always die from heart area wounds,but go to hospital stat.Internal bleedouts are often undetected until you have bled out

Madd Skillz
Rating
Lets just say it hurts like you cant even believe. Ever broken your arm? Yeah, it hurts 3 million times more.

greeneyedcutie
I was stabbed in my leg when I was 13 years old hanging around the wrong people. It hurts pretty badly. It feels like a cat going as deep as they can into your skin x229384794373.

It would hurt pretty badly, because abs are usually hard.
Same with the chest.
You would probably bleed to death, so no. You'd feel pain.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, November 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy