Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

What should i do about a sore neck?
My friend was playing wrestling and a move went bad. Her neck hit the bed straight forward, and cracked a lot. It doesnt hurt when she turns it left to right, but up and down is most painful. She ...

Could a hat cause a headache ?
I have to wear a hat for work when it rains, but every time I do I get a really severe headache, even though the hat is too big !! Is it just coincidence ? ........... the headache can be blinding, ...

Headache??
i have this really bad headache its usually on the left side but its kinda coming over to the right. i've been having this for 2-3 days now. it doesn't stay it comes and goes and its worser ...

Is my arm supposed to ache like a muscle ache after a shot?
I just got one for meningitis if that helps......

How is everyone dealing with there hangovers this morning?
i should be in bed still!!!...

What does a headache feel like ?
I never had a headache before and i'd just like to know what one feels like....

Constipation. Help!?
Hello!

I think I am suffering from constipation and was wondering if someone could give me a few suggestions. I feel something is stuck inside of me all day and can't concentrate on ...

Backache...?
Final exams are close and i am sitting on my chair for 10 hours a day.I have a backache today...
how can i get rid of it???
pls do not tell me to go and buy a new office chair,i can not ...

What is better tylenol or advil?

Cramp help?
i`m having period cramp`s and can`t swallow pill`s too good any suggestion`s?...

I bit the side of my mouth!?
i bit the side of my mouth the other day when i was chewing something. i bit it really bad... and it REALLY hurts. is there anything i could do or put on it to help it heal or make it not hurt so ...

What causes that ache in your chest when someone has passed away or something similar.?

What part of your body has been hurting you lately?

Why is it that every time I go out drinking?
I end up with soreness of muscles the next day, especially on my back and in the sides of my stomach?...

In so much pain right now...help!?
I slept wrong last nite, and all day long today the left side of my neck has been killing me big time......and it feels numb and it really hurts to the point where i cant really move it around too ...

My wife keeps on getting really bad head aches followed by blurred vison and feeling sick what is it?

Ive had a headache for 4 days with very bad pain and nothing is working what should I do?

I sleep very much i don't know why? In morning, evening, afternoon, night n midnight. its like a drug 2 me
i Sleep so much that my body starts paining.
Do I sleep coz I’ve no work 2 do or I m lazy n becoming lazier more day by day .so what should I do 2 stop my over sleeping .?...

Emotional hurt and vomiting?
could be posible that someone hurt you so bad (emotinally) that you could vomit?
Additional Details
is ther any medical research i could see to read?
i want to stop thinking abut it ...

Help? Pain in my stomach?
So yesterday i was hungry, and i grabed something to eat. Halfway through my dinner, i started to feel like i wanted to throw up. After I was finished, my stomach started to hurt like hell, keeping ...

Cathy E
I turned quickly when my alarm went off this morning and now my neck reaaly hurts - what is it?
I know that it isn't a stiff neck and I didn;t sleep funny, I just moved suddenly and felt a pain shoot from my neck to my head. Now I can't turn my head left and it hurts to touch - any idea's what it could be? It throbs when I stand up and I can not lie down

cakes
Rating
its probably the aids

teacher4ever
see a doctor you probably pulled a muscle or it could nerve damage.

ladywiccana
Rating
You've done what we call a wricked neck! will hurt for a couple of days but you will be fine after!
Just take some painkillers!

Carly Joan
that happend to me once a couple years back i for get what i did but maybe try ice or a heating pad

Nicki
Rating
you strained it.. people will tell you to put ice on it.. That will not help.

you should verrrry slowly stretch, and masage where its pulled..

Polly
Sounds like torticollis - or wry neck .
Very painful !

nan
Rating
A pulled neck muscle. A real warm shower or a wet warm towel applied to the area can help loosen up the muscle. It will be sore and stiff for a few days until it heals. My husband does this all the time.

<<<FM&gt;&gt;&gt;
It's a kink!!! Try icey hot, and tylenol. Even though it hurts, try moving it side to side, it will go away faster.

Kim
This happened to me once too, i just turned my head and my neck started hurting.
I was a bit younger but I'm pretty sure it just went away after a while.
See a doctor if it continues to hurt.

tom5251972
Rating
cathy you pinched a nerve. one thing to do is have someone with a strong hand give you a massage on your neck and shoulders. if this doesnt work, or only helps for a little while, you have a couple options. get a professional massage make sure to tell them what is wrong. go to a chiropractor. my chiro is awsome. had a problem with my foot. turned out to be a nerve from the base of my spine. when i get problems like that in my neck it is a result of something else being out of whack. once i go to the chiro its a lot better.
good luck cathy

bubblesthepowerpuffgirly
You've pulled a muscle. Painful, but it will go fairly soon, just massage it, and maybe take a warm bath or something.
(Yanking your neck round after hours of sleep is just the same as going from standing to sprinting at full pace without any warm up!)

fardy
I did this a couple of years ago ...took me 2 hrs to get out of bed as I coudnt support my head ...
Its one of your neck muscles as you sleep they get cold and when you make a sudden movement in the morning they can get pulled ...Mine hurt like hell and I thought this is it... it will get better but I suggest you contact someone from a medical background to ensure all is well ..

IAN B
Hope something works for you , i'm always told apply heat though not ice !
That's from my physio. as i've got a condition which at times causes severe back and neck pain though worst of all also
just the most awful headaches imaginable : (

mustlovedogs
Probably just a pulled muscle. Heat and stretching gently may help.

Dr. Rob Rice
subluxation of the cervical spine is likely. it may also involve a minor dislocation of a facet joint (a joint in the spine) if it's bad enough. best to see your chiropractor. as it's the weekend, you're probably not going to find one open. so in the meanwhile, you would do well to take a gel ice pack and place it over the area of pain. hold it there for 20 minutes or until it's numb. do this over the skin directly unless you absolutely can't stand it (then no more than one t-shirt). do that every two hours religiously. i would avoid over-the-counter pain meds. if you absolutely must have an otc med, try tylenol because at least it won't slow down the healing process.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, September 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy