Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

Can severe pain bring on vomiting?
I've just come back from a painful session with my physiotherapist, I'm not feeling very sick. Can pain bring on sickness?...

My legs feel stiff; any remedies to make them unstiff?
I went to San Diego's Comic-Con last Sunday and did a great deal of walking. I spent a good 5 hours doing nothing but just that...walking (the convention center was so crowded that most of the ...

What calms you down when you need to relax?
i need to relax really bad. i need to calm down. what do you do? ive been hurt soo much today and i just need a hug and i need to relax before i scream and break out crying in public or something....

Effects of Knuckle Cracking?
I have a tendency of constantly cracking my bones. When i wake up I crack my knuckles, my wrists, my elbows, my knees my ankles and my toes in that order. I always heard a loud Crack and i love it......

Why is it when i have a headache i can't see very well?
Today when i had a headache i saw little floating things that completely blurred my vision, after that my head started to hurt. Has anyone else experienced this Before?...

Should I go to the doctor?
On Tuesday, I left school a little early because I had a really bad cold. I was congested and my throat was sore. I stayed home on Wednesday because my throat was still sore and the congestion hadn�...

Overdosed!!!? help please?
last night i had 8 ibuprofen's all at one go to get rid of my headache...
ive tryed so much things to get rid of it and it doesnt seem to go =S ive been to the doctors and they dont have a ...

What is causing this pain?--- PLEASE HELP!!!?
My Boyfriend has back pain that is constant everyday. He has been going to the chiropractor every week and that only seems to help for a short period of time. He is really unhappy and we dont know ...

When drinking alcohol and taking acetaminophen, what bad reaction could happen?

What is an E??
lately on SHAMELESS i have been hearing "E"

what is an E...

HELP!!! WHAT'S WRONG wITH ME?
So this morning at around six right underneath my chest where my heart is, hurts when I take in deep breaths. It hurts on the inside on and off and when it hurts it hurts BAD!! What's wrong?...

What kind of headache is behind is behind the eye and how to rid it?
eye HURTS loads of pain
Additional Details
wow ok so i wrote this a few hours ago when i was in alot of pain and i can tell now look what i put down for the question. made sense at the ...

Can my mattress be causing my hip pain?
Last week my back started hurting because my Mattress needed turning over and the pain had started to radiate around to my hips. I turned my mattress over on saturday and my back has got better but i ...

Remedies for constipation?
i have been dealing with constipation and ibs for a few years. i am tired of it. any suggestions of what i should include i my diet? what not to include?...

Unbelievable pain?
ok firstly i apologise for my terminology as i dont know the proper medical terms, i have an immense pain in the top of my bum crack(sorry) it feels almost like a bruise or spot but on inspection ...

Top of foot?
the top of my foot from my big toe, to the middle of my foot,right below my big toe, hurts when I walk on it, and bend my foot. Sometimes there is a shooting pain. I had an ankle replacement 3 ...

Horrible migraine quick fix?
i have a terrible migraine to where i feel nauseated! ugh I don't have any medicine to take. Does anybody have any remedies or ideas to ease it or make it go away. Someone told me that putting ...

Ouch??????
My brother punched me in the head (on my temple to be exact) about 12 hours ago
and it still hurts really bad, i can't open my mouth without it hurting,
howcome it still hurts?
A...

How do I stop the pain of a broken heart?

Gah my douchebag of a friend pushed me now my neck hurts...?
long story short, he pushed me when i wasn't looking so my neck snapped backwards. it didnt hurt afterwards and it actually felt quite good cuz it cracked. but the day after whenever i turn my ...

Dave
I get severe leg cramps (calves, hamstrings) while sleeping at night.?
The cramps are so bad, I have to get up and walk them off. I sometimes see how twisted my muscles are in my calve..these really, really hurt. I drink a lot of coffee and diet pop, and probably not enough water, but any suggestions would be great.

gtrplayer5555
quinine can also work for this, as can Requip. Both of these meds are Rx, so you should see your doc and ask about it.

mom363546
You need more potassium eat some extra bananas

Doc. justasinner111
Rating
try one teaspoon of salt in your diet today.

riteon
Rating
I was told by a doctor its usually a sign of needing more calcium in your body. I started taking calcium pills and it went away. I might add I had a job where I stood for hours on cement floors. They also make pills for leg cramps that take care of the problem , its an over the counter pill. But if by chance its a need for calcium, which is quite possible, then you really should start taking calcium pills, can't hurt a thing, only help.

BJ
my husband gets them bad as well
he has to walk them off very pain full
his doc suggested Quinine pills or tonic water
do the pills because the tonic water is nasty
unfortunately they did not work for him
but maybe the will work for you
best of luck
they are called Nocturnal cramps
no one seems to know what causes them

i thought poor circulation but that was not the case
drink lots of water too

ken's princess
Rating
first of all you might not be eating enough bananas, they have alot of potassium and that keeps cramps down out of your lower legs. Even the football players eat bananas before the games at the pre-game lunchs because it keeps them from cramping up at the game. also try stretching more before you go to bed at nite, that will help and keep a bottle of water next to your bed as well. trust me, i don't drink alot of water, but putting some bottled water beside my bed keeps just enough water in my system so i won't be dehydrated.

Kiara
Rating
Try eating a bannana you have a lack of potassium and also can be a lack of calcium. Drink more water and less soda and caffine. You can also drink orange juice.

Jessica S.
Rating
This happens to me too. I never walk it out tho I just....well, put pillows over and under my leg, because My legs are always uncomfortable when I go to sleep. I always have to rub them or put pillows over them. I hate this happening to others but, even sometimes when I am walking and they start hurting I start limping. I hope that this answer really helps.

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Rating
ok this used too happen to me all the time and i used to cry every night and this is what i did to stop it:

*eat bananas (seriously potasium will stop the cramps)
*prop your legs up on a pillow (works like a charm)
*don't over exercise (sometimes if you run or bicycle it will cause cramps)
*drink plenty or water during the day
....and don't forget the bananas or potasium supplement!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, October 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy