Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

My old GameBoy had liquid on it that looked just like water & made my tongue tingle was it battery acid?

Does anyone enjoy cracking their knuckles and/or toes?
I find it very relaxing to crack my toes at the end of a long day....

Tummy problems, cant sleep, what to do??
so since maybe like 11 at night ive felt totally nautious but i dont think my stomach has had anything to throw up. whenever i sit down with a plastic bag waiting to hurl, i usually just end up with ...

Well, I have this pain just below my stomach and I've had it for about a week now. PLEASE HELP! it hurts?
its right where my pants are....

Rib pain??
ok, so yesterday my ribs hurt SOOO overly much. It was towards the middle of them both, but it was All of my ribs. i never did anything to hurt them. Its happened before so, its not new. But last ...

Is it worth living?
I am a young lady who always wanted to live a life of fun n excitement. A year and a half ago I developed a strange illness, I get severe pain in my neck n arms along with dizziness and vomiting. I...

What do you do when you have really bad cramps?
I'm really hurting i've like taken a hot bath.......and tried to relax but that didn't work my feet hurt and i'm really hot what can i do .......to make my cramps hurt less?

Does methadone work as a pain killer and how effective is it.?
what dose would one start on for cronic back pain....

I have had stomach cramps all day. Any suggestions to help yhem stop?

OUCH! EMERGENCY! Is it my ovary?
I have a sharp pain right at the top of my hipbone, on my front. It is a sharp, throbbing pain that feels like it is swollen.

My last period ended June 3rd. I think it is my ovary that ...

Please Help want to die!!?
I have been taking tramadol for awhile now and Now that I don't have anymore I am feeling horrable and don't know what to do? I feel like dying its so bad! Please any Help would be great L...

Ear pain...please help?
It started like about three days ago. I think its because of listening to loud music in my Mp3 player. I stopped it completely now. But my ears still hurt a bit. How will it go??? Please help!...

I can't hear out of my right ear?
I pretty sure its because of earwax build-up. what can I do?...

What is the best general OTC pain reliever around?
what is the best general OTC pain reliever ...

Pins and Needles?
What triggers pins and needles and whats the best way to stop them? like family remidies or old wives tales?

All help appreciated
Additional Details
no i dont smoke but i get ...

How can I relieve stress?
are there any foods or exercises that can releive stress?...

My left arm hurts reallly bad?
I have no idea how it happened ut my arms been aching for 4 days now, starting from the shoulder all the way down to my wrist it aches 24/7, no bruising or redness just realllly painful What should I ...

Gastric problem?
.My wife is having gastric problem from last 2-3 months.Due to this she is having heavy back pain and also sometime it also comes below of chest.She is not eating any oily food and also drink plenty ...

How do u cure a UTI?

I've got a really sore throat- help!!!?
I woke up early in the morning, and suddenly- I feel this huge pain in my throat, like a huge stone is inside my throat, and I went back to sleep. When I woke up agin, it was still there! It's ...

JR
I get pains in my elbow joints when i lift heavy things?
they feel heavy stiff and very sore until i stop what im doing then it stops i fractured both of them in accident what could be causing the pain does anyone alse get this?

christina t
Rating
u could have tennis elbow which means u have to have an injection in your elbow and u r only aloud 3 all together

The other advice i can give you is stop lifting heavy things

polumbo
Rating
there weakened.

ddrose
Rating
Elbow pain can be caused by a variety of problems. A common cause in adults is tendinitis, an inflammation and injury to the tendons -- soft tissues that attach muscle to bone.

Other common causes of elbow pain are:

Bursitis -- inflammation of a fluid-filled cushion beneath the skin
Arthritis -- narrowing of the joint space and loss of cartilage in the elbow
Elbow strains
Infection of the elbow
Home Care:
In adults, the following steps can help treat many cases of elbow pain:

When you first notice the pain, apply ice up to 15 minutes every hour for the first day. Continue to apply ice every 3 to 4 hours for up to 3 days. Wrap the ice in a cloth -- do not apply ice directly to the skin.
Wrap the elbow with a bandage, such as an ACE bandage. You may need an air splint to keep the elbow immobilized.
Keep the elbow elevated above your heart, if possible.
Give the elbow joint complete rest for at least 2 days. DO NOT return to the activity that caused the problem for at least 3 weeks. Then, gradually strengthen the muscles around your elbow. A physical therapist can teach you how to do this.
While you are resting the joint, take pain relievers such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
After the initial rest period, you should begin to gradually strengthen the muscles around the elbow through gentle flexibility exercises.

Use ice or ibuprofen after the activity to prevent swelling and pain, if you have had an elbow injury in the past.

Wear an "elbow band" over an injured or rehabilitated area to prevent further injury and reduce pain.
Perform regular stretching and strengthening exercises (given to you by your physical therapist or doctor).

pink lady
Rating
Arthritis hun! I had a really bad infection in my elbow about 10 years ago and since then, I have had arthritis in it.

Lucky Man.
Rating
Arthritis.

Chris S
Rating
I get joint pain when lifting weights, it's pretty common, however you may want to go to the doctor to check it out, you may also be lifting stuff wrong, or possible have arthitis.

NT
Rating
i used to get that pain from when i lifted weights. i went to the doctor they told me to take a lot of ib profen (spelling) for about a week striaght, that should kill the pain. try to not lift anything heavy either during that week, that will also help heal it...hope that helps

StressedMumOf2
Rating
I am with Jonathan on this one.

Jack J
Rating
arthritis

RS
Rating
This could be what's called 'phantom pain'. It usually happens in cases of people who've lost limbs, but it can also happen if your fractured or dislocated a limb.
I dislocated my leg some time ago, and I sometimes get phantom pains in my knee if I do anything particularly physical.
I'd suggest doing some light physio therapy for around five minutes in the morning, just to warm up your arms and ease any pain.
Hope this helped!!
:)

Jonathan
Patient: Doctor it hurts when I raise my arm like this.
Doctor: Well don't do it then.

Same applies - don't lift heavy things.

Pez
I'm shocked at the frivelous answers people have given! I'm a medical doctor and one should never draw any diagnosis before a full history including all the relevant questions, a complete examination and relevant investigations.......this pain could be due to inflammation following overuse/misuse of the joint, an infectious arthritis, tennis elbow, bursitis, osteoarthritis (depeding on age) ect...ect.....a full clinical assessment is important.

EDIT: in response to the person who claims experience and has diagnosed 'fantom' pains.....I can't believe the audacity to think everyone else has what you have. After 6 years of medical trainings and 3 years of post-graduate hospital training I dont make fly-by conjectures because it can be misleading, I suggest you do the same.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy