Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

Curious????????????
What would happen if you ate close to a whole bottle of ibuprofen or tyonel....

Over exercised yesterday and now in pain, what relieves the pain?
should i do more exercise? or take painkillers?...

Do you have a headache?

Help!!! I think my appendix bust?
Theres a serious pain under my bellybutton and it's been there for two days. I also don't fell so good. Please can you tell me if my appendix is bursting or has burst. Or just tell me what ...

Trouble swallowing pills. Are there alternatives?
I am going to be 18 in a few months, and I have always had trouble swallowing pills.

I don't take pills that often... not even when I have a headache. I tend to wait it out. But, ...

Will the e.r. admit me?
If i go to the e.r. with an excruciating pain in my liver, will they admit me into the hospital over night to run tests and ...

What's the worst physical pain you have ever experienced?
The worst physical pain I have ever experienced was the time I knackered my knee. I had torn a piece of cartilage, and I happened to be sitting in a chair, then I moved my knee and the whole thing ...

What wood cause a peson to get head aches all the time?
pain is right above my left eye and kinda moves back and forth around my fore head from side to ...

On a scale of 1 to 10, what kind of pain would you say is a 10?

Warm or cold pad for muscular pain?
If my back is hurting, should I use a cold or warm pad?
When should we use each one?

Thanks....

What's the best way to get rid of a headache without taking tablets?

Does piercing your ear hurt??

What helps relieve cramps?
does anyone know what relieves cramps other than advil or whatever?...

What Is The Worst Pain You Can Suffer ?
I think the worst pain is when you freind family or pet is ill or dying or dies how about u ?...

Hangover!! I NEED help!!?
I have SUCH a bad hang over. I've tried drinking lots of water but always throw it back up. I can't sleep it off either because my headache is killing me and the mere idea of food makes me ...

PLEASE HELP! my heart literally hurts very badly?
ouch, it feels like it got stabbed:(
i'm a 13 yr. old girl.

ouch please help me.
it's physical, not emotional btw.
omg, its getting worse.
from my elbows-neck ...

Can someone help? Severe stomach pain after eating?
I am 20 years old and at a healthy 98 pounds. I run about 25 miles a week, but it seems that every time i eat i get severe stomach pain and my stomach gets HUGE. I have the pain right now, i didnt ...

What is the fastest way to cure sore throat instead of taking medications?

Tongue piercing???
does tongue piercing hurt? how much? i have asked loads of people and only 3 said it does. one of my mates even cried. im getting it done in 3 weeks but im scared. what does it feel like?...

What is the proper way to dispose of unused pain medicine?

Lilly Knows Best
I burnt my hand what can i do to make it feel better?
Plz write names of sites that have useful information too

Candice M
Rating
run it under cold water, then spread some aloe vera gel over a damp washcloth and keep it on your hand for as long as needed

Summer Days
Rating
If the burn is larger than an inch diameter you should have it seen to by a doctor. Running cold water for 20 mins stops the skin burning. Then apply a antiseptic cream that has a mild anesthetic to help with the discomfort. Speak to your local chemist (drug store) for professional advice.

Never put butter or any thing with oil in it on the burn, these products with feed fuel to the fire and the skin will continue to burn.

ann
i burned my hand 3 weeks ago it was really bad it started bubbling and stuff but right after i burned i put raw egg on it then wash it off after a while then olive oil and wrapped it in plastic wrap and a piece of cloth on top soon your skin will prolly start to crack keep doing the olive oil thing it really works.

6AmericanEagle9
All i can think of is to throw some deez on that *****

works everytime

goodluck

Tall Green Alien
If it is serious, a doctor will give you a prescription for sulfadiazine as an antibiotic.

Chuck O
If you have any aloe vera, that might help. Ice could help too. There are shelves of meds at most grocery stores or pharmacies. All of this would only be helpful if you have only a minor burn. For moderate to severe burns, I suggest seeing a doctor immediately.

cindy a
Rating
depending on how badly the burn is (you could get very sick if it's bad), ask your pharmacist for something like "Silvadene" cream. Cake it on like frosting and make sure you change the dressing or bandage frequently. Again, it just depends on the severity of the burn. Please use common sense though in regards to your health. Hope this helps.

Chas B
Rating
webmd.com, use the first aid tab to identify the severity of the burn and what action to take

wawawebis
Rating
soak it in a bowl of cold water with some ice cubes in it.

Morgie
Aloe prevents scaring..bet u did not know that...use it every day...I Know been there done that..

Imaka
It depends on the severity of the burn. For a first degree or second degree burn, hold it in cool running water for several minutes. A third degree burn needs hospital care. Don't put anything on a burn - no aloe or ointment. Check these links for care of burns. I hope this helps and that you feel better soon.

sokokl
Apply ice packs (which will help with the pain) and also aloe vera (if you have a plant or know someone that has a plant fresh can really help with the healing process) and vitamin E (either gel caps or in oil form).

I would also recommend checking with your doctor as well to sese what they say. In the mean time here's the link to a site that might be able to help: http://www.WebMD.com

kyurius
I burnt my hand 2 days ago, on hot grease from the oven.... ohhh the pain. I got a face cloth, soaked it in water, rang it out, then wrapped it over an ice cube.. it took a couple of hours for the pain to pass, but eventually it did.
Last year I burnt my hand doing the same thing (made the same mistake twice! But it didn't happen the same way), anyway, I had second degree burn.. I went to outpatients and the doctor put flamazine on it and wrapped it in gauze. If it's bubbling already, go to the doctor. It's a sign of 2nd degree burn. Hope it helps!

redjellybean
Rating
Hope your hand feels better, and hope these sites help some what if not and it's really bad you should go to the ER or doctor.

irishcuttie226
Rating
Cold water, Ice in a baggy, and neospoine or a burn med from CVS if its bad u need to go to the hospital.

michael w
Lots of ideas but nobody has come up with the best one .Vinegar works wonders on burns, stings etc. Try it, but you have to burn yourself first. Seriously vinegar is the best and I am not joking now

Sabrina
Rating
idk any sites but get a cloth and put ice in it and then dampen the area with the burn. leave it on for 8-10 min.

Gorgeoustx Vote the Fundies OUT!
ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loveable:D
Rating
put it in ice.. put some medicated cream and wrap it.. good luck and feel better

carblue ♥
DO NOT PUT BUTTER ON IT!!! I saw that up in the suggestions, that is an old wives tell. Butter is grease and grease will trap the heat in and will cause a burn to worsen. Use aloe vera or a store bought cream for burns. If it is bad enough go to the doctor or er. Be careful wrapping it for the burn my stick to the wrapper and skin will bond with the wrapping agent. It is also very helpful to just have a bowl or pot of cold water near you and just keep your hand in it till the pain subsides. Also take a tylenol for the pain.

A-T
put it on a bag of ice. search it in yahoo.

dazzii
Rating
Soak the burn in cool water. Then treat it with a skin care product like aloe vera cream or an antibiotic ointment. To protect the burned area, you can put a dry gauze bandage over the burn. Take an over-the-counter pain reliever, such as acetaminophen (one brand name: Tylenol), ibuprofen (some brand names: Advil, Motrin) or naproxen (brand name: Aleve), to help with the pain.

Butch Cassidy
Rating
How severe was the burn? Put ice on it, or at least run cold water over it. It should heal pretty well on its own. Lotion can work, too.

If it's very severe, though, like it's black and blistering, go to the hospital. If it's just red, you should be fine with ice.

Jellybean1
aloe vera works the best for burns
it can work for sunburns too btw..

<3
Rating
aloe vera on it and some ice

Annalee
Rating
put a tea bag in water and then put it on your hand

curmudgeon
Rating
soak in cold water with ice.

Lisa C
Rating
wash it off in cold water and put some neosporin on it. Don't bandage it .Good that the air gets to it to assist healing..

sek
put ice on it

martymar7wr
Rating
aloe vera

Scott
Rating
Put Aloe Gel on it

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy