Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

My back is killing me! Any suggestions?
I work as a CNA and we lift alot, but I try to use proper procedures, but I can hardly move it hurts so bad! Please some suggestions! T...

Vicodin..??
How do you get a prescription of them???

they are the only thing that helps my back pain! But what if the doc tries to give me something else??...

How can i make my throat feel better?
my throat is really sore right now and ive been waking up every morning for the past couple days with it hurting very bad. before i go to bed tonight, whats something i can do to help it to feel ...

Pain in my heart?
I'm 15.. body built good. I have heart pain once in a while. and shortness of breath.. my heart just feels like its being poked or something. I really want to know..what is wrong with me..please ...

I have a sore throat what do Ido to stop it?
I've tried everything to stop my throat from hurting. What else is there left to do? Help me please?...

How do you feel about people harming themselves?
I've had to deal with something I've got very strong beliefs against recently.. I was just wondering what other people about people cutting their wrists etc..?
Additional Details<...

What if I take more than 15 advils or more?

HELP Please in a lot of pain!!!!!?
i have ingrown toenail i really dont wanna go to the hospital or doctor to get it removed. Does anyone have home remedies plz i am in pain!!!...

Pains after drinking alcohol?
i have pains all over my body eg-legs, arms. they get really painful after maybe 3 hours of drinking, and i always take advil to relieve it. why is this happening?
Additional Details
i ...

I am really scared of shots and tomorrow i will have one.what should I do?

Lumps in belly button...?
when i stick my finger in my belly button, i feel lumps inside the skin, is this normal? i get pains in my stomach often.... but nothing terrible...

i don't have my belly pierced....<...

Life worth living..?
i have lived with chronic pain for 6 years, doctors say there is nothing they can do. 6 years ago i fell down the stairs and broke my back....thats when it all started, ever since then i have had my ...

I don't feel very well. Can you diagnose this?
I don't know if I'm sick, but I have a bad headache, which feels like I've been crying for a while or like ice is melting on my forehead. My throat is a little sore and I feel hungry (...

Whats wrong with me ? I feel very ill?
I went to Bed last night and i couldn't get to sleep .

Can someone tell me what they thinks wrong if i tell u what iv been feeling .

My Neck is Really Stiff , All my ...

Does anyone else sometimes feel pain in a dream?
i know it sounds stupid but it sometimes happens me? anyone know why? ...

Help I have a headache!?
What can I do?
I can't swallow tablets!...

My dog is suffering.. He is 10 years old already. My dad suggest me to bring him to vet and put to sleep.?
I dun want him to go to the vet and put to sleep. Can anyone give me idea on how to let my dog die peacefully without going to the vet? What should i give him to eat so that he will die painlessly ...

Whats the best OTC medicne for a migraine?
I have used Tylenol, Advil, and Exedrin and after a while they become non-effective. What works fo you?...

Is it possible to be allergic to Codeine?
Every time I take it I get severe upper abdominal pain. Has anyone else ever experienced this?...

Headache relief?
i have a bad headache no pain killers or ne thing what can i do to relieve the pain and go to bed ?...

Sandra C
How long do pain pills stay in your system if you just took one?

Scott K
It depends on what it was and what is meant by still in your system. Most pain pills have worn off in 4 hrs., but they will remain in your system for up to 48 hours.

JustGen
About 4 hours

Waynes Angel
Rating
depends on the kind it is some 4 hrs some 12 hrs and some 24 hrs

MissySue
8 to 12 hours, depends what kind you took.

MtnManInMT
Rating
I think you mean how long will the effects of the medication remain.

The chemicals themselves can remain for a considerable time. That is why drug testing through hair samples is effective.

The effects on pain though are relatively short. Generally a maximum of 4-6 hours depending on the dose, type and your body size. There are some newer pain meds that are time release now and they can mask certain types of pain for up to 48 hours but those are the exception and not readily available, and by prescription only.

Serinity4u2find
Depends on your size, how much you took, and how you metabolize medication.

Diego
Rating
these estimates seem to be more for hydrocodone(vicodin,lortab) if you took something stronger and youre trying to pass a drug test maybe for oxycontin it may be up to 3 days percocets usually the next day or day after these are all just estimates they vary on how much you took how long youve been taking it and yes even your weight(i problay forgot a few roxicet is between the two) and these are opiate pain killers im not to sure for the others like morphine why do you need to know

debra62
Rating
The instructions on the pill bottle should tell that. If the prescription was written as "take one every six to eight hours" that means, you should not ingest anymore during that timeframe.
And that means other pain meds too. Do not mix your pain meds unless they are prescribed to be taken together.
The six to eight hour rule (or whatever is written on the bottle) can vary from person to person depending on body weight. What lasts that long for a 120 lb. woman, might not be strong enough for a 150 lb. woman, but doctors take that into consideration when assigning the dosage and strength.

Zenawoo
Rating
Depending on the type of pain pill or the "half-life" of the chemical in the pill it's hard to give a general answer. If you look online with the specific name of your pain medication you can find the answer.

?!
Rating
depending on what kind...how often does it say on the bottle say to take them? if its every 6 hrs then they will probably stay in your system about 7-8 but it really depends on the med's and on the person.

Richard H
Rating
depends on the kind and the dosage - if it's a 5 mg it will stay a lot shorter than a 100 mg pill.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy