Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

My feet and legs cramp all the time does anyone no y?it hurts so bad like a charlie horse!?

Any advise on getting rid of period pains?
I'm in agony here!

Paracetemol just isn't touching it......

I have been having headaches for months know,I'm 14 and the headaches wont stop,what kind of headache is it???
The headache lasts for hours and I get tired a lot,a little dizzy at times for about a couple seconds and then the dizzyness goes away.The headache is like on every side of my head,like it hurts in ...

How and Where do you apply a product called Head On?

What's the worst pain you've ever experienced?
pretty much the only good thing about being in pain is the cool stories that come out of it!...

Need to get my Doctor to listen to me?
I have had Chronic back pain for over 6 years it's also been getting worse as in the pain radiates into my arm and fingers. I have pleaded with them to do an MRI I have told them the medicine ...

What can I do to reduce joint pain?
I am 25 and have very sore joints, particularly in my shoulders. I have been tested for everything my doctor could think of (including arthritis and allergies) and everything came back negative. I ...

Omg please please help?
I just got a Root Canal today and it hurts really bad. They gave me medication and I took the prescribed amount. They said its pretty strong so only take it like every 8 hours. But I took some 30 ...

What hurts you?

Additional Details
Thanks so far guys, more specifically, something that you personally feel hurts more than anything else in the world or is most damaging. Could be physical, mental, ...

I have a headache, can anyone help me ??
I am hopeful that someone has a good natural remedy. I do not want to take any Advil, Asprin, Tylenol or anything like that....

Help! Hiccups are painful!!?
I've had hiccups for the last 20 minutes. I also have broken ribs and internal damage (from a car accident). I am intense pain!! What can I do???...

What is wrong with my feet?
I can't stand for 30 min. without them hurting, & certain jobs require that I stand 8 hrs. straight. I really want to work these types of jobs, but I can't because of my feet. Mainly ...

I have this annoying pain in my lower back what could this be?

Are generic brands juat as good as the name brand stuff?
U know like store brand pain reliever gel and let's say Ben-Gay? or Advil and the store brand name pills?...

Headache???
what gets rid of a headache besides Tylenol or any of that other stuff?...

How do you get rid of a headach that has lasted for more then 2 weeks?
ive had this insane headache foe over 2 weeks and i dont know how to get rid of it, any ideas?...

My eyes hurt! Could Someone help me please?
It Feels like someone is pushing them in it hurts bad!!!:(...

May anyone please help me with this annoying problem?
I have this red bump the size of any other kind of average pimple an inch away from my anus and it hurts a little bit when i walk (not enough to make me walk differently). it also hurts when i sit ...

Is your appendix on the right or left side of your body?
Something hurts alot and I wanna rule out my appendix playing up...thanks...x
Additional Details
you gotta keep going if you are a single mum Nathalie...i have to keep up with a 4 year ...

Is there any way to prevent migraines?
I'm having migraine headaches all the time and I don't really know how to deal with it. People say relax and I have, but they still keep coming. What can I do?...

Joanne D
Can u take paracetamol and ibuprofen together?

Esquire
Rating
I think you'll find that Ibuprofen contains paracetamol and so you can not take them together, as too much paracetamol is very bad for you.

Read the packet of Ibuprofen and if its contains paracetamol it should tell you. Don't be tempted to take them together.

aout
Rating
It would be best if you asked your pharmacist this.

janey2007
Yes, but beware the Dwarf.....

maxine k
yes you can up to eight 500mg paracetamol in 24 hours and up to three 400mg of ibuprofen daily but be carefull when taking paracetamols as they can be precent in other medicines so dont overtake always take ibuprofen with food not on an empty stomach

Keko
Learn how to get rid of the cause of the pain
I use a chiropractor and massage therapist with the principles below
Much pain is from muscles below is an example of what may help (based on headaches).
Begin with a couple swigs of molasses or a couple of bananas daily - magnesium (which regulates many things in the body) and potassium (a needed building block for muscles).
Drink at least 1/2 gallons of water per day. Running a body low on water is like running a car low on oil is the analogy the head of neurology at UCDavis told my husband about 10 years ago.

Now to the cause - muscles - your back, neck shoulders and head have tender spots. They are knots in the fibers of the muscles called trigger points. It makes the muscles tight which makes them press on nerves and other things causing the pain.

The cure - start with a professional massage, you will also want to go back over any place you can get to 6-12 times per session up to 6 times per day rubbing (or lightly scratching on your head) every where that is tender until the knots go away. The place where the skull connects to the spine press up under the edge of the skull (to get to those muscles).

For more information read The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook by Davies. It teaches what to do and where the pain comes from.

munki
Yes you can,but the less chemicals you put in your body the better-especially at the same time.

Mrs Bond
yes but not at the same time. If you take paracetamol at 3pm you can take ibuprofen at 5pm they should always be taken 2 hours apart.

brandi g
yes u can, but to be on the safe side i would not take them togeather. You should also eat, and i want to tell you to be really careful with the ibuprofen because it is really bad to make your stomache bleed, and it even caused my aunts kidneys to shut down.

boybellend
yes

McFLY_wannaB
Rating
Ask a doctor...mixing medicines can be harmful. I once heard of some one who did that (not with same medicine) and burned a hole in their stomache!

RICHARD S
well ibuprofen is an anti-inflamatary as well as a pain killer and paracetamol is a pain killer but your best seeking professional advice

nosdda
Rating
Yes, my doctor prescribed the same for meand told me to take them together before or after food.

debbie t
Yes you can. I bought cold relief capsules in my local pharmacist's last week and they also sold me some ibuprofen and said they can be taken together.

jen
your best asking the chemist but i believe there is a pain killer that has both paracetamol and ibuprofen in it i dont know the name cos i can only use co-dyemol (i know thats spelt i not the worlds best speller sorry) good luck

cp_scipiom
Rating
Yes you can. they are completely different drugs and have different actions and different side effects.
Read the fine print though, some of the side effects may apply to you.
And if you need them often, better see your MD

Radiographer
im 100000% sure u can coz i was prescibed them when i had my tonsils out but make sure u eat some food first

JOJO
You should leave it 2 hours in between.

bernie c
Yes you can as long as you don't exceed the maximum dosage in 24 hours 8 paracetamol and if not prescribed no more than 4 x 200 mg of Ibuprofen. I take 8 co-codamol and 1200mg of Ibuprofen they are prescribed.

Shane
To be on the perfectly safe side, call NHS Direct first to double check on 0845 46 47.

The BudMiester
Rating
Yes, but I`d have something to eat with them, as they are both stomach irritants.

Dolly Blue
Rating
Yes you can, however I usually leave a 2 hour gap between,!!!

Bexs
Yes you can - I usually leave it an hour before you taken the second lot.

?
Hi yes you can take both together as they,re not in the same painkiller group, as long as you take the stated dose on each box you shouldn,t have any problems. If in doubt ask at a chemist, A

vixen_rabbit
Rating
one dose of each and take nothing else for at least 8 hours and it should help.

Janet C
Rating
Yes you can ibuprofen is not a painkiller it is an anti inflammatory tablet so it is safe to take the 2 together in fact you are supposed to take the 2 together

mindpasta
Yes they are totally different, so you can safely take them together, at the usual 4 hour intervals.

Eg. 2 of each pill at 4pm, then repeat at 8pm, etc.

Bodieann
definately.... they work better together.
No more than 8 x 500mgs of paracetamol per 24 hours though
and no more than 3 x 400mgs of ibuprofen.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy