Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I'm 6'1", weigh 208 want to get down to 200. I've been lifting for 6 mos, 5-6 days wk. No impruvmnt. help?

How much alcohol will kill someone?
I found this website that had a calculator that determined how much alcohol would kill you based on how much you weigh, and your height.

If someone can find me the link, or an equilvelent ...

Should I tell my wife she is fat?
She eats too much junk food especially at night. She does not exercise. She told me 12 years ago not to say she was getting fat. That was, I'm guessing, 40 lbs ago. She is 5'7" and ...

Easiest way to stop drinking ??

I need to lose 100 pounds, how do I find the commitment and motivation?
I know how to do it but I just haven't found the will or commitment or motivation that is strong enough to stick with it or follow through. You'd think that looking at my fat body and ...

How do you get really skinny?
so you can your bones?
how long does this take?...

How do I stop snacking??
Right as I type this, I am eating strawberry bon-bons. I eat so much CRAP!!! How can I stop myself being tempted by sweets and chocolate etc......

How long does it take you to walk five miles?
i have to walk 5 miles home from work tomorrow. i'm kind of dreading it. i'm bringing my ipod and maybe calling a couple friends on the way. how long does it take you to walk five miles? ...

Im 15, how can i lose weight?
Ok so im 15, 5'6 and about 150 pounds
im pretty chubby and am not pleased with my body at all
i dont fit into some of the clothes i like the way i want to fit in them and can never ...

How many times a week do u eat out?
including sat. &sun....

I am a sort of big teenager.I would like to know how to loose all my fat and be very skinny. Please Help me.?
Ok. I would really like it if ANYBODY could tell me how to lose all this fat! Everytime I look on the internet it's just a scam just to give them money . Even the free things don't always ...

Please how do I increase my weight from 148lbs to 160lbs?

5'10 140 pounds am I eating too much??
I am 22 years old, do pilates for an hour twice a week. I try to eat really healthy every day:
I have:
a protein smoothie for breakfast
a cliff bar throughout the day
a low fat ...

At what age is it appropriate for a child to worry about their weight and start counting calories?
We are looking for opinions about health-conscious children. We’re interested to find out how much recent campaigns against obesity have impacted on children’s lifestyles and preferences,...

What is the lowest calorie meal anyone knows?

My gym doesnt open until 10am should i eat something waiting for it to open?
on the weekend.
Additional Details
on the weekend and i wake up around 6:45 to 8:30...

Is drinking orange juice as good as eating oranges?
Are there any advantage to eating oranges over drinking a glass of freshly squeezed juice?...

Are tacos and mexican food really fattening?
I am on a diet, but my roommate keeps leaving left over tacos in the refridgerator and everytime , i open the fridge I see a taco just sitting there , maybe two. and i eat them almost every time!!<...

Weight question?
ok im like 5'0 and i dont weigh this much but im just gonna give out a number if i weigh 88 pounds am i overweight or under.. my real weight verys between 78-82.. but if i still weighed 88 am i ...

What is a good diet?
One thats not too crazy hard ot stay on but it stillg ets teh job done.

Keep in mind in 16, 5'3 and 115...

kyleigh
Will running help get rid of belly fat?
just started running,dont really want to loose wieght,but get rid of belly fat.could running help,and how much should i run

Dillicious
Rating
yeah it will. But you know what will really get rid of belly fat. Crunches and situps

finnugold
Rating
Running will burn fat, but it might burn belly fat slower than fat in your legs or such. If you really want to burn belly fat quickly, try sit-ups or crunches.

liddabet
Running will help you lose weight - and some of it will be in your belly. If you want to lose fat and build muscle in your stomach - I think you should do sit ups and leg lifts.

(Easy for me to say what YOU should do - while I sit here on my behind - eating a cookie!)

RockstarAddict
yes it will

and set a goal and start off easy. maybe lik 25 min. and if you really wanna get rid of belly fat add a few ab exercises in there. and to really burn some calories so burst traing.. were you run for about 2 min the sprint for 1 min and run for 2 and back to sprinting..if you do that every other day youll see results

emily
run about 5 kilometer (3.1miles) and after roughly 3 weeks you should be quiet skinny

sofie C
running will burn fat but you need to do more stomach exercises

beachbum
Running is great for you don't know if it helps with belly fat or not swimming is great.

robink71668
Running and other types of things like riding a bike or swimming. Any type of exercise helps all aspects of your body. If you like to swim trying running for 45min. and then swim a few laps that will definetely help your belly.

knight900
riding will be better i think
as much as you can

leslie
Rating
yes it will help. cardio activities like running get rid of overall body fat.
I run about 3 times a week for 30-40 minutes.
of course I'm a slacker like no other so blahh.
But just run at your own pace. I run and then walk, run/walking is what I call it. Run half a lap, walk the rest.
crunches and sit ups will NOT get rid of belly fat. they will tone the muscles. so all you'll have is toned muscles underneath fat.
so you have to do cardio to lose the fat.

just the one
Yes if you do it for long periods of time.

'Barn
Running or walking is good. I suggest you do target exercises for your lower abdominal muscles.

NV4L
start with a mile a day and work your way up...dont over do it but yes it will tone tummy fat....try crunches too

lulu
Rating
Running will definitely help get rid of your excess belly fat. Any type of cardio will expend calories, burn fat, and strengthen your heart. You should run as much as you'd like to, but don't do too much, especially at first, to avoid risking injury.

Sunsets and Roses
Running is an excercise and like anything you do when you move, it burns fat. So yeah.

hellzfirex
Rating
yes running is great also do other cardio exercises. Try to keep your heart rate up and do it for about 30 minutes a day. You will also have to go on a diet eat about 1200-1500 calories a day. Then do your ab exercises. Actually you will have to lose weight to get rid of the fat so don't worry about it.

syd p
any cardio exercise is going to burn fat, but do some stomach crunches, you need to build muscle, muscle burns fat.

triathlon1979
Rating
yes it will help but diet is #1 for reducing belly fat

sam zebrow
Rating
45 mins a day

KrzyMom2
Well, it increases your cardio and that helps you lose weight!

sport loving steph
Rating
yes running does help
so does swimming.
run for 30 minutes to an hour.

good luck :D

starchild
Rating
Belly fat is about stress and diet. So be patient and kind to yourself. Eat lots of fiber and drink huge amounts of water. We don't get to pinpoint where we want to lose weight like we can pin point muscle gain. Weight loss is more general. Try lowering your sugar intake, drink at least two liters of water a day, and light cardio four to five times a week. When exercising keep your heart rate at about 40-70% of your personal max. Your personal max is 220 minus your age. Stay in that optimal weight loss zone for at least 20min a day 4-5 times a week. This will boost your metabolism and keep it running at a faster rate all the time, even when you are at rest. You will see your body become more lean in genreal and your core muscles will begin to tighten. Running will definately help, but be patient with yourself. If it comes off too fast it is probably water weight and will return just as fast. The slower it comes off, the longer it stays off.
ps- those that advise you to do lots of crunches don't know what they are talking about. Too much strength training in your belly will cause it to stick out more from muscle gain underneath your little pooch. Light core exercises like pilates are the most effective for growing core strength in women.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy