Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

Sciatica - any suggestions for easing the pain caused by this?
Painkillers not really working....

What can happen if u take 6 Advil and u only weight like 90 pounds?

Why am I scared of pain?
I would love to get a tattoo and another piercing but I am too scared of the pain. If they numbed the area I would get it done but because they don't seem to I am putting it off. What can I do?<...

Why does my wrist hurt?
:'(...

Want a Nose piercing- pain relief?
I want to get my nose pierced this weekend and
was wondering if theres anything i can do to my nose
to make it numb or hurt less before i go into the piercing shop.
also is needle or ...

Will i die if i drink car battery water? Please advise.?

I have been at my desk all night studying. My neck is REALLY aching. Any help?
I just need to relax maybe. I am pretty stressed out and when I lay down to go to sleep, my neck hurts on both sides near the base. I tried Icy Hot, but the pain keeps coming back. Any Ideas on how ...

What to do to get rid of kidney stones?

What do i do about cramps?
i have really bad cramps when i get my period. what do i do about it? i take pain killers like advil and motrin but they don't work. would aleve work? or are there any other types of cramp ...

Can you get cramp in the heart?

I'm getting my nose pierced soon with a gun! is it gonna hurt? what should i do to lower the pain?
also what should i do to no to have any infection?!...

Is it wrong to hurt myself?
My mom is quiting school and I know it's my fault so I went to the bathroom with a belt and hit my self till I left red stripes on my back. Is that wrong?...

Does it work?
has anybody ever tried accupunture if you have did this help for you. ive got a bad back and am concidering trying it just unsure if it does help or not ...

What non-medicine remedies do you know of for a headache?
I've tried all the over-the-counter meds and several prescriptions. I find hanging my head over the edge of the bed brings momentary relief, got any other ideas?...

Headache help?
i have had a headache for 5 days in a row already.there are a few reason why i might have it 1.alot of stress and crying 2.allergies or 3. being in front of the computer and straining my eyes. can ...

Back Pain!!!!! Any help??
What could I do without seeing the doctor???

Its more in my lower back. I didnt do anything to where I could have pulled a muscle.
I sit in a chair all day at work (receptionist).

Have i overdosed on paracetamel tablets??
2 nights ago i took 15 paracetamel tablets and i collapased and woke up 6 hours later with extreme abdominal pain, nausea, i was vomitting heaps even a bit of blood and i was shaking and blacking out ...

Can you walk barefoot down a gravel driveway or road and it not hurt?

How do I get rid of earaches?
my right ear is hurting and I have to take tylenol every 4 hours to get rid of it but it keeps coming back what do I ...

Ooooohhhhh my head. do you have a FAST hang over cure please?
sssshhhhhhhhhhhh.........................

Bob Boblaw
Is it ok for humans to take cephalexin, the dog painkiller?
I bruised my rotator cuff, and im in severe pain. Im freshly out of college and im not currently insured to go to the doctor yet, so im looking for relief.
thanks

olivia w
Rating
dont know if they have that as a drug for humans but if your taking a dose for another species of anything its not safe. i found that out in a reverse situation this nut job vet had me giving my dog 4 regular benadryl a day and i found out when i took the dog to a different vet that you arent really supposed to give benadryl to a dog at all and definitely not that much as their histamines are not located in the same place as humans. ill never forgive myself for making that poor dog feel worse then she was already and all it took was a cortisone shot which i kept telling the other vet she need to make her better and she had instant relief when the vet gave it to her. if your not insured go to a free clinic they can probably help you find a way to afford an needed treatment.

LEC
NO! Animals use different levels of pain management that would probably cause you a lot of grief. You would do just as well with alternating heat and ice packs, take some aspirin or Tylenol or ibuprofen, but leave the doggy medicine alone.

Nurse Annie
For years, humans have been taking the antibiotic, Cepahlexin (or it's oral=, Keflex) often used for staph infections, but has a load of uses.

It's also inexpensive because it's been around for so long.

popseekuls
don't do it!

notice they call it a DOG painkiller?

if you take it you could grow a really long nose
and lots of fur
and paw pads

rohit
Rating
no way
u can't use a dog's antibiotic to kill ur pain and ya girls may say that males are dog but don't u take it seriously

firekitty65
It made my dog throw up. I wouldn't take any dog medication. Take Ibprophen.

Dina N
Rating
Why not try icing 3-4x/day and take advil or motrin every 4 hours. Use sling to protect/keep it from moving also from gravity pull.

I don't know about that drug. Weird thing I heard some people take fish antibiotic.

You didn't state how you injured your rotator cuff. You could have torn them (SITS muscle tendons). It may require surgery.

PD
Rating
its not a pain killer, and never take dog medication, and never give your dog human medication. While cephalexin is an antibiotic for both humans and dogs, the inactive ingredients can be different. Also, the fact that you have extra cephalexin laying around means you misused your dogs perscription and put the dogs life at risk as well as contributing to the spread of resistant bacteria. ALWAYS FINISH AN ANTIBIOTIC PERSCRIPTION!!!!!!!!

sorry

vincepac601
the medication you are referring to is an antibiotic. people dogs, cats, horses, etc take it for infections. it wont relieve your pain. you can try over the counter motrin 800 mg, most OTC motrin are sold as 200 mg, so you can take 4. Take 800 mg three times a day, for added pain relief, include tylenol, theyt come in two doses, 325 mg and extra strength 500 mg. you can take 1000/975 mg three times a day with the motrin, or alternate motrin now then tylenol 4 hours later, then mortirn 4 hour later then tylenol 4 hours later and so on. you should be feeling better in a few days, plus drink lots of water.

maxmom
Rating
That's an antibiotic.

youbabii
Cephalexin is not a pain killer, it's an antibiotic. I recommend taking something like Tylenol or Ibuoprofen, or if you've tried that with no relief, you should be seen just in case there is more wrong with you than just a bruised rotator cuff.

alwyswaiting107
OK for starters there are free pain clinics every where so i have a feeling that you just don't want to go...your just like my fiance "look and see whats in the medicine cabinet that might work"....second of all IT'S FOR A DOG!!!!! that should have been your first instinct...how much college have you had if your questioning whether or not to take medication prescribed to an animal, and if your in that much pain and you have no other resort than to take anti biotic medication for a dog look me up and I'll personally give you a percocet j/k that's against the law but the best advise i can give you is to take it easy, use heat not ice all though ice will bring the swelling down it will hurt on your bruise and heat will help more with your pain....you can look on the Internet and find a free clinic all states offer state insurance such as title 19, and gamp which is what i am currently on otherwise you have no choice it's hi ho hi ho it's off to the ER you must go where I am pretty sure that will shoot you up with some morphine for the pain but whatever you do don't take the DOG PAIN KILLER.....otherwise known as an anti-biotic

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy