Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Big problem with my friend?
I can usually help with these things but damn

Her father drinks alot and she found him passed out tonight...she dosent want AA for him though. WHAT DO I DO??

Im a guy , so tak ...

Any recommended medicine/anything for better sleep?
I`m having trouble with my sleep - I just can`t fall asleep.I`m feeling tired, sleepy, cant concentrate at work but still cant fall asleep - no stress, warm bed, quite - doesnt help.
Sometimes I ...

Is 17 to young to be assistant manager and head cheff in a top restaurant in Cambridge?
If 17 18 in October and have been made assistant manager i am also a head cheff at the same place but i am starting to get tired so, so is all this work to much for a 17 year old to manage
A...

Just Curious - Would you be willing?
If you went to answer a question in Yahoo Answers - and somebody asked you to send them just $1.00 to help with medical bills - would you send it?
Additional Details
LET ME STATE - I am N...

Why do we sneeze twice?
i often sneze twice...why?...

How to disipline this child?
A good friend of mine came up to me the other day and told me that his son had gone to wall-mart and bought a package of size 6 diapers and then came home and put one on and went to sleep in just ...

Would you like to know the precise date of your death?

How many times a day are you actually supposed to take a shower?

6-6-06??What is going to happen?
What is going to happen suposly please tell me!...

How old do I have to be to buy medicine to treat a yeast infection?
I'm under 18 and I have a yeast infection. What over-the-counter drug should I buy and can I even buy it at my age?...

Do you think its discusting or wrong to be a lezbian?

What makes you smile big?
a lovely day....

Hi i have a 5 month old girl whom has had a cold for about a week and now has started to shiver what to do?

How much water should i drink a day?
Im a 120 pound female cross country runner and i drink 7 or 8 regular sized bottled water bottles a day. is this too much? or enough?...

Has anyone got any strange phobias?
I have one of belly buttons, i hate anyone touching mine it makes me feel sick!...

What's good for sunburns?
I got burned really good in tanning booth....

What is your favorite sleep position? Which is the all-time most comfortable?

What's your lower back bone called ?
I've tried google, and yahoo but it won't tell me, and I keep getting random results. If you know please tell me. I think it begins with c..? Many Thanks ...

What do you do when you are stressed out?

I need help on my low self esteem.?
how can i up my self esteem, i can't even talk in a large crowd without getting that sick feeling, and what makes it worse is that my mom says that i have really high self esteem, but i don'...

andy v
Why does my nose bleed when I wake up?
Occasionally I will wake up in the morning and my nose immediately starts to bleed. Why doesn't it bleed while I am asleep and what is causing it to bleed in the first place?

Buff Babii
you are having a period through your nose

ஐAshley♥
Rating
Only a doctor can really answer this, and this is Yahoo Answers, not Yahoo Doctors.

paintball_freaq
cuz ur fat

Jenny
Rating
If you are a nose breather during the night, what is happening is the lining tissues in your nose are getting dried out and then you sit up and the blood rushes to your nose and this can burst capillaries. Try using a moisturizing nose spray before going to bed.This should help alto!

Brittni B
okay this may sound REALY weird but my cousin did the same ting its prob cuz u pick ur nose rally hard in your sleep if u dont believe me ask ur doctor!
brittni

JM
maybe the air in your room is too dry and when you breathe through your nose at night it's drying and cracking causing it to bleed. you wouldn't notice until you wake up because when you lay down it would most likely drain down your throat where as when you get up, it would flow down! try a humidifier or put a bowl of water in front of your heat vent and see if that helps. best wishes

♥♥ ~* Just Janz *~♥♥ ║│▌│║▌║™
Rating
Most nosebleeds don't have an easily identifiable cause. It may be caused by trauma or irritation, or may indicate an underlying problem. It's best to have a word with your doctor. If it's minor you may need no treatment at all, but if the source is a blood vessel the doctor can remove it. Sounds a lot worse than it is though, probably nothing to worry about.

Dancer92
The nose is a part of the body that is very rich in blood vessels (vascular) and is situated in a vulnerable position on the face. Any trauma to the face can cause bleeding from the nose. This is common in dry climates, or during the winter months when the air is dry and warm from household heaters.

For unknown reasons, nosebleeds most commonly occur in the morning hours.

Hesuse J
dry nose + weather.

Jestina B
you should get a cat scan you may have a brain tumor that happend to my dad but he had it removed. go to your doctor

vïéŤßoi
if you put too many sheets or blankets, you'll heat up. Also you should drink more water to hydrate yourself.

Pam H
Dry air in the bedroom. Drink more water and get a humidifier for your bedroom. I don't know why it starts to bleed when you get up and not before - but that is how it works for most people.

Josie826
It could be that your house is very dry and that your nasal passages are excessively dry. Prior to going to bed, spray a saline nasal spray in your nose and see if that helps. You could also put a humidifier in your bedroom to help humidify the air. If it continues, you should see a doctor.

Bre
Rating
It's probably dry in there. It bleeds when you wake up because you move when you first get up (it gets agitated.) It is probably bleeding even before you wake up actually..

I would put some vaseline (just a little) in your nose before bed each night to help moisturize it! Sounds weird but I bet it would help!

julie f
the air in your house is to dry causing blood vessels to dry and crack if you have a heat vent in your bed room put a pan of water on it it will evaporate and keep your room moist enough for your sensitive nose

jenny
It might be the heater drying out your sinuses if you live in a cold climate. Try buying a humidifier.

Robert C
room is too dry at night
get a humidifier

Pixiechix
well when ur asleep you are laying down. you are on an angle making it so u cant bleed. sometimes when ur nose bleeds its cause u either have a sensitive nose, or u could have problems with the liver. i am no expert i am only 13, but i watch alot of tv, and one of my favourite shoes is house and one episode had a victim with the same problem

Erin S
you have a lot of pressure going on in your head when you lay down. especially for a long time. i would suggest you prop a pillow up or sleep in a recliner.
i hope your nose stops bleeding cause that truly blows.

mozzy
that would be the sort of thing to ask a doctor ;)

mexapino
Rating
Nosebleed Causes

Trauma to the nose (nose picking, foreign bodies, forceful nose blowing).
The most common cause of a nose bleed is drying of the nasal membranes.
Tumors, particularly malignant tumor of the nose or sinuses.
The incidence of nosebleeds is higher during the colder winter months when upper respiratory infections are more frequent, and the temperature and humidity fluctuate more dramatically.
Use of "blood thinning medications" called anti coagulants.
Recurrent nosebleeds may be a symptom of an underlying disorder such as high blood pressure.
Inflammation of the nose or sinuses and cold may cause a nose bleed.
Deviated septum (when the partition between your nose is crooked), foreign objects in the nose, or other nasal obstruction may also cause nosebleeds.
Symptoms
Bleeding from one or both nostrils.
Frequent swallowing.
Sensation of fluid flow in the back of the nose and throat.

nickipettis
Rating
curious. might be that you have VERY high blood pressure.
you really should talk to a doc about that.

Munch
Rating
could be that the air in your home or room is too dry, try a humidifyer see if it works

myndstorm77
Rating
your ceiling is low and you keep banging it?

skullmania
Rating
Umm your sick go to the doctor

masseur_at_play
Rating
iron deficiency... without enough iron you don't hold your blood

Sharlina
thats a little strange, and its happened to me many times.

my nose would sometimes bleed every day out of the week, at LEAST once a day, and not only while waking up.

i don't really know what it is though. I've gone to the doctor for it once, and all he did was prescribe me iron pills.

GC
Rating
How old r u? If you are 10- 15 ur body is changing, growing up and all that stuff and that is probably the reason u r bleedin (thats what my mom told me), but if you are 20+ u should really see a doctor

The Bold Tortoise
maybe your room is very dry. try using a humidifier.

Jimmymac
Rating
It probably starts when you sit up. While you are lying down,especially if you sleep on yor back,it won,t bleed. It may be because the air in your room is very dry. If you live in a cold climate and have central heating it can cause dry and sometimes bloody noses. If this is the case get a humidifier.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, December 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy