Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

What Was The Last Thing On Your Mind Last Night?
Mine was why do mosquito bites itch<<Anyone know the answer to that as well? Lol ;-)...

Should I get breast implants and how much would it cost?
I am 5'3 and I am 92 pds and a 32 B but I am wanting like a 36 C cup is that to big for me and what would be the price range on ...

Who do we contact about a roach infestation in our apartment?
Hi everyone. I had another question. We have been dealing with a roach infestation for going on 9 months now. The previous owners were slobs and the apartment manager did now clean the appliances ...

What is the fastest way to gain weight ?!?
i am eleven and i just had my braces and took out "8" teeth .so now i cant chew anythings ! i am only 29.5kg ,i want to know how to gain weight ?what should i eat without chewing ?
A...

Has anyone ever stayed awake all night?
and been awake right through the day as well, i was up on yahoo answers all last night and just surfing the internet and today i went to my friends house and tonight i am going out for a few hours ...

My husband took 40mgOxycottin,1000mgVicod... within 7hr and is vomitting pure blood says hes ok?
he is now sleeping and says he feels fine but yet he says hes scared. He is 27 and never been to a doctor before for anything. I'm really scared and dont know what to do!...

I think I'm going to have a panic attack soon?
Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but I have started feeling weird.... I am very anxious, my chest gets tight, my breathing shallow and I feel like I can't breathe properly. It's ...

My 3 month old daughter's skin is very dry?can anyone help with this dry skin porblem ?

Really scared. Undergoing general anesthesia.?
I'm getting a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy tomorrow morning and have to undergo general anesthesia. To me, that is the scariest part. For those of you who have been under general anesthesia ...

Why are people still smoking in public?
i don't understand why people are still smoking in public.
i'm not against people smoking cos thats their business if they want to kill themselves slowly but it really irritates me ...

Can athletes foot ever be stamped out?

Do women who are short of cash or environmentally friendly ever?
recycle their sanitary towels?...

Have you ever met a nurse or doctor who smoked?

Whhy do some people refuse to quit smoking even though they know the consequences?

Why do people smell in the morning?
My roommates and I have noticed that in the morning there is a strong smell in our bedroom. And I've also notice that people generally smell odd in the morning when they wake up. It is partially ...

How do you get rid of a canker sore?

Why did this happen?
I was in bed almost all day yesturday feeling very sick. I think I had a fever and was very weak. When I woke up this morning my lips where so blistery, the skin was all peeling off, their was even ...

Can girls also sleep without tops?
I want to know the reason too....

Whats the best thing to cure a low self-esteem?
Am I looking at perscription drugs or therapy? Not sure words would help. Nowadays I see people all happy and smiling with all the confidence in the world and I just feel like a camera watching them. ...

How to get rid of a bad headche??

chillindo1
Why do professional athletes get paid more than Surgeons or Doctors?
Does it bother anybody that a player who can catch a ball and swing a bat gets million dollar contracts. A player who runs and catches footballs get million dollar contracts. A Surgeon or Doctor who repairs a brain, heart, or limbs, and saves peoples lives everyday, doesn't even get close to that amount of money.

thas how i roll
Rating
I agree 100 percent.

GuessWho
It does bother me. but life is not fair. the sporting business is all entertainment. the reason they are paid more is because players are at a high demand and they are hard to find. don't get me wrong, doctors are a high demand but it seems like everyone is going to school to become a doctor.

† Oh yeah
Rating
Its not just catching a ball as you stated. Professional athletes are very unique, they have superhuman like abilities their money comes from their fans, so they do earn the money they get. Athletes have always been paid well in one way or another through out time. Almost anyone can become a doctor if they really study and try hard but the same can not be said of athletes, they are born not made.

sparkles
We like to pay for the four dollar hot dogs at the sporting events and scalpers like to make lots of money too. There are cost restraints in healthcare.

Jim
Rating
There is more money involved so it is only fair they get a piece. People who do well in business do better than most doctors as well. Even though doctors get paid very well on average. How come a soldier goes and fights in foreign countries and makes less than the civilians who are contracted to cook their food and do their laundry? Or even better, how come soldiers make so little money in the first place? Do doctors families ever have to worry about the doctor never coming home again?

somebodysthere37
well u make baseball sound so simple. im no baseball player but i know it takes skill to be one. so i wouldnt give them so little credit on that matter. secondly neurologists and doctors, some very high payed, do make 7 figure salaries, more often when theyre in a private hospitals. i do understand that saving lives is more important than baseball or football, but its the way the game goes unfortunately.

Michael E
Rating
entertainment

i,m here if you need to talk.
people like to see other people get beat up. not all ready lyeing down for the count.

money man
they are higher ranked

Duff
Well its like this. We live in a f cked up world. Sorry

Honey Beats
Rating
cuz ppl dont care of serious issue. they just care about stufff thats eralavent. "supply and demand"

DaddyBoy
No.

jojo333
Rating
i don't know i guess its because the demand is there from the fans... they keep comming back and paying outrageous ticket prices so you can't blame the players...its more of the fans faults then anything! People will pay BIG TIME for entertainment of all types and i guess the players are the ones who are doing the entertaining....this is the best i can come up with?

DEB
It all boils down to supply and demand. Millions of idiots WANT to watch pro sports. So if only 10-20 guys can razzle dazzle like that, yeah, they will get paid millions. It's better than actors where half of them cannot act well but still get millinos for dumb movies. And yes, it bothers me sometimes. Hell I have days where I only earn like $100 - there is always somebody higher than you and somebody way lower. :-( Hopefully we will come bak as people enlightened AND with a big bank account? I am less worried about millionnaire sports stars and more worried about how America seems oblivious to this terrible war.

curiousgirl
because they have fans and games that people attend to and people pay tickets .

ktray1275
its because we are willing to pay outrageous prices for tickets

chriscando4u
because they bring in more money.

rer348
Rating
While I understand your confusion, I would offer this. Being a pro athlete is very uncertain in terms of time one may be able to do it. It is equally certain that one will be injured. How many $ are you willing to take for a near guarantee of ...years down the line...bad knees, back, elbows, shoulders, etc. Athletes don't stay athletes forever, and they DO have to live with the pain and disabilities in their bodies, when the world has forgotten them.

Kishimojun
Rating
But have you ever spent a Sunday afternoon watching heart surgery? Not very entertaining, is it? And what on earth do you serve for snacks?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy