Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Quit smoking?

I know of the many bad things that obesity brings on. But are there any positive things about being obese?

Why am I not fat?
I drink 3 20 oz bottles of coke
stop at Checkers or McDonalds and get fries every day I eat pizza for lunch 3 times a week
I do no exercising at all. I have a job where I sit all day A...

If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours......?
still had your health etc...How would you spend your last day?...

Why do people refuse to become organ donors?
Only about half of people agree to be organ donors when they get their driver's license. That means thousands of people die every year waiting for organs that never come.

If you'...

Is my foot odd? (pic)?
http://www.photohost.biz
All my friends say my feet are really weird and that I have a huge gap between my big toe and next toe and that this means I have ADH...

Whats the worst thing that can happen?
the first time people try cocaine
Additional Details
please make sure your info is accurate and not just say "DIE!"...

What should I do about my son's purple toe?
My three year old son dropped a fairly heavy toy train on his toe a few hours ago- he really screamed and went on crying for a while and his toe-nail turned purple almost immedietely. He's been ...

Do I have a neurological problem?
My dad thinks I have a neurological problem. By the way I have had this stuff happen longer than I can remember. Don't tell me to see a doctor just tell me what's wrong.

When i�...

My son is 2 had tonsils removed 7 days ago still in alot of pain will not eat anything, very bad breath?

Additional Details
he will not even eat a popsicle, nothing at all will only drink milk, is in so much pain he will not swallow, has low grade fever of 100.6 have talked to doctor and ...

How can a person grow taller!?
is it possible to get 2 inch taller in 4 months time?...

Do you believe things happen for a reason?

What's the first thing you do in the shower?
As soon as the streaming water hits you, what's the next move?...

Is it true that Marijuana makes you smarter because it makes your brain bigger ?

What is on your mind today???
good or bad, tell all....

Why do you throw up?
I am just really appaled by this question, my friend told me it a while ago and i could neaver figure it out....

Burn scar....?
is there any medicine or anything ican use to remove a superficial burn scar.thank u.
Additional Details
Thank you very ...

Can any one tell me why my arm keeps setting on fire, its wierd it just randomly happens???

Additional Details
it actually phsically sets on fire!...

Gross question -sorry so don't read if you're easily grossed out - Foul odor even after showering & deodorant?
This is embarrassing but it's an issue I've been struggling with for years now. I have a foul fecal-like odor even though I'm a very hygenic person. I've been to doctors and ...

Can u live with no ribs?
I was watching Saw 3 last night, when she got her ribs ripped out, [lol] and I was thinking to myself, can you live without ribs? Just a crazy question I was pondering last night. I mean I think you ...

One Love
Why can't we hear ourselves snore?
I've heard that hearing is one of the senses that is still doing its "job" while we our off in dreamland. So why is that we can't even hear a sound our own body makes when we are asleep?

abdul
There are five levels of sleep. Rem sleep is the one where you have dreams and sometimes toss and turn in bed. you can somewhat feel your consciousness. this is level one or two depending on the person. you would snore at a level of about 4 or 5.

1 is being the lightest and most aware stage and 4 and 5 being the least aware and VERY DEEP sleep.

okay so now the only way you hear yyourself snore. is if you go from 5/4 to 2/1. VERY QUICKLY. that way you continue teh snore your doing and hear it. after that you automatically stop snoring without realizing it.

aRcHiEs!!!
cause we are sleeping

Kinkatia
Rating
I don't snore... or at least no one's ever heard me snoring, so I don't think I do... think it's because I practically sleep on my face.

Anyway, you can hear yourself snore. But because it's a natural sound, your brain just dismisses it while you're sleeping. You get a good loud snore though, and it'll probably wake you up. It happened to my dog several times...
ANd maybe my dad, if I'm remembering correctly.

Torey E
Rating
that is a really good question.!!

maybe because we're in a deep sleep.

Rachel G
Rating
uh.. cuz your asleep!

Harry D
because our brain has shut off

gigi
Rating
That's the same as asking - does a tree make noise when it falls - if no one is around. You don't hear yourself because your brain is asleep.

bornirish505
cuz your asleep

Kelly R
Rating
Because we are unconscious when we are sleeping. We are unable to notice anything externally in a deep state of relaxation. When we are conscious(our logical mind), we can notice that terrible sound on others. We are usually aware of things around us and collect billions of information when we are conscious.

zanthus500
Rating
Because we are hearing our dreams, not our snoring

plan b skater
because when were asleep your whole body is relaxign your brian is basically telling you to just chill

your in a different state and your to sleepy to hear your own snours

Citty
cuz by the time we're snoring, we're far far asleep to notice.

Andrew J
Rating
Sometimes I have been able to hear the last part of a snore if I awake suddenly. I think ultimately our sense of hearing is accustomed to the sound of our snoring and does not wake us up for that reason. It's the same reason people can sleep through trains and traffic and other noises.

(: D.O.T :)
Because our ears really don't operate while were asleep unless very loud sounds are detected.

jamielynn
Rating
hahha because were asleep.. our minds are like basically shut off temporarily. ( at rest )

Jacob
Rating
Im sure we do hear it, but it is probably soothing like the oceans waves. Either that or we are not aware we are hearing it because our brain is busy with other stuff.

dragonlord
cause u r sleeping and not aware of anything else except the nightmares(lol)

soulaira
Rating
It all depends on how deep in sleep you are. I've actually woke up before mid snore (everyone snores don't let people lie to you lol).

L95037
Because we are sleeping!

Jen-jen
Rating
if we cud hear wed be awake..if ur own body makes sounds u wont wake up from them because u are so used to tgem

Name Here
Rating
Bcuz we are asleep

ɐuılǝbuɐ
because we are dreaming and thinking of other things...I think it works the same as us not hearing ourselves breathe during the day

Doctor Timothy
Rating
We can't hear ourselves snore because when we sleep our senses go to sleep as well. I think we do. The only part of our body that still works is our Brain. It controls how we move at night, and what we hear and don't hear.

If you would like to know more information please check out the website below. That may not answer your question but it may help.

Leif B
We can, our body just knows to ingore it. It would be pretty useless if our body woke itself from noises it made. Sometimes I've heard sounds in my dreams and woke up and realized that the sound was my snoring.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy