Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why did she cheat ??????
i found out my girls been cheating on me yesterday i wanna know why girls or guys cheat whats the ...

Who is glad it is Friday?

Who or what is setting the standard of what is beautiful or what is ugly?
i dont consider people to be ugly just by thier appearence.

why is someone considered to be ugly

why is somone else is considered to be beautiful

and what is ...

Why do people cut their wrists?
My friend does it. =S
Additional Details
Well her Mum had been ill for a few years and dies this January. Is that why?...

LSD is a (n) ______?
A. depressant

B. stimulant

C. opiate

D. hallusinogen

E. ...

Who really, should be in bed by now??
I know I should It's almost 2am!
Additional Details
Oh, I'm in Enland by the way!...

If i smoke what happends to me?

What do you think happens after you die?

The end of the world is coming soon?
Why do people say that the end of the world will be somewhere around 2012? Links would be helpful....

What causes dark cirles under your eyes?
and what can one do to prevent them?
Additional Details
I dont drink alcohol, i dont smoke, i dont take any drugs, and i usually get ...

Can this kill me eventually?
okay this is going to sound really stupid. i have a sense of humor like no other so i tend to laugh hysterically a lot of the time. when when i laugh too hard or long i start like suffocating and can&...

How do i put on weight?

I pee in the sink!?
I heard it as a confession years ago on sum weired programme (remember that one with that rough Sara Cox?)
so I tried it and since I have peed in the sink nearly all the time (I mean the ...

What r ur bad habits?

What would happen if I put Vodka into an IV bag and injected it into my body?

How do I overcome my addiction to popping bubble wrap?

What is the best way to relieve stress?

My urine is very yellow. Does that mean my body has many toxins?

Does giving blood hurt?
I have booked myself in to give blood on monday but i am nervous not only a s it is my first time but i am scared of needle to im ok if i dont see them but if i look i just burst into tears. Please ...

When you donate blood?
if they find something wrong in the blood will they tell you or just forget who it was that donated it?...

*Lexie*
What happens in your body if you don't eat?
If, say, you went for 1 week without eating a thing, what would happen inside your body?

yoyo_118
youd shrivel up like a giant raisin, please take pictures if you do this, it would be hilarious

El pond
Rating
You get ulsers in your stomach because if it has nothing inside at some point he'll start digesting the stomach walls. Then your body will use the stored fat to get all the necessary "food" to the rest of your body. Your brain won't work well either since healthy blood won't be getting up there.
Are you planning a strike or something?

PeaceOfMind
Start to die?

Jacob
You become superman, try it.

Geraint J
Rating
Your body eats your stored fat then your muscle and you can loose hair and then you could die so its eats itself

just another teenage disaster
ur body will eat ur insides or eat up all ur stored fat and u will feel tired all the time because u have NO energy

jonnymank
Rating
the body starts eating itself.

bassmaster_13
Rating
Your digestive system shuts down first.Then other bodily functions like your liver start to fail. All the while your body is heavily reliant on stored energy from adipose and suger stored in your liver. Once you've used up all your body's resources, it basically switches off. Short term effects are fatigue and weakness, long term effects are death.

The time it takes for this level of degradation depends on your existing bodily stores. When you stop being silly and start eating again, your body in famine mode will instinctively lay down adipose for the next time you starve yourself (yeah, you get fat) and the damage you do to your kidneys and liver is probably irreversable. Say hello to dialysis at thirty.

slim
it would explode, don't do it

however eating yourself sounds like a fun way to die too doesn't it?

xgurl3eb
your body realizes you are starving, it uses up your fat stores, starts to eat away at your muscles, and lowers it's metabolism to try to keep you alive longer. Eventually your organs don't get the energy and nutrients they need and they shut down

Madison B.
Rating
you will gain weight-your body thinks its going in starvation
collapse due to energy loss
loose muscule-your body will have nothing else to munch on,so when you dont eat,it goes straight to the muscule

sanbox69
Rating
it would use the fat to survive, but you would eventually die

KatyKat
Rating
Well contrary to what everyone is saying, if you didn't eat for a week you would NOT die! lol but you would probably lose a few pounds and your stomach would shrink. When you stop eating your body uses all of the protein it has inside your stomach and bowels before it starts eating itself. But it is true, within a few days your body would start using your fat for energy; if you extend this type of diet it would eventually start eating your muscles and then you will look disgusting... If you are wanting to go on a diet instead of starving yourself trying eating an apple for breakfast, an apple for lunch and then have whatever you want for dinner. That is what I do and the apple actually has negative calories (meaning: your body uses more calories to digest than how many calories are in the apple) so you lose weight by eating them...

Phoenix Kitty™
Your body pretty much begins to eat itself. If your body eats half of its protein you die.

tuncislord
Rating
you die

ldj_01930
Rating
It starts to work on itself for nutrients. Like your muscles/organs.

peacedude489
The body will begin to break down fat and muscle to use for energy. Your metobolism will come to a crawl and you will probably be dehydrated. Weakness but you will already be past the point of hunger.

fishgurl7
you body breaks down you mussel to fuel your body and the liner in your stomach and you will end up dyeing of starvation

sapphire
Well, eventually, you die! just kiddin, I guess you would probably get really weak and develop Anemia, wish I could stop eating thow!

richard m
u might have all ur organs shut down on u and consequently death may occur

jiggen
Rating
Symptoms of Inadequate Food Consumption

Although not as critical as going without water, missing even just a few meals can cause a host of undesirable complications for the would-be survivor. Although we will not starve while going without food for several days or even a week, being underfed for even just one day can cause:

* Irritability
* Low moral
* Lethargy
* Physical Weakness
* Confusion and disorientation
* Poor judgment
* Weakened immune system
* Inability to maintain body temperature which can lead to hypothermia, heat exhaustion, or even heat stroke.

Medical Doctors Commonly cite 4 to 6 weeks without food

10 Political Prisoners in Ireland Lived 46 to 73 days before succumbing to lack of food

12 individual starvation protestors Two lost tongues, 1 lost feet, 7 on kidney dialysis

Many war prisoners Lived 28 to 40 days with no food

World War II concentration camps With only 300 to 600 calories per day, many thousands did not have enough food to survive more than a few months at best.

Terminally Ill patients Live 10-days to 3-weeks without food depending upon initial heath

Obese Can live from 3-weeks up to 25-weeks and more without food depending upon initial health and amount of fat

Mahatma Gandhi Survived a 3-week fast while in his 70's

Jamie P
The fat storage will break down in your body.

Drew the Spartan
Rating
One week? Death.

But your body goes into starvation mode. Basically it burns your lean muscle mass while holding on to fat cells. Very, VERY unhealthy!

Marina R
Rating
Your body would use stored glycogen, then start in on fat stores and eventually begin to use valuable muscle tissue to keep going. Water intake is a must but most people can go without food for a few days and come out OK.

corzich
Rating
Your digestive enzymes would go on strike, holding little signs that would say "more food now, stop the occupation!" if only you were tiny enough to read them.

Jennifer M
Your body begins to eat itself and your metabolism shuts down. I was anorexic when I was a teen and now I'm overweight because I messed my metabolism up. Don't do it, it's better if you lose weight the right way.

Raptarr
your body will begin reacting by breaking down your muscle andincreasing your fat supply and you will gain waight but only for a short amount of time before your body starts burning that fat and then everything startsto shut down
must commonly seen in 3rd world countries

chickey_soup
Your body eats itself and contrary to belief it does not eat fat first it eats muscle.

Becka
Rating
Your body begins to break down any stored fat - it basically eats itself.

kay_flood
Rating
it would go into starvation mode... conserving fat and burning muscle tissue to survive.

Spamalot
To stay alive, you need 1,650 calories each day. Your body can store about twelve hundred calories of carbohydrates- most of them in your liver. Just being alive, you burn through all your stored calories in less than one day. After that, you burn fat. Then muscle.

This is when your blood fills with ketones. Your serum-acetone concentrations soar, and your breath starts to smell. Your sweat stinks of airplane glue. Your liver and spleen and kidneys shrink and atrophy. Your small intestine swells from disuse and fills with mucus. Ulcers open up holes in the wall of your colon.

As you starve, your liver converts muscle to glucose to keep your brain alive. As you starve, your hunger pains disappear. After that, you're just tired.

Once you burn through 70 to 94 percent of your body fat, and 20 percent of muscle, you die. For most people this takes sixty-one days.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, September 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy